Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/77...yout-agreement

The Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat are two teams said to be strongly interested in Fisher, while sources told Stein that the San Antonio Spurs have not yet ruled out pursuing Fisher because their planned signing of former Portland Trail Blazers guard Patty Mills has been held up by the fact that Portland has not yet renounced rights to Mills.

Please put this post in the appropriate thread if required.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well maybe the Blazers are the same old Blazers after all.

Fisher won't come to SA. He will go to Miami.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm not worried.... as. Long as another contender has interest in him, the Spurs have 0% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I guess timvp was right after all.

What say you, TD 21?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously though, even Mills was celebrating signing with the Spurs. And it was announced everywhere that the Blazers released him. How did they manage to fool everyone?

I'm guessing the Blazers want compensation for letting Mills go. If you're the Spurs, do you give them anything? Tbh, I wouldn't. This is a low move even for the Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Patty Mills has been tweeting and re-tweeting stuff about him joining the Spurs.. Could this just be a formal matter until this is done or are Portland ing around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously though, even Mills was celebrating signing with the Spurs. And it was announced everywhere that the Blazers released him. How did they manage to fool everyone?

I'm guessing the Blazers want compensation for letting Mills go. If you're the Spurs, do you give them anything? Tbh, I wouldn't. This is a low move even for the Blazers.
    Paul Allen's gang has still not learnt from the Darius Miles fiasco. Effing penny pinchers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a pretty srewed up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah Portland... I hope it's not them interfering at the last hour again. It seems like the more they focus on trying to win small, insignificant battles with the Spurs, the further they get away from building a legit contender.

I honestly think that franchise is going to end up alienating Aldridge in the future, and otherwise have a hard time retaining talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is Patty Mills?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sh!t happens . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland FO has screwed around with us before, but Forever is a long time and a chance for payback comes around occasionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher will change his mind 0.4 seconds before RC's pen reaches the contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland FO has screwed around with us before, but Forever is a long time and a chance for payback comes around occasionally.
    maybe we should sign brandon roy, so his contract goes back onto their books

even greg oden took a paycut after dropping his initial qualifing offer of 8m to 1,5m then gets waived lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand how the Blazers have seemingly been able to screw the Spurs again. Their hometown paper makes it pretty clear that Portland renounced Mills.

The Portland Trail Blazers have renounced their rights to Patty Mills, clearing the way for him to sign with another NBA team.

Already, reports are surfacing that Mills will sign a deal with San Antonio.

Mills was a restricted free agent with the Blazers. He played overseas during the NBA lockout, first in his native Australia, then with the Xinjiang Flying Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association.

Because his Chinese contract forbade him from signing with another team before that league's season ended, Mills was not able to re-enter the NBA immediately after leaving the Flying Tigers in January. Mills did not receive a release from FIBA -- the worldwide governing body of basketball -- until after March 1, the deadline for which restricted free agents could sign offer sheets this season.

That left Mills at the Blazers' mercy. The only way he could join another NBA team this season was for Portland to renounce its rights to him, which it did Saturday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...tty_mills.html
    So if the Blazers somehow manage to undo their renouncement, Mills will be stuck in no-man's land the rest of the season and will be a restricted free agent in the offseason. At that point, no way Portland let's the Spurs sign him.

I'm guessing what happened is the Blazers told Mills and his agent that they'd renounce him and let him sign with a team. However, once the Blazers heard he was going to the Spurs -- the team the Blazers hate for unknown reasons -- they're trying to stop the process.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Blazers have been successful in reversing their decision. If that's the case, Mills is screwed and the Spurs are left scrambling.

F the Blazers again, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland did what they always do.

They find out if the Spurs (4 les) like a player.

Then they decide if they should llike him, too.

The Spurs only revenge?

When they acted liked they positively loved Greg Oden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Good point. Legend has it the Spurs supposedly floated the idea of trading Tim Duncan for Greg Oden. Niiiiiiiiiiice going there, PDX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have known something was up when the Blazers let Ime Udoka walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, it's just a little delay due to the week end and Blazers will renounce to Mills today. That is what I expect. Unless Blazers want to re-sign Mills, they have nothing to gain at keeping Mills right. It will only hurt their reputation among agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So if the Blazers somehow manage to undo their renouncement, Mills will be stuck in no-man's land the rest of the season and will be a restricted free agent in the offseason. At that point, no way Portland let's the Spurs sign him.

I'm guessing what happened is the Blazers told Mills and his agent that they'd renounce him and let him sign with a team. However, once the Blazers heard he was going to the Spurs -- the team the Blazers hate for unknown reasons -- they're trying to stop the process.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Blazers have been successful in reversing their decision. If that's the case, Mills is screwed and the Spurs are left scrambling.

Thats amazingly unprofessional. I can understand if the Blazers did this to a team like the Grizzlies, who basically effed them by signing Darius Miles. But what is it that get their mickey when it comes to the Spurs, I have no idea or understanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CBA doesn't allow it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CBA doesn't allow it.
    Wouldn't be the first time the Blazers tried to work outside the CBA.

Logically, I want to believe this is simply a delay. But we're dealing with the Blazers' irrational hate/jealousy of the Spurs so anything is possible.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    How can the Blazers get away with this?

Why would the Spurs have an agreement in place without knowing the paperwork is done?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there ever been a potential reason pointed out to help explain the Blazers strange hatred of the Spurs when dealing with them and mancrush on them when scouting/drafting?

Thread Information