Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Hypothetically...

If Zimmerman was following Treyvon thinking he was just going to keep his distance so he could pinpoint his location for the policeman he knew was coming...

If Treyvon thought the guy obviously following him was a mugger/crackhead/mexican gang banger

If Treyvon decides the best defense is a good offense and turns the corner out of Zimmermans sight and then stops and waits for Zimmerman to catch up and then sucker punches him and starts beating the out of him as he turns the corner...(grass stains on his BACK, bleeding from the front and back of his head consistent with physical evidence) and it was Zimmerman screaming for help...

It's a terrible tragic misunderstanding, but is it still murder...?
    You could say they both stood their ground.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Zimmerman was told not to follow him...probably for good reason.
    Zimmerman ignored this. Now it fairly smacks of premeditation.
    Please show me where he was instructed not to follow. That is one sore spot in the theory you guys operate on.

"We don't need you to do that" is not the same as "don't do that."

Keep spewing that lie, and be ignorant why people are listening to that. I don't care.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    If it turns out that Zimmerman really approached him, instigated the fight, and Treyvon was the one screaming for help and Zimmerman shot him anyway I would willingly not only supply the rope, but the tree to hang him.

Just give me some FACTS to justify that conclusion.
    No .

Looks like theses people want to return to England's form of justice before the revolution.

Don't these people understand the reality of why we have innocent till proven guilty?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Is there any dispute that the kid is dead? no. Is there any dispute that he died b/c he was shot? no. Is there any dispute that Zimmerman is the one who caused the kid's death by shooting him? no. Is there any dispute that Zimmerman shot the kid in self-defense? yes. Charge him with murder, and let Zimmerman put on his self-defense theory. See what a jury says. It's Florida, so he might get a Casey Anthony jury.
    The case won't even make it past a grand jury is there is no compelling evidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone being so defensive? Treyvon wasn't shot because he was black, but he was followed and confronted because he was a black kid in a non-black neighborhood, that is where his civil rights may have been violated. At the very least this is a winner in a civil case..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the wild west, you can't instigate a confrontation by following someone and creeping them out and then claim stand your ground as a defense

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Why is everyone being so defensive? Treyvon wasn't shot because he was black, but he was followed and confronted because he was a black kid in a non-black neighborhood, that is where his civil rights may have been violated. At the very least this is a winner in a civil case..
    No, he was an outsider. He wasn't a member of the community, but a visitor, and not known. According to Zimmerman, there have been numerous break ins in the community.

Has anyone checked how valid this is?

How do you know it's a white community? If so, why was his father there? Is his father white?

Please break down you thought process. What makes it a white community... also, when a minority like Zimmerman lives there.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    This isn't the wild west, you can't instigate a confrontation by following someone and creeping them out and then claim stand your ground as a defense
    I don't know.

Seems like to me, with this "Stand your Ground" law, we may see duals coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please break down you thought process. What makes it a white community... also, when a minority like Zimmerman lives there.
    Nobody said it was a white community, but it wasn't a majority black neighborhood...had Treyvon been white, visiting or not, it's very likely he would not have been confronted by Zimmerman..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Nobody said it was a white community, but it wasn't a majority black neighborhood...had Treyvon been white, visiting or not, it's very likely he would not have been confronted by Zimmerman..
    I think you are wrong. Did you read the reports of the calls Zimmerman made?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Zimmerman clearly initiated the contact.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes. Zimmerman clearly initiated the contact.
    I'm talking about his history of calls since 2004. There is nothing to indicate any of it was based on race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody hired Zimmerman to protect the community and by all indications I've seen, he wasn't even authorized to do so by the neighborhood community...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None-the-less, uninitiated, this guy was carrying a loaded weapon during a neighborhood watch program..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't take my word for any of this, but you can't ignore the authors of Florida's stand your ground self-defense law..

The authors of Florida's controversial "stand your ground" self-defense law say George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for shooting Trayvon Martin, reports the Miami Herald.

"He has no protection under my law," former Sen. Durell Peaden told the newspaper.

It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...rayvon-martin/

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I see...

The authors of the bill have first hand accurate knowledge of the events that day.

I guess they will be the star witnesses.

Or...

Is that just their opinion? Do we convict on opinions without all the facts now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see...

The authors of the bill have first hand accurate knowledge of the events that day.

I guess they will be the star witnesses.
    Are you going to be a star witness in the case? You seem to have everything figured out...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the stand your ground law applicable to shooting Mexicans at the border?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild Cobra with his twisted version of events, as per usual. Sad to see, really.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it that people's positions on non-political stories like this still seem to be divided on political ideology lines, in many cases?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it that people's positions on non-political stories like this still seem to be divided on political ideology lines, in many cases?
    Because there are several people in here that consistently attack the person and not the idea. I can always depend on Chump to attack me no matter what I post. If he doesn't actually take the opposite position he nibbles and argues the use of a single specific word or phrase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no evidence that had the boy been white, spanish, chinese the shooter would have backed away. No evidence. Wake up.
    I wonder if the shooter would have muttered the appropriate racial slurs in those instances as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is a good example. I point out that there are very few actual facts out there on what happened that last 60 seconds between Zimmerman and Treyvon and the usual suspects immediately go on the attack saying I am defending Zimmerman (with the underlying assumption I am a racist). Just the usual Spurstalk Political forum bull and gang mentality.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Because there are several people in here that consistently attack the person and not the idea. I can always depend on Chump to attack me no matter what I post. If he doesn't actually take the opposite position he nibbles and argues the use of a single specific word or phrase.
    He has a man crush on you. Creepy but harmless. God bless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being the POTUS anything Obama says is politicized.
    that's why he should a kept his mouth shut

Thread Information