Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh by the way, let me introduce myself, long time Spurs fan first time poster. Australian resident and sports reporter, became a spurs fan due to Andrew Gaze and Shane Heals time in San Antonio, but have decided to join your fine forum to contribute what I can regarding Patty Mills. So feel free to spot up any questions you like regarding his game, history, character and so fourth.

Go Spurs
    Welcome aboard mate.

You are joining a strong contingent of really good Australian posters on this forum.

Cheers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read it again...he's saying the Thunder can't beat the Spurs, not the other way around.
    Oops..my bad...read it wrong. I was reading it from my phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome aboard. Now we just need to hope the kid actually makes it to town.
    Lol. he actually is in town, if they announced him right now he could be doing a presser in 20 minutes.

One think you will always know about Patty, he is keen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome aboard mate.

You are joining a strong contingent of really good Australian posters on this forum.

Cheers!
    cheers, good to be here, hope I can hold up my end then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh by the way, let me introduce myself, long time Spurs fan first time poster. Australian resident and sports reporter, became a spurs fan due to Andrew Gaze and Shane Heals time in San Antonio, but have decided to join your fine forum to contribute what I can regarding Patty Mills. So feel free to spot up any questions you like regarding his game, history, character and so fourth.

Go Spurs

Welcome. I'm a huge Patty Mills fan, which is part of the reason why I want the signing to happen already. Hopefully we hear from the front office soon, but him being in town should be a good sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cheers, good to be here, hope I can hold up my end then.
    What city are you in? I've spent time as a Sports Reporter in Perth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welcome. I'm a huge Patty Mills fan, which is part of the reason why I want the signing to happen already. Hopefully we hear from the front office soon, but him being in town should be a good sign.[/B]
    it is, but by that same token, knowing Patty he just likes to be prepared. He packed his bags and flew out from Moraga 8 hours after hearing it was on the cards so he could be settled and ready to hit the court at practice.

If the deal falls over and another team signs him he would be on a plane there as quick as he could find flights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What city are you in? I've spent time as a Sports Reporter in Perth.
    Im in Adelaide, but correspond to Melbourne on the AFL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just mentioned Fisher's buyout on TNT during the Mavs/Nuggets game, also said that "rumor has it he might end up in San Antone". Spurs were the only possible team mentioned. Not real substantial, just a passing comment. Don't shoot the messenger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just cant see myself rooting for Derek Fisher. i think he'd help but...damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking Fisher might play poorly against the Lakers and that is one reason I don't want him. I also don't like him for other reasons which I'm not going in to.

Having said that does anyone think he might be really pissed off at the Lakers for trading him and wants to take a shot at them? He might actually help if he is mad at LA for dumping him and wants to stick it to them.

Pop really loves his backup point guards to not play like traditional PGs doesn't he? He seems to want them to be scorers that aren't pure play makers.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-19-2012 at 11:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just cant see myself rooting for Derek Fisher. i think he'd help but...damn.
    I felt the same way about Robert Horry when he came here, and he became one of my favorite Spurs.

Then again, I also felt like Robert Horry had something left in the tank when he came.

But there is no denying that the Spurs need a point guard, and even if the Patty Mills deal comes to fruition, still not sure if that is an answer for this season. So I'm still undecided about this whole deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt the same way about Robert Horry when he came here, and he became one of my favorite Spurs.

Then again, I also felt like Robert Horry had something left in the tank when he came.

But there is no denying that the Spurs need a point guard, and even if the Patty Mills deal comes to fruition, still not sure if that is an answer for this season. So I'm still undecided about this whole deal.
    True but Horry missed the game winner in Game 5 the previous year so it made his signing easier to accept

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. he actually is in town, if they announced him right now he could be doing a presser in 20 minutes.
    Very interesting. Any idea what the holdup is?

BTW, welcome to ST. Pound for pound, Australians might be the best posters on the site.

(Full disclosure: I lived in Adelaide for a couple years.)

One for the thumb dakota_spursfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when a player joins a team and his previous number is already taken, a monetary compensation is usually in order to try and get the number back. In that respect, if Fisher joins the spurs, Duncan deserves some cash for Fish stealing his .4 shot and still being allowed to play in the silver and black. Will never forget that night, complete jubilation to suicide watch in a matter of seconds

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    The whole situation seems weird. Wish we'd get some confirmation soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really timvp, Adelaide?

You must hate Australia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting. Any idea what the holdup is?

BTW, welcome to ST. Pound for pound, Australians might be the best posters on the site.

(Full disclosure: I lived in Adelaide for a couple years.)
    as far as I know all the paperwork is signed, just waiting to be logged. thing is, if the blazers had waived Patty on Wednesday he would be suited up right now. The weekend, and the news of Fisher has slowed things down because im sure the front office just want to do their due diligence in assessing the option.

FWIW, Obviously Mills is the better long term investment, and to be fair on the kid they really should work it out quickly so if they do go for Fisher, Patty can sign with another team, before everyone fills their rosters back up off of waivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there you go, mark stein just tweeted

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
    Bulls focused on bigs like Turiaf. Clips taking pass. Spurs still hopeful of sealing Patty Mills deal. So it's MIA & OKC on Fish front 4 now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full article here:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/77...er-sources-say

extract here

With the Chicago Bulls needing another big man more than another guard and the San Antonio Spurs still hopeful that they can complete the signing of guard Patrick Mills by week's end, sources told ESPN.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It boggles my mind that we would go after Fisher. He's clearly done. He's slow, doesn't play defense, doesn't shoot the 3 well, and can't set up his teammates. We don't need him and Patty Mills is a good pickup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it ironic that Spurs need bigs more than anyone else and they spend their time focused on guards and wings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't it ironic that Spurs need bigs more than anyone else and they spend their time focused on guards and wings?
    we need a pack up point as much as we need another big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a pack up point as much as we need another big.
    Back-up point is definitely a pretty big need, but I think a bigman is more so. Any PG we pick up likely won't see true minutes in the playoffs and will be an emergency back-up in case Gary Neal crashes and burns. Otherwise, he'll just eat up a few minutes in the remaining regular season games and maybe position himself for a bigger role next season (ie, Patty Mills).

Another bigman addition could very well push Blair out of the rotation completely and eat up big minutes not only in the regular season but also the playoffs.

Cocaine's a helluva drug timtonymanurich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much prefer Mills to Fisher.

Fisher is a devil spawn sent to the Spurs his entire NBA playing career.
    Fisher can die in a fire and so can the entire Faker organization. He's the ONLY player I would personally have no problem punching repeatedly in the face and throat JUST because of the he's gotten away with and he being the GRAND ARCHITECT behind this season's lockout too.

DON'T come to S.A. Fisher. But if he DOES I hope POP gives him ZERO MINUTES JUST so Spurs Nation can rest assured that at least he's not on the opposing team waiting for the next fuggin' dagger to throw at the Spurs NEXT le banner. THAT'S the ONLY reason I'd pick him up. JUST to BENCH his sorry ASS.

Thread Information