Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    NT? more like SO i said
    Post Count
    As if everyone else didn't push Newcastle's in, symple comes in and shreds NK's anal canal
    tbh I can feel his wrath through the screen and getting a little nervous

Hopefully symple doesn't find a few of my posts praising Alex Smith for last season

Alex Smith hasn't been, nor will he ever be, the answer behind center. He cannot throw a deep ball, he can't get through his progressions
    Other than Peyton, I would've liked to have seen the FO give Jason Campbell a shot. Dude had become fairly effective before his injury with the raiders, and could get crab and those guys vertical for a change.
    I'd contend that Smith has (for the most part) always had a weak/young/injured/underachieving offensive line that doesn't give him too much time in addition to relatively slowish receivers that lack the ability to separate (aside from VD). Is Smith elite - absolutely not... but he's in the middle of the pack for starting QB's. You want to keep the team together - mainly the defensive juggernaut - you can't pay every position insane money...

And Jason Campbell...

Symple or whatever entire post sounded like an emotionally scarred 15 year old girl that just got dumped. No substance just irrational ranting

Smith's deep ball was amazing in the postseason. Remember the only 1st down the Niners got versus NYG was a deep ball. Remember all the deep bombs to Vernon Davis versus the Saints

Guy (among others in this thread) have no idea WTF they are talking about. Smith struggles most with sidelines throws

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Ummmmmmm, Elite Manning says hi. A record breaking 15 4th quarter touchdowns this past season. No QB was better in the clutch this season than Elite Manning.

49ers
    Thinking 2 ex-giants are going to be major factors

haha

Was wondering wtf he was talking about. Eli Manning broke the NFL record for most comebacks in a single season this year...

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    haha

Was wondering wtf he was talking about. Eli Manning broke the NFL record for most comebacks in a single season this year...
    He is still asshurt from the NFCCG.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Symple or whatever entire post sounded like an emotionally scarred 15 year old girl that just got dumped. No substance just irrational ranting

Smith's deep ball was amazing in the postseason. Remember the only 1st down the Niners got versus NYG was a deep ball. Remember all the deep bombs to Vernon Davis versus the Saints

Guy (among others in this thread) have no idea WTF they are talking about. Smith struggles most with sidelines throws
    Smith played the game of his life that day. It was an anomaly. There is nothing to indicate he can achieve that level with any consistency, he certainly didn't during the regular season.

I've never seen a 49er team feed so much off of the great field position provided by the special teams and the defense. Alex Smith has been a direct beneficiary of the stellar play of those squads. His numbers, which look good on paper (at least last year, the only good year he's ever had), don't look nearly as nice once you actually watch the games and see how he goes about getting them.

Dump offs, check downs, screens, and intermediate passes over the middle. Harbaugh and co. designed a system where Smith doesn't have to excel, he simply has to not anything up. You'll never win super bowls that way.

Oh, and I never pretended Campbell was the long term answer. There was really no way the Niners were going to find a long term guy in free agency anyway, not even peyton. IMO, it was a search that should have been undertaken for a true placeholder until they could find a franchise quarterback. A search they better get serious about

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd contend that Smith has (for the most part) always had a weak/young/injured/underachieving offensive line that doesn't give him too much time in addition to relatively slowish receivers that lack the ability to separate (aside from VD). Is Smith elite - absolutely not... but he's in the middle of the pack for starting QB's. You want to keep the team together - mainly the defensive juggernaut - you can't pay every position insane money...

And Jason Campbell...
    I'm willing for the Niners to part with some talent if it means getting a franchise quarterback, even if that talent is on the defensive side. Only guys I see as untouchable are Pat Willis, Aldon Smith, and Sopoaga. On offense, everyone but the key guys (like Joe Staley) on the o-line should be considered expendable.

I'm willing for the Niners to part with some talent if it means getting a franchise quarterback, even if that talent is on the defensive side. Only guys I see as untouchable are Pat Willis, Aldon Smith, and Sopoaga. On offense, everyone but the key guys (like Joe Staley) on the o-line should be considered expendable.
    Even if they found a team willing to trade them Luck or RG3 & assuming these guys eventually pan out..... we are talking 3 to 4 years down the line.

Why wait when the team is ready NOW? They did all they could to get Peyton & it didn't work.

Alex Smith was by far the 2nd best option available.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Carson Palmer would have been great get for the 9ers

Carson Palmer would have been great get for the 9ers
    Oh yeah, the guy with 49 INT's in his last 42 games is a great idea

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, the guy with 49 INT's in his last 42 games is a great idea
    yeah, maybe not great. just better.

yeah, maybe not great. just better.
    Better than 5 to 1 TD/INT ratio?

6 comeback victories?

*sigh*

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Better than 5 to 1 TD/INT ratio?

6 comeback victories?

*sigh*
    Palmer averaged 100 more yards passing per game.

Smith is a game manager. Game managers generally don't win Super Bowls.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Alex Smith was one game away from the SB last season. Now add, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, A.J.Jenkins and Oregon speedster LaMichael James. The defense is still intact. They play in the weakest division in the NFL.

What's not to like?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Alex Smith

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    lol

is Newcastle really gone

Yeah, we'll have shrimp Jeff Goldblum's Avatar
    My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Alex Smith is maybe, no..possibly. Yes, certainly. A failure. yes

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Okay, so the first time I checked into this thread I didn't really read it. After doing so, I'm just going to say a couple things...

Alex Smith hasn't been, nor will he ever be, the answer behind center. He cannot throw a deep ball, he can't get through his progressions, he can't read the defense before the snap, he can't convert 3rd downs, he has tiny little hands (which i'm sure newcastle and razon can attest matches his tiny little , since they seem to have their lips wrapped around it 24/7), he doesn't know how to effectively look people off, he can't throw out routes, he's terrible with audibles.....

I could post some more pathetic stats (like smith's 68 career td's in 7 seasons or the fact that he's only started more than 11 games twice), but dd has already tested those waters and found them to be dense and filled with dip s.

Quite frankly, He's NOT a leader and he just doesn't have the intangibles to ever lead the scarlet and gold to the promised land.

What pisses me off more than anything else is that if the Niners continue to around and make bad decisions concerning the QB position, then some very good players are never going to see the promised land. Pat Willis immediately comes to mind.

The defense is great, and could well become the type of unit that has Ravens type longevity in terms of dominance, efficiency, and swag.

However, the Niners will only be a perennial wild card/one n' done type team (also like the Ravens. if that, even) if they don't find an elite, drop-back passer who can make clutch throws instead of a pussified, gimmicky, scrambling, prima-donna who ran the spread at a hole school in the hole state of utah.

I was wrong about a whole host of things concerning the Niners this year, but Smith wasn't one of them.

Now, I don't really need to address anything else since some of the most effective posters on this unique site have already left you two sticks (razon and newcastle) looking like the ho chi minh trail after an arc-light raid, but i will say this...You es belong in the bottom of the bay with your ass pains, front-running, and ring smack.

Smells like a cowboys thread in here, and i'll start treating it like one if I have to

This post is spot on. It was clear during the final drive against the Saints that Smith had no clue what to do against a zone defense. He dumped two little short passes, wasted 50 seconds off the clock. The big play to Davis only happened when the Saints did an all out blitz and played Davis man to man.

Anyway, this was a great post.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Okay, so the first time I checked into this thread I didn't really read it. After doing so, I'm just going to say a couple things...

Alex Smith hasn't been, nor will he ever be, the answer behind center. He cannot throw a deep ball, he can't get through his progressions, he can't read the defense before the snap, he can't convert 3rd downs, he has tiny little hands (which i'm sure newcastle and razon can attest matches his tiny little , since they seem to have their lips wrapped around it 24/7), he doesn't know how to effectively look people off, he can't throw out routes, he's terrible with audibles.....

I could post some more pathetic stats (like smith's 68 career td's in 7 seasons or the fact that he's only started more than 11 games twice), but dd has already tested those waters and found them to be dense and filled with dip s.

Quite frankly, He's NOT a leader and he just doesn't have the intangibles to ever lead the scarlet and gold to the promised land.

What pisses me off more than anything else is that if the Niners continue to around and make bad decisions concerning the QB position, then some very good players are never going to see the promised land. Pat Willis immediately comes to mind.

The defense is great, and could well become the type of unit that has Ravens type longevity in terms of dominance, efficiency, and swag.

However, the Niners will only be a perennial wild card/one n' done type team (also like the Ravens. if that, even) if they don't find an elite, drop-back passer who can make clutch throws instead of a pussified, gimmicky, scrambling, prima-donna who ran the spread at a hole school in the hole state of utah.

I was wrong about a whole host of things concerning the Niners this year, but Smith wasn't one of them.

Now, I don't really need to address anything else since some of the most effective posters on this unique site have already left you two sticks (razon and newcastle) looking like the ho chi minh trail after an arc-light raid, but i will say this...You es belong in the bottom of the bay with your ass pains, front-running, and ring smack.

Smells like a cowboys thread in here, and i'll start treating it like one if I have to
    You really do need to bone up on reality. That was sad.

Let's look at QB ratings for 2011.

Alex Smith 90.7

Only 8 QB's in the league had a higher rating. Remember that was done without great wide outs.

Smith threw 5 INt's. That is fewer than any of those seven rated higher. Eli Manning had 16.

Smith had a higher completion % than...

Eli Manning
    Joe Flacco
    Matt Moore
    Matt Schaub

Dude, do you have a clue?

acting like Alex Smith's 2011 season is how he's played his entire career
    1/13 on 3rd down

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    You really do need to bone up on reality. That was sad.

Let's look at QB ratings for 2011.

Alex Smith 90.7

Only 8 QB's in the league had a higher rating. Remember that was done without great wide outs.

Smith threw 5 INt's. That is fewer than any of those seven rated higher. Eli Manning had 16.

Smith had a higher completion % than...

Eli Manning
    Joe Flacco
    Matt Moore
    Matt Schaub

Dude, do you have a clue?
    Speaking of having a clue, does Smith run the exact same or even remotely similar offense to the QBs you mentioned? Was Smith a game winner? or game manager? Was Eli a game winner? or game manager?

Enjoy your division le bro.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    acting like Alex Smith's 2011 season is how he's played his entire career
    1/13 on 3rd down
    Thinking what he did prior to the Harbaugh regime is of importance is so rookie.

Check out O.J.Simpson's first three years in the league.

Sheesh

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Speaking of having a clue, does Smith run the exact same or even remotely similar offense to the QBs you mentioned? Was Smith a game winner? or game manager? Was Eli a game winner? or game manager?

Enjoy your division le bro.
    Did Alex Smith not come within one game of playing in a SB? Did Alex Smith not beat the Giants and take them into OT the next time he played them?

Why does Vegas have the Niners thre favorite in the NFC to be in this seasons SB?

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    I miss NewcastleKEG.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What other team compares to this?

Hall of Fame

QB's...Y.A. tle, Joe Montana, Steve Young
    RB's...Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, John Henry Johnson, Roger Craig? Frank Gore?
    WR's...Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss

Now add...

QB..Jeff Garcia, Jim Plunkett, John Brodie
    RB's...(all 1000 yarders)...J.D.Smith, Garrison Hearst, Charlie Gardner, Wendell Tyler, Ricky Watters
    WR's..R.C.Owens, Dwight Clarke, John Taylor, Freddie Solomon, Gene Washington

Any challengers?

Thread Information