Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Post Count
    was on YT and one of the suggested vids on the sidebar to watch was Seagal training with Machida and his go to move must be "this is illegal but this is legal ". That is all he was emphasizing with Machida... He must think he is the guru of all the grey areas of striking that would be allowed, lol,

Oh and during that Ariel vid I posted where he said he taught Silva 3 or 4 new moves in the stand up, well he also mention he taught Silva how not to get taken down, so I guess his lessons were grease yourself up and hold the shorts...
    Seagal doesn't know .. Watch his movies and all he does is basically slap fight with stuntman.. Van Damme actually was a kickboxer and according to Stallone Seagal ed out of a fight with VD at a party once.. Silva lets him hang around for the extra attention i guess..

Post Count
    Of course if you wanna see horrible acting and ty fight scenes

Here we go... Show us the way Steven..

Last edited by dbreiden83080; 07-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.

I didn't miss anything at all.. Chael looked to control an arm, Chael worked him towards the cage, he did land some hard right hands from close in the guard and overall was looking to win round 1 while laying the groundwork for RD 2 and beyond. Chael was tired in round 5 at UFC 117 he probably wanted to save some gas for the later rounds when in round 1 at UFC 117 he tried hard to hurt Silva...
    Not quite. He was afraid of getting caught and he fought like it, overly cautious and just plain timid. That isn't his game and if that was him "laying the ground work" then that certainly explains the results.

If Silva had not grabbed the trunks for dear life to avoid another 5 min on the bottom from Sonnen who knows??
    I guess if Chael hadn't grabbed Silva's trunks we might have gotten to find out. As it is he did and Andy did and we all saw who once again walked away the victor.

And all that said, Sonnen did fight stupid and over-react to Silva's TDD.. 50% of the blame lies with him.. I'll give 5% to Silva's cheating, 5% to Lavine's reffing and 40% to Silva being just that good..
    Sonnen fought at his absolute best in the first fight. I think he was well aware that he wasn't going to be able to duplicate that kind of performance in the second fight and so it fell upon him to take some risks if he was going to get the w. The simple fact is the room for error with Silva is extremely small and we say that again on Saturday night.

And you would be wrong. His levels were well outside of what the commission allows. Nice try though.
    http://www.cagepotato.com/report-son...med-csac-knew/
    "According to the story, Sonnen has been undergoing hormone replacement therapy since before his fight with Yushin Okami, which he reported to and was given clearance to fight by the California State Athletic Commission prior to the the bout. Because it is a permanent treatment Sonnen allegedly assumed his doctor prescribed required testosterone treatment would be on file, and thus never re-reported it to the commission."
    http://www.fighters.com/12/02/chael-...?submit_foot=f
    "Sonnen appeared before the commission earlier today, presented his case, and stated that the elevated levels in testosterone were present not by any PED’s specifically, but by injections taken due to the discretion of his Doctor. A testosterone producing deficiency called Hypogonadism was the cause of concern from Chael’s Doctor in Oregon, whom also appeared before the commission today as a witness. Sonnen, 33, was been diagnosed with the disorder since 2008, and has reportedly been taking injections of testosterone since."

Glad I could educate you. And to think, there's people like you who are actually ignorant enough to believe he cheated

Glad I could educate you. And to think, there's people like you who are actually ignorant enough to believe he cheated
    Weak. Here try the real thing and maybe you will be able to learn something.

https://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/about_us...202_agenda.pdf

"Urine specimen number CSAC 2487996 = UCLA RKL09 had a T/E ratio of 16.9 +/- 17% (k=2). The threshold T/E ratio is 4.0."

And since it is clear I need to hold your hand and walk you through it.

http://www.watchkalibrun.com/2010/12...sonnen-steroid

"The above do ent states that Chael Sonnen's T/E ratio was 16.9:1. That is the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone in the body. Epi is essentially the "yin" to testosterone's "yang". In the average male, the T/E ratio is 1:1 as both are equally produced. Testing bodies allow for a variance of up to a 4:1 ratio due to a variety of natural factors causing elevated testosterone levels. This means that Chael Sonnen was 17 times the normal male level and 4 times the allowed maximum for an athlete. Just to put this in relevance, when Manny Ramirez failed his drug test, his T:E level was below 10."

And to add.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/10...-in-mma-part-2

"What about a case like Chael Sonnen's, where he has stated that hypogonadism is the root of his need for a TUE?

Dr. Benjamin: Was Chael Sonnen a big time collegiate wrestler? Yes he was. I'm going to opine and say to you, there's no way in the world you get to the level of collegiate wrestling that Chael Sonnen was at, with hypogonadism. Let me explain to you why. Hypogonadism means that the testes did not produce enough testosterone for one to normally mature. He wasn't on TRT as a teenager. He became this big, muscled up monster and NCAA wrestler with hypogonadism? no.

The truth of the matter is, you could never get to that level, because you're not going to have the muscle mass and strength to get you there. They're going to run you over. Your body will not allow you to develop enough muscle and strength to compete at your size. If he has hypogonadism, it's from one thing, and one thing only, because he treated himself with steroids in the past, and wrecked his testes. That's it."

You know what would be hilarious, if Chael decided to go back to how he acted 4-5 years ago when he didn't trash talk at all, get some wins and if a rematch happens, don't say a word, lol (I know it would be bad from a fight selling perspective, but just to see how fans react to it).
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-11-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Yeah even if you're on trt legitimately, you can't use it to have like 17x the testerone levels of your compe ors. Thats bull , the trt is supposed to bring your hormones back to normal levels. Cael's were nowhere near normal levels.

Post Count

You know what would be hilarious, if Chael decided to go back to how he acted 4-5 years ago when he didn't trash talk at all, get some wins and if a rematch happens, don't say a word, lol (I know it would be bad from a fight selling perspective, but just to see how fans react to it).
    Chael is not going to retire i don't know why his stupid coach did an interview and made such a speculation especially when that coach was not in his corner and only is talking about his interpretation of a text message..

starting at 1:45 mark, lol

Sonnen to decide on retirement after 30 days' rest

ESPN staff
    July 11, 2012

Chael Sonnen has revealed he will give himself 30 days before deciding whether he will continue to fight in the UFC.
    Sonnen was beaten for a second time by middleweight champion Anderson Silva on Saturday, effectively ending his hopes of ruling the 185lb terrain while Silva remains the champion. The American has always said he would only fight if he was working towards a world le, which will not be the case for the immediate future.
    In the aftermath to the fight Sonnen's coach Neil Melanson stated his belief that the southpaw may call time on his fighting career, but Sonnen insists he will not make any knee-jerk reactions.
    "I don't think any athlete should begin to talk like that or think about that until you let about 30 days go by," Sonnen said on Fuel TV. "In anything in life, you don't want to make a decision based on emotion.
    "You have highs and very big lows in this sport. You don't want to make any drastic decisions.
    "I think that it's also an insult to the fans when guys like to come out and say, 'I'm retired!' When what they really mean is, 'I'll see everybody in 18 months, because I'm coming back.' I don't want to do that. But when I get to that point in my career, I'll make a statement, and I'll never look back."
    Asked if his box-office personality, which often sees him play the 'heel', is geared towards a future in the WWE, Sonnen insists he has no interest in forging a career for himself in pro-wrestling.
    "I tried to go to the WWE. It's in Vegas, on the 16th of this month, but I was leaving Vegas. I'd love to go to WWE. I'd love to get my popcorn. I'd cheer on CM Punk, but I go back to my promoter, Dana White, at the end of the night."
    Sonnen also attempted to explain why he chose to throw a spinning back fist at the best striker in world MMA. It was something he struggled to justify."I really wish that I knew and I don't know," Sonnen said. "Listen, in fairness, had that landed, we'd all be talking about what a wonderful spinning punch it was. It didn't, I fell down like a doofus, and I've got to live with it."

Post Count
    Sonnen will be smashing Belfort by January...

“I know. We’re regulated by the Government. We’re really the only sport that’s regulated by the Government and the Government allows these guys to do this TRT and basically over the next 10 years sports science keeps getting better and better and better and the way that TRT works is as we get older your testosterone level drops and this is to replace it. The problem with it is is you got guys that are going, ‘well, if this much is good, this much must be great.’

That’s the problem and you will find guys that will cheat even with the stuff that’s legal. So, that’s what we’re trying to… but you make a good point and Anderson Silva said it at the press conference the other day. Anderson Silva, the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, has broke every record in the UFC and is the greatest fighter ever in Mixed Martial Arts. He’s 38 years old, people don’t realize that.

He’s not 28, he’s 38, and he’s not doing Testosterone Replacement Therapy. This guy comes in 100% natural and he beats everybody. And something should be said for that. I don’t disagree, you know, the guys who are using Testosterone Replacement Therapy [versus] a guy who isn’t and this guy is still the greatest in the world. So, to me, the bottom line is you don’t need that junk. If you don’t abuse stuff younger in your career, you’ll never need to use that junk.

-Dana White

I was excited for this fight, and it did not let me down. The first round was a little slow, and there were times I thought it should have been stood up, but Sonnen actually started working towards the end of the round and got full mount. The second round was very exciting. People keep wondering why Sonnen went for that spinning elbow, and I think it is because Anderson clipped him a few times and knocked some screws loose. Silva was clearly taking that round and had already done some damage on the feet. He did grab the shorts once (as did Chael), but he also showed some legit take down defense.

I could see a big difference between Silva in the first and second fights. He came out a little to aggressive, and Sonnen planted him on his ass for it. Silva had much better control on the ground in round 1, controlling Sonnen's posture and keeping him locked up. Sonnen seemed to be going for more submissions this time around, but ground and pound opportunities were just not there either. He managed to get position, but did little with it. Silva showed much better take down defense in the second round, and made Chael pay standing. It didn't take long for it to become clear that Sonnen was in deep trouble if he couldn't get the fight to the ground. He couldn't, and Silva finished him.

Sonnen is not the fighter to dethrone Anderson. He was not going to replicate the same type of success he had in the first fight against a healthy Anderson Silva as the second round proved. Expecting to grind out a five round decision is a dangerous proposition. Every round starts standing, and Silva can finish anyone on the feet. It is going to take a terrific wrestler with the ability to finish to best Silva. The perfect candidate to beat the Spider is Jon Jones. They probably won't be fighting anytime soon though.

Chael on UFC Tonight:

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

Chael says he won't appeal the loss, but he does admit that he believes the knee hit him in the face. He thought the ref would stop it.

Chael says he's appreciative of Anderson for giving him a second chance. No hard feelings, he says. ‪#ufctonight

Chael: there's a major opportunity for a fresh start by simply switching weight classes. That's something to look at, as well. ‪

Chael says "give me a couple of weeks" before deciding whether he will move up to 205 pounds. He is considering it, though. ‪

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    205? What the does he hope to accomplish there?! He needs to go the route of Chad Mendes, and up two or three "top guys" in the division, and have one last crack at Silva. Who is there at middle weight that even has a snow balls chance at beating Silva, or Cheal for that matter?

I already hate him, but if Sonnen moves weight classes it will be a ing travesty. Might as well get "FAILURE" branded into his forehead, as he will become the next Kenny Florian.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    IMO Belcher has a chance against Silva

And btw Chael is Chael, he is not Mendes or Florian.
    It would not be funny if he 'quit' after saying he will retire Anderson.

Sonnen is about 215, it would be tough for him to fight at 205, but who knows.

He needs a fight like versus a match teacher now

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Haha, forever Silver.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Thread Information