Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I want to know more about the Greg Oden situation. Did he take less money with the promise that he would get paid his 8 million qualifying offer next year? Is this legal? What exactly happened?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, but the thread le is somewhat misleading. Stein stated that he has sources that say that the Spurs "have not yet ruled out" pursuing Fisher - not that they are after him. The Spurs front office would not be doing their due diligence if they were to come out and say "No, we will not look at Fisher as depth at PG considering that Portland is holding up things with Mills".

It appears now though that OKC has entered the fray and are considering pursuing him as well. I wonder if they have good hospitals in OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we're dealing with the Blazers' irrational hate/jealousy of the Spurs so anything is possible.
    Maybe they know Batum is walking toward the river?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, but the thread le is somewhat misleading. Stein stated that he has sources that say that the Spurs "have not yet ruled out" pursuing Fisher - not that they are after him. The Spurs front office would not be doing their due diligence if they were to come out and say "No, we will not look at Fisher as depth at PG considering that Portland is holding up things with Mills".

It appears now though that OKC has entered the fray and are considering pursuing him as well. I wonder if they have good hospitals in OKC.
    My thoughts exactly. He's not coming here. It'll probably be OKC or Chicago

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the Blazers are not yet tired of the basketball gods throwing lightning bolts at them. You'd think they would have figured it out after Dariusgate. I feel bad for true Blazer fans that have to put up with such a ty franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it true that Fisher has said that he only wants to go to Miami or Chicago? If he's even been talking that stuff, screw him. No point in pursuing him, and I wouldn't want him if he didn't get signed by one of his preferred teams.

As for Mills - Houston wanted him pretty badly. I don't know who else might have, but the Spurs jumped in to get him locked up. Sounds like they jumped the gun, but I don't blame them for wanting to get first shot. Sounde like, Portland being Portland, saw two teams jump for him immediately, and decided they should be able to squeeze some pennies out of a deal. Don't be surprised to see them keep him until next year, even if they don't want him on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt Fisher would ever want to come to the Spurs. That's just a personal opinion. I did read this morning that OKC is also after him. That is a move that makes perfect sense on OKC's part.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher would be awesome on OKC. He could save Westbrook's chucking ass like he used to with the rapist.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Fisher to OKC is the best fit with the highest upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher would be awesome on OKC. He could save Westbrook's chucking ass like he used to with the rapist.
    That fit is so scary good that the Spurs might have to go after Fisher no matter what, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher is garbage on defense and offense, do not want.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher is garbage on defense and offense, do not want.
    I'd much rather have Fisher as the late 3 point option than Bonner tbh.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher may be a good fit in OKC, but I really don't believe the Thunder can beat the Spurs in a 7-game series with or without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Fisher as our 3rd big than Bonner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    say what you want about fisher but he won't be turning the ball over in crucial situations during the playoffs. say it's tied 2-2 in the playoffs, the score is close at the beginning of the fourth quarter, parker needs some rest and the lakers are mounting a comeback and finally playing a punishing brand of defense (which they are capable of). i would rather have fisher out there handling the ball (mills is 23, hasn't played on the spurs, hasn't played in the NBA this season) than gary neal.

fisher also provides a calming presence out there so the the younger players won't be so scared.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's ing Patty Mills. who gives a .

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking Fisher has anything left.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming that Derek Fisher would push the Spurs over the top and help them win a le, 49 percent of me would rather lose without him than win with him, because of the sour taste of .04, while the other 51 percent of me would love to see Tim win #5 to match Kobe.

But, I seriously doubt that Fisher is the "missing piece of the championship puzzle" for the Spurs or anyone else, so I emphatically say NO THANKS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    say what you want about fisher but he won't be turning the ball over in crucial situations during the playoffs. say it's tied 2-2 in the playoffs, the score is close at the beginning of the fourth quarter, parker needs some rest and the lakers are mounting a comeback and finally playing a punishing brand of defense (which they are capable of). i would rather have fisher out there handling the ball (mills is 23, hasn't played on the spurs, hasn't played in the NBA this season) than gary neal.

fisher also provides a calming presence out there so the the younger players won't be so scared.
    And here I would have thought future HOF candidate Tim Duncan would be the ultimate calming presence in the history of the nba. Boy was I wrong!

I agree, the team needs to get Fish, only he can settle the troops. It's true that Khawi just looks so scared all the time. Here is a picture that proves it too:

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is not amused.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And here I would have thought future HOF candidate Tim Duncan would be the ultimate calming presence in the history of the nba. Boy was I wrong!

I agree, the team needs to get Fish, only he can settle the troops. It's true that Khawi just looks so scared all the time. Here is a picture that proves it too:

people thought mason would thrive under playoff pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher may be a good fit in OKC, but I really don't believe the Thunder can beat the Spurs in a 7-game series with or without him.
    Just curious...What about this season has led you to believe we can't beat them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Seriously. The Spurs are the one team OKC does not want to see in the WC playoffs.

Thread Information