Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It boggles my mind that we would go after Fisher. He's clearly done. He's slow, doesn't play defense, doesn't shoot the 3 well, and can't set up his teammates. We don't need him and Patty Mills is a good pickup.
    It is surprising that Fisher has generated such a buzz. He's still a very capable shooter, smart player and good leader, but he's still a virtual turnstile on the defensive end.

I have to admit that after the Utah situation a few years ago, where he mysteriously worked his way back to Fakerland, I'm very leery about him. His allegiances will always be with the Fakers - and rightfully so.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the Spurs keep getting mentioned as frontrunners for Fisher makes me think something else is going on. Spurs FO almost never lets their name get mentioned in rumors as blatantly as this. We also know the Spurs like to save money when they can. All that I can think of is they're using Fisher as a way enhance their negotiating with Mills. If Mills is already in SA, I would assume this has to be some sort of negotiating business going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Close

San Antonio still waiting on government work visa to sign Patty Mills, sources tell Y! Sports. Spurs have no plans to talk to Derek Fisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Close

San Antonio still waiting on government work visa to sign Patty Mills, sources tell Y! Sports. Spurs have no plans to talk to Derek Fisher.
    Best news of the day. Bring in Mills and forget about Fisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is the , Portland ed him around long enough.
    Last edited by Beaverfuzz; 03-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now a Diaw buyout and we are set!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now a Diaw buyout and we are set!
    Yea... Still got a bad feeling we aren't doing anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back-up point is definitely a pretty big need, but I think a bigman is more so. Any PG we pick up likely won't see true minutes in the playoffs and will be an emergency back-up in case Gary Neal crashes and burns. Otherwise, he'll just eat up a few minutes in the remaining regular season games and maybe position himself for a bigger role next season (ie, Patty Mills).

Another bigman addition could very well push Blair out of the rotation completely and eat up big minutes not only in the regular season but also the playoffs.
    Bigman will help more. It has the ability to improve the team's overall defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I like the fact that we need a younger roster, but if we are going to go after a guard, Fisher is the guard we need. Once again, the FO trying to stretch the almighty dollar instead of spending money of what we really need, which is a big man. If we sign this guy, I hope he is a quick learner; because at this point of the season, we don't need a guard that can shoot three's and not tell the rest of the team where to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want the old smelly fish but bring in the aussie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap. PATTY MILLS, clap clap clap clap clap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills already has a future endorsement with Whataburger:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Close

Doesnt it seem like Yahoo sports does a better job of breaking basketball-related stories than ESPN?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt it seem like Yahoo sports does a better job of breaking basketball-related stories than ESPN?
    ESPN is always late. I stay on twitter. Yahoo always reports things quicker. Quite funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Derek Fisher front, sources close to him expect him to sign w/ OKC if he clears waivers,but we shall see. Thunder need depth & leadership

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Derek Fisher front, sources close to him expect him to sign w/ OKC if he clears waivers,but we shall see. Thunder need depth & leadership

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick
    I love this news.

The Thunder are shooting themselves in the foot imo. Durant's all the leadership they need. Fisher only makes them more vulnerable on the defensive side of the ball. Again, not that I'm complaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=175694&spln=1

Patty Mills' signing held up by government paperwork

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this news.

The Thunder are shooting themselves in the foot imo. Durant's all the leadership they need. Fisher only makes them more vulnerable on the defensive side of the ball. Again, not that I'm complaining.
    uhh no, great signing for OKC. Fish gives them a veteran floor leader which they dont have. They have all the quickness they need in Westbrook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhh no, great signing for OKC. Fish gives them a veteran floor leader which they dont have. They have all the quickness they need in Westbrook
    I'll be more than happy to see our 2nd unit work against that veteran leadership in the WCF. I'm sure Patty Mills and Gary Neal will too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be more than happy to see our 2nd unit work against that veteran leadership in the WCF. I'm sure Patty Mills and Gary Neal will too.
    gotta get there first, but ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great signing for OKC if they get Fisher. I don't like that news at all. Hopefully no games get close enough for him to hit a game-winner. Dude is clutch as .

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj has the lead on any other basketball writer on the planet, regardless of story or team. It's actually quite frightening.

Re: Fisher and OKC, I'll say this again: the Lakers decided which was their worst match-ups, and actually they must have come up with OKC as they sent Fisher there as an undercover agent. He will be clutch in shooting a wide open 3 against his own team at the end of Game 7 of OKC-LAL series in the playoffs

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher will probably bring sanity and maturity to that overly young team. And he might temper Westbrook's ridiculous 4th quarter decision making. In fact, I'm surprised it's taken this long for OKC to bring in some veteran leadership.

Thread Information