Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Doesn't anyone remember how things actually went down last season? The Niners beat the Giants once and took them into OT in the le game. If not for stupid fumbles....

Alex Smith beat Eli Manning, he beat Drew Brees.

Come on people...damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What I remember is Eli Manning beating Alex Smith and then going on to win a superbowl.

In the playoffs, when you actually need a QB who can convert 3rd downs, Alex Smith eventually lost.

Keep being stuck in the 80s when running and defense won and you didn't need a franchise QB

It's not like the NFL has changed since Jim McMahon won a superbowl
    Last edited by Goran Dragic; 03-31-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Doesn't anyone remember how things actually went down last season? The Niners beat the Giants once and took them into OT in the le game. If not for stupid fumbles....

Alex Smith beat Eli Manning, he beat Drew Brees.

Come on people...damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The facts are funny??? The Niners came within one play of beating the Giants twice in 2011.....right?
    The only fact is that the 49ers lost to a better team despite having HFA.

I'm sorry you can't accept this.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Giants won the Superbowl.

The 49ers beat the would be SB champs in the regular season. If Ted Ginn doesn't get hurt (why Williams was in there to things up) they probably would have beaten them in the Championship game.

For any team to do what the Niners did to the would be Champs tells us what?

The best team doesn't always win.
    great argumentative strategy

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I saw the Giants win the NFCCG, what did you see?

Giants won the Superbowl.
    o

@ the Ted Ginn argument

The Giants had plenty of injuries as well. Injuries are part of the game.

You honestly think the Giants win that game if Williams doesn't keep fumbling the ball back to them? Be honest.
    I think that's irrelevant since Williams DID keep fumbling the ball back to them.

I also think San Fran mighta won the game if they had a QB who didn't go 1 for 13 on third down.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You honestly think the Giants win that game if Williams doesn't keep fumbling the ball back to them? Be honest.
    Absolutely. Going 1/13 on 3rd down (w/ that one being a gimme against prevent defense) at home is beyond pathetic. Giving up a TD on 3rd and 15 is pathetic.

Giants were the better team. Giants won. Accept it and move on.

Let's be honest....ok? No silly games.

Niners beat the Giants regular season. In the Championship game a kick returner totally blew it. If he doesn't blow the Niners probably would hve won that game...you disagree?
    In the regular season the Packers also beat the Giants. Why does any of that matter?

Kyle Williams has been muffing punts his entire career. It's Harbaugh's fault for having him in that position.

And to answer your question, no, I don't think San Fran wins the game. I think Eli Manning woulda ultimately pulled through at the end while Alex Smith couldn't convert a 3rd down to save his life.

This hypothetical is re ed.

"If they don't turn the ball over at all, they win!"

Might as well say, "If they scored more points than the other team, they win!"

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Didn't the Rams beat the Saints? The Chiefs beat the Packers? How long you been watching the NFL? How many times have we seen turnovers cost the better team a win....TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, the Saints were the better team but 5 or so turnovers did them in
    The Giants outgained the niners, won the TO battle, and held the ball for 11 more minutes than the niners

backfire

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The Bay Area sure has devolved...once known for great music, now SF is known for deviant sexuality, rice-a-roni, and stupid fans

The Niners were favored for a reason. The game was close (obviously) take away the fumbles I give the Niners another win over the Giants. Depite Alex Smith. The Niners had the better regular season. No reason at all to think the Giants were the better team. They were .."in"...Frisco for a reason.
    The Giants going on the beat the Packers, 49ers, Patriots and Falcons, all teams that had "better regular seasons" than they did gives any semi-intelligent being a reason to think that using the regular season to evaluate how good NY was is extremely re ed.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Do you know anything at all about the NFL? It doesn't appear that way. Save this stupid troll bull , I could say that about you.
    I don't think you know much about the Nfl.

You're a ing idiot.

I don't think you know much about the Nfl.

You're a ing idiot.
    Hey, what's up man!

Remember when Jim McMahon and Doug Williams won a superbowl with a great defense and running game in the 80s? That totally means the 49ers can do the same thing 30 years later with Alex Smith!

Good to hear from you man!

The Niners gave the game away.
    Yeah, something great teams don't do.

Thread Information