Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Post Count
    At 37 i am hoping age finally catches up to Silva some..

Post Count
    I dammnit rewatched the first fight and I cannot imagine how Sonnen can take 2nd fight ..

It was so close for sonnen to go away in the 4th ...

Anyway I will give my insight on the fight later on
    Sonnen has an amazing chin i am not worried about him eating some of Silva's heavy shots the sub is what has me worried again..

Post Count
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...metime-teaser/

If Sonnen can pull this off it will be one of the biggest stories ever in MMA.. Silva is regarded as the best MMA fighter of all time and Sonnen is his biggest and most hated rival.. Dethroning him would be HUGE!!!

BlackHouse twitter just posted this:

Last edited by ace3g; 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count

Post Count
    Last edited by polandprzem; 06-29-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Post Count
    The dislike that top UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen feels toward leholder Anderson Silva did not begin during the months leading to their first battle in August 2010.

It started much earlier.

Sonnen told ESPN.com this week the reason for his hostility toward Silva, and surprisingly, another high-profile Brazilian fighter.

“Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva, who have had me p---ed off for years, have gone around and tried to bully people,” Sonnen said. “That stuff doesn’t work with me.

“The buck stops here.”

Sonnen faces Silva in a 185-pound le rematch July 7 at UFC 148 in Las Vegas. In their first meeting, Sonnen dominated the action for four-plus rounds before getting caught in a triangle armbar at 3:10 of the fifth and tapping out.

Losing that le opportunity would seem to be more than enough reason to increase Sonnen’s dislike for Silva. But it was Silva’s action leading into his next le defense that took Sonnen’s anger to greater heights. Silva directed verbal insults at onetime training partner Vitor Belfort in the weeks before their Feb. 5, 2011, bout.

The biggest insult, however, occurred during their weigh-in, when Silva donned a white mask in an attempt to intimidate Belfort. Silva removed the mask during the fighter staredown.

“He wears a mask,” Belfort said at the time. “He’s a good man, but in the fight he tries to impress people and make fighters afraid of him.”

Silva would successfully defend his belt at UFC 126 with a first-round knockout of Belfort. He used a front kick on the chin to drop Belfort then finished the fight with several punches.

“I’m not Vitor Belfort,” Sonnen said. “You’re not going to stick a mask on and talk down to me and have me wilt.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/mma/p...r-toward-silva

thank you directv YT page:

Post Count
    thank you directv YT page:

"I don't need anything, but i need that championship belt, I need it, i have to have it, this will all be a failure if i don't win that belt on July 7th"..

War Chael!!!

This is such a huge fight..

Post Count
    I watched it twice already and I want to beat Anderson as much as Sonnen!

In fact I am American this week, Sonnens week. I AM SONNEN THIS WEEK !!!

I'm so into this fight that I'm obsessed with it!

Post Count

Post Count
    Neil Melanson Sonnen's head trainer said something interesting and it's the mentality Sonnen needs to bring to the fight.

"The hype around Anderson right now is probably more scary than the person himself". He is just a man, a man Sonnen was 2 min away from beating..

Just go get him Chael..

Neil Melanson Sonnen's head trainer said something interesting and it's the mentality Sonnen needs to bring to the fight.

"The hype around Anderson right now is probably more scary than the person himself". He is just a man, a man Sonnen was 2 min away from beating..

Just go get him Chael..
    this

it's as if people think Silva's like Achilles getting pissed off. Worst scenario is Sonnen gets knocked out, big deal that's just part of the sport. Anderson won't have the time and space to toy with Chael like he's done to others. He's gonna have to go for broke with his strikes or Chael will have him on his back. Unfortunately this is why I don't think Sonnen will be able to do what he did again. Silva knows he's gonna have to be aggressive. He knows he can't sit back and snipe

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    this

it's as if people think Silva's like Achilles getting pissed off. Worst scenario is Sonnen gets knocked out, big deal that's just part of the sport. Anderson won't have the time and space to toy with Chael like he's done to others. He's gonna have to go for broke with his strikes or Chael will have him on his back. Unfortunately this is why I don't think Sonnen will be able to do what he did again. Silva knows he's gonna have to be aggressive. He knows he can't sit back and snipe
    This.

If this goes past round 3, I'll be shocked. Also, be prepared for Anderson to get him into a triangle or other sub, but then let it go so he can continue to clown and destroy Chael.

Watch the UFC 148 pre-fight press conference with Dana White, Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen live Tuesday, July 3 at 2 pm ET/11 am PT
    oh and UFC has the first fight in full on their site:

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-117-silva-sonnen-148
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-01-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Post Count
    This time Silva will be prepared for Sonnen and he knows how Sonnen attacks.

Get ready to see Silva side stance or lower position with hips back /like Overeem vs Lesnar/.
    And he now will engage early.

As I was watching the 1st fight, Silva was so close to winning with his strikes it gives me shivers. Especially that 4th round ...

So it's hard to imagine Sonnen having the same success as he had previously with better Silva who probably trained a lot with Munoz.

The fact is Chael has to do something standing up like he did last time. He can't just go forward and take Anderson down. Anderson is too good for that.

Anderson will be 100%, he will be pissed off as , he knows exactly what to expect from Sonnen /straight forward, to catch opponent with a knee .../, prepared as never before, motivated to destroy Chael Sonnen.
    But again - Sonnen says he will beat Anderson this time and it will be not even close. Not many people believes him. However I assume there was even less believing him last time when he said: This is not gonna be a war ... this is gonna be one sided pounding and I'm swinging the hammer!

Last edited by ace3g; 07-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.

what's Walter White doing next to Chael?

what's Walter White doing next to Chael?

Post Count

Thread Information