Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Dana White ‏@danawhite

Just did media conference call. Anderson said "I'm gonna break his face & knock all his teeth out & beat him like his parents should have"

Dana White ‏@danawhite

7 years in the UFC and I've never heard Anderson talk like this before!!!

UFC ‏@ufc

Anderson: "What I'm gonna do inside the Octagon is going to change the image of the sport," says Chael won't be able to walk out

UFC ‏@ufc

Chael responds, criticizes Anderson's style: "I treated him like an amateur the first time, he's gonna look like an amateur this time."

Post Count
    Wow

Look at Anderson Silva. He probably wants to use his legs more.
    Let's if Chael can do anything about it.

I'm gonna watch the first fight again. The 4th round was dangerous for Chael. Damn so much adrenaline

btw. I just received Sonnens book - looks good

Post Count
    is there not a primetime show for this fight?

Post Count
    same as ^^^

is there not a primetime show for this fight?
    'Countdown to UFC 148' debuts July 3 on FUEL TV

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29221/coun...on-fuel-tv.mma

Post Count

Post Count

Post Count
    I am picking Chael to win this fight because i am a big fan and hate Silva HOWEVER Silva probably wins the damn fight.. Bottom line Sonnen has to win a decision he is not going to be able to take Silva out.. Just like the first fight, Sonnen can dominate this for 22, 23, 24 min but all Silva needs is an opening with a sub or strikes.. Gonna be tough but

Go Chael!!!!

I'm still sticking with my original prediction, Sonnen by arm triangle.

Post Count
    I'm still sticking with my original prediction, Sonnen by arm triangle.
    He'll have to choke him out.. I can't see Silva tapping out to Chael.. Too much pride.

BTW Dana said he expects over 1 mil buys and UFC 100 type buys.. Not likely.. UFC has been in a slump lately with the PPV and the card lost the Faber/Cruz Fight..

Post Count
    He'll have to choke him out.. I can't see Silva tapping out to Chael.. Too much pride.

BTW Dana said he expects over 1 mil buys and UFC 100 type buys.. Not likely.. UFC has been in a slump lately with the PPV and the card lost the Faber/Cruz Fight..
    This card was awesomely awesome, but other then main fight there is not much hype you can bring.
    3rd fight is Cung Le vs Cote ??/ wtf? I mean come on.

Btw. My girlfriend wants to watch this fight /Sonnen/ with me

Post Count
    I think the card is going to do around 800 thousand buys.. I think the fans of the UFC are burnt out with too many cards.. UFC now needs to stack the main event and co main event to expect another 1 mil buy event.. Next shot at 1 mil would be GSP/Condit IF the card is stacked as well... Not stacked then no more 1 mil buyrates...

Post Count
    And BTW Silva is clearly worried about this fight with all this talk that is not his style.. He made Chael wait for this fight, then he demanded it be in Brazil, he used injuries as excuses etc..

Sonnen is very much in his head..

Post Count

Post Count

Post Count
    MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight le)
    My gut tells me that Silva will survive and find a way to win this fight but my heart is with Sonnen big time in this fight.. I hate Silva.. I am sick of his clownish bull in the cage, his ego, his asshole manager, his unbeaten streak in the UFC, i just want the guy to go the away already.. Sonnen must use the same game-plan that left him 2 min away from victory at UFC 117. Chael must get in Silva's chest and force the pace, put him down and go to work. High in the guard, head up especially when passing, he got too low and was triangled last time. 25 minutes of war.. Go get em Chael....

Forrest Griffin
    vs. o Ortiz

Let me be clear i Love o, he got me back into MMA in 2005 but i know he is done.. This is one last pay-day for him in a once great career that is now all about age and injuries. o asked for this fight because it will be his last and he knows it will be exciting. o is just nowhere near the fighter he used to be. Forrest will get Taken down but eventully get the striking going and win a UD.. Have a nice retirement o...

Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le

I think Cote will be more motivated since it's a UFC return fight for him.. Tough pick though...

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

Maia has looked horrible of late...

Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

If Cody wins by another guillotine choke i will hard...

Post Count

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight le)

- For someone that has always bad mouthed BJJ, I've seen a couple of reports from various coaches and media sites that he has been training a lot to improve in that area. And ever since his victory against Stann via arm triangle, I predicted that his how he would beat Silva and I'm sticking with it. If he can get top position through his wrestling like the last fight, he will have the opportunity to do just that (something he didn't look for in the 1st fight).

Forrest Griffin vs. o Ortiz

Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le

- Le was looking good against Wandi until he got caught.

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

- None of these guys have ever impressed me, Maia by submission.

Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

- Was surprised when I first heard about this fight (Cody wasn't a injury replacement), UFC most have confidence in Cody to put him up against Mendes. Mendes should win this easily with his wrestling but if it turns into a grappling match, the "McKenzietine" could make an appearance.

Post Count

Post Count
    I dammnit rewatched the first fight and I cannot imagine how Sonnen can take 2nd fight ..

It was so close for sonnen to go away in the 4th ...

Anyway I will give my insight on the fight later on

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    My pics:

Silva
    Griffin
    Lee
    Maia
    McKenzie

5 for 5, es.

Thread Information