Prior to NBA / Country:
    Xinjian Flying Tigers / Australia
    Years Pro: 2

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills confirmed for Boomers Farewell Series

The Farewell Series will commence with a double-header with the Jayco Australian Opals at Melbourne’s Hisense Arena on 24 June. The Boomers will also play Greece at the State Basketball Centre in Knox on 25 June and the Geelong Arena on 27 June.

http://t.co/7N7L2x3L

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta think the guy won't walk away from the money. He really didn't show much this year to garner that much interest. I expect him to pick up that option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as long as he is our third stringer. To his credit he is a shorter version of Neal so if we trade Neal at least we have someone we can bring in for a few minutes to give us instant offense. He could probably get by and even play some major minutes if someone gets hurt just NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see Mills get a shot at the primary backup PG spot. I've had enough of Gary Neal and Pop's continued attempts to shoehorn him into that spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see Mills get a shot at the primary backup PG spot. I've had enough of Gary Neal and Pop's continued attempts to shoehorn him into that spot.
    I would agree with your assessment of Neal. Hes talented, but probably needs to get back to playing PG. Plus, his defense often negates all the good he brings. I love him to death as a person, but I'm not sure he can be a core piece of this team if we want to be successful.

Mills should probably get a shot at the true backup spot. Hes streaky, but when hes on hes on fire. Ideally we pick up another PG of similar skill (and contract size) and have a compe ion for that backup job. I highly doubt Cory Joseph will be adequate for that compe ion either.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this. i wanted to see mills against okc.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This. Patty is easily the better ball handler, by like a mile or ten. I'm really tired of watching Neal attempt to go behind his back, and have to run back 5-6 feet to retrieve the ball. The damn ball comes loose and he isn't even being challenged by the defender. .

Gary needs to be a catch and shoot guy, or occasional pick and roll option. He should never dribble more than 4-5 times on any possession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other thing I forgot to mention, Pop's stubborn insistence of forcing Neal into the primary backup PG role seems to have affected the one skill that he brings to the table - his dead-eye shooting. Neal is an undersized SG and probably the best shooter on the team. He thrived in that role last season and needs to continue to be in such a role. Saddling him with the other responsibilities has proven to be a big mistake.
    Last edited by SenorSpur; 06-14-2012 at 12:13 PM.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I'd like to see Mills get a shot in camp.

The Neal experiment failed just like the RMJ one did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we can blame Pop on that. After losing Ford, we had no backup PG.

Basically everyone here was fine with Neal as our backup PG as long as Manu was coming off the bench to help him.
    In the series agains OKC, it became a huge problem because Green was playing like . Pop had to start Manu and then Neal was exposed as the main ball-handler of the 2nd unit.
    We really need a backup PG but I will be honest. I don't think Mills is answer. Plays too much out of control and doesn't involve his teammates enough. He is basically a guy to give us a scoring punch for 5/10 minutes at most. A 3rd string PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we can blame Pop on that. After losing Ford, we had no backup PG.

Basically everyone here was fine with Neal as our backup PG as long as Manu was coming off the bench to help him.
    In the series agains OKC, it became a huge problem because Green was playing like . Pop had to start Manu and then Neal was exposed as the main ball-handler of the 2nd unit.
    We really need a backup PG but I will be honest. I don't think Mills is answer. Plays too much out of control and doesn't involve his teammates enough. He is basically a guy to give us a scoring punch for 5/10 minutes at most. A 3rd string PG.
    I'm happy for Mills to get an offseason and camp with the team if he wants, and if he earns the job, great. But I'd rather bring in De Colo to get a crack at the job as well.

Either way, I think Neal is only the emergency backup plan at PG. His primary role this year should be as insurance against an injury to Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo will likely be Spurs backup PG next season.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, unless Joseph flames out in Vegas, I don't see Mills' having a place on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that De Colo is 6'5".

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I don't think Mills is the answer but if he's on the team I would hope he gets a fair chance.

De Colo looks like a great option and who knows what Joseph might show this summer. More completion the better. I just want legit pgs as our backups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other thing I forgot to mention, Pop's stubborn insistence of forcing Neal into the primary backup PG role seems to have affected the one skill that he brings to the table - his dead-eye shooting. Neal is an undersized SG and probably the best shooter on the team. He thrived in that role last season and needs to continue to be in such a role. Saddling him with the other responsibilities has proven to be a big mistake.
    Reminds me of Roger Mason Jr. falling apart after he was forced into a back up point guard role.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The only thing we know about DeColo is that his agent says he's coming. If it ain't for minimum, I don't see it. Diaw and Lorbek will take the MLE and LLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect a Neal type deal for de colo. credentials are ccomparable coming out of europe, no? Plus would there be SOME cap space if we amnesty bonner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel Patty could be our primary backup point guard instead of third stringer. We need a point guard that can "Speedy Claxton" a situation that Parker craps on.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I expect a Neal type deal for de colo. credentials are ccomparable coming out of europe, no? Plus would there be SOME cap space if we amnesty bonner?
    No cap space at all this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it takes a lot of money to bring De Colo. Pargo was a beast in Europe and Memphis was able to bring him for a 2m/2Y contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure hope he stays. He seemed to love it down here, and he always raved about the weather, and people of SA on his Twitter. I would sure miss the towel waving

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, unless Joseph flames out in Vegas, I don't see Mills' having a place on the team.
    Well I guess Mills will be with us cause Joseph is going to go down in a ring of fire. The dude should have stayed in school no way he makes it on a NBA team he will have a hard enough time staying with a D-league team.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I guess Mills will be with us cause Joseph is going to go down in a ring of fire. The dude should have stayed in school no way he makes it on a NBA team he will have a hard enough time staying with a D-league team.
    lol ring of fire

Thread Information