Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're actually called prawns down under. So the quote is stupid. No one in AUS has actually said this, ever.
    It was changed for an Austrailan tourism commercial in the US, since it was believed that American tourists wouldn't know what the a prawn was. To be fair, Paul Hogan orignally said it, though he was probably not in Australia when he said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other teams with names that don't match...

Memphis Grizzlies, originally in Vancouver, where they actually have Grizzley Bears.
    Utah Jazz, From New Orleans, birthplace of Jazz

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mods should ban australians from making threads, expecially the bandwagoners who came on board when mills was sign....
    why should we get banned for supporting an aussie making it in one of the best teams in the NBA, let alone even making it to the NBA which is rare.. Patty deserves respect, even more so, because his doing it to rep Australia and Aboriginal kids..

So if you don't respect us, then I would seriouslyremove ur flag underneath ur avatar cuz its disgusting how you show no aussie spirit.
    Last edited by goPaTTY!; 03-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought TDMVPDPOY was asian?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A spur is a sharp projection from the main. As in a bone or mountain spur. Is the main. The seconadry is a motivational device for large animals typically horses. This is the meaning the team uses. Initially spurs were simply semi sharp projections worn on boots and this is still true in some areas, the projections on fighting birds are also called spurs. The version the team uses have a many pointed wheel called a rowel. Spur can also be used as a verb meaning to use a set of spurs and or to cause something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ties in to the fact that the original chapparral had a "spur" projection. Also, original owners Angelo Drossos, John Schaefer and Red McCombs suffered from plantar fasciitis - i.e. bone spurs. So did Duncan a few years ago.

It all ties in.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why should we get banned for supporting an aussie making it in one of the best teams in the NBA, let alone even making it to the NBA which is rare.. Patty deserves respect, even more so, because his doing it to rep Australia and Aboriginal kids..

So if you don't respect us, then I would seriouslyremove ur flag underneath ur avatar cuz its disgusting how you show no aussie spirit.
    Are we allowed to refer to him as Patrick?

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mom wants to use the computer now.
    damn

Thread Information