My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...f-what-he-was/

“Every day,” Jackson said Saturday, “I wish I wouldn’t have ever left.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last night felt like he had never left us....fck the defense on dirk was fkn sick bro, sick!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was strange and yet pleasantly unusual to see a Spurs defender, not named Bowen, get up in the face and jock of Dirk, in the manner in which Jackson did. Despite the loss, watching that confrontation was the best part of the whole game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great seeing Kerr go off, but I always felt Jackson never got the credit he deserved for Game 6 versus Dallas.

Same thing in the Finals Game 6 versus NJ. With Duncan turning in one of the best performances in Finals history and it being David's last game, Jack's 4th quarter 3's took a backseat.

Welcome back Jack!
    Btw...2003 Spurs Championship DVD, the best of them all.

silverblk mystix
    Like I said a couple of days ago...can't wait to see him guarding Dirk...

Now...can't wait to see Jax guard Kobe....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great seeing Kerr go off, but I always felt Jackson never got the credit he deserved for Game 6 versus Dallas.

Same thing in the Finals Game 6 versus NJ. With Duncan turning in one of the best performances in Finals history and it being David's last game, Jack's 4th quarter 3's took a backseat.

Welcome back Jack!
    agreed although 05 was definitely close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welcome back Jack!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He won't fully return, because the Spurs don't need him for 35 minutes per game."

I'm not so sure about that. Jefferson has been putting in 28.5 minutes. He could damn sure fill all of those. He hasn't played all that much this season, so he ought to be fresh enough. I don't know, 35 minutes might be just about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 03 video with the 4th quarters is still great viewing and makes it the best.

The Dallas 4th quarter was worth the price alone

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    With just a few exceptions he fit right in for his first game. It was so damn good to see. The toughness and defense alone makes this a flawless trade. Once he finds his niche on offense look out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, if Jackson can give you that effort on defense every night, why the not could he play 28 mins a night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, if Jackson can give you that effort on defense every night, why the not could he play 28 mins a night?
    I'm not saying this to be snarky, but Pop has abandoned truly caring about which players defend; at least to the extent where it determines minutes. There's a reason RJ sopped up the most minutes on the team other than TP and why Blair starts and Bonner gets more PT on a consistent basis than Tiago.

There are other factors too, but Pop does not feel defense is a deciding factor anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we saw from Jackson last night was good, but I really liked what we didn't see, which is him trying to force himself into the offense. He didn't stick out like a sore thumb. How does that happen in game 1? RJ stuck out after almost 3 years, lax at times and overly assertive at rare other times after being told he played like a dog (a would be more accurate).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying this to be snarky, but Pop has abandoned truly caring about which players defend; at least to the extent where it determines minutes. There's a reason RJ sopped up the most minutes on the team other than TP and why Blair starts and Bonner gets more PT on a consistent basis than Tiago.

There are other factors too, but Pop does not feel defense is a deciding factor anymore.
    He's got enough players that can defend to pull people if they're not defending. If there's no repercussions for not defending players won't try harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have repeated in 2004 had he stayed. Our shooting went ice cold against the Lakers that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article by Buck.

Yeah, 2003 WCF Game 6 is remembered for Steve Kerr's shots but I've always said Stephen Jackson was the biggest reason why the Spurs won that game. Kerr didn't explode until after Jackson carried the team back into contention.

I don't agree with this line:

Having been away nine years, he returned to play for the same coach who ran the same plays for the same three stars.
    The 2003 team had Duncan as the superdupersuperstar. Parker, Ginobili, Jackson, Robinson, Bowen and Rose were just interchangeable parts behind Duncan. The Big 3 didn't emerge until the 2005 season, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have repeated in 2004 had he stayed.
    Not sure about that because SJax didn't do anything against the Lakers in 2003. Phil Jackson always made a point to cover SJax, so the choking of 2004 probably still happens.

But do the Spurs lose to the Mavs in 2006 with SJax? No way. SJax to cover Dirk and Bowen free to cover Terry or Harris or whoever else?

Damn

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    s-jack is just one player who can make instant impact and it's great to have such a player anytime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to add a fiery player like Jackson to a group of guys that sometimes need a kick in the ass. He wants to prove he can still play, and he wants to prove he's a winner. It also helps he's coming into a situation he's comfortable with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article by Buck.

Yeah, 2003 WCF Game 6 is remembered for Steve Kerr's shots but I've always said Stephen Jackson was the biggest reason why the Spurs won that game. Kerr didn't explode until after Jackson carried the team back into contention.

I don't agree with this line:

The 2003 team had Duncan as the superdupersuperstar. Parker, Ginobili, Jackson, Robinson, Bowen and Rose were just interchangeable parts behind Duncan. The Big 3 didn't emerge until the 2005 season, tbh.
    Agree 100%. Jackson got it all started with his three's. That was an awesome quarter and a half. I remember being so pissed off that Pop was being stubborn and not putting in Kerr. When he finally did, Kerr delivered and helped us run away from the Mavs.

And yeah, Tony was far from being part of the Big anything. He was more like the big " ? " and Manu was just a rookie. . We needed Speedy that year because Tony was playing like a knuckle head that season. In fact, he was sick for game 6 against the Mavs wasn't he ?
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 03-18-2012 at 05:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the big story line of the Finals was the impending sign and trade of Jason Kidd for Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that because SJax didn't do anything against the Lakers in 2003. Phil Jackson always made a point to cover SJax, so the choking of 2004 probably still happens.

But do the Spurs lose to the Mavs in 2006 with SJax? No way. SJax to cover Dirk and Bowen free to cover Terry or Harris or whoever else?

Damn
    SJax probably doesn't choke like Turkogulu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Plus the Spurs ran 4-down like 75% of the game back in '03. TD was that dominant.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn
    Spurs went 4-1 against the Lakers when Jack was a Spur. I'd have certainly liked to see his heart there when it looked like the Spurs didn't have any.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part for me was how angry Dirk was before he even got the ball against Jack the first time. Dirk gets really pissy if someone dares to touch him on defense. That first shoulder he threw into Jack for the charge was inevitable from the time Jack checked him.

Thread Information