My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Peyton Manning is gone, but in the process he gave the Colts terrible salary cap conditions for this season. Oh and he had about 150% to do with them landing Andrew Luck.

As far as free agents go, the Colts have landed Cory Redding and Tom Zbikowski from the Ravens. Zbikowski isn't a top flight safety by any means but he has experience in Coach Pagano's system and is certainly better than the rotation of practice squad players the team has been using since Bob Sanders effectively retired from being able to stay on the field after 2007. Redding should be great as a 3-4 end with Freeney and Mathis switching to OLB. On "hybrid" defensive looks I think he slides to DT and Freeney/Mathis go back to end. Excited to have all 3 on the field at the same time. Perhaps Jerry Hughes gets some playing time as a rush LB now. Still need another solid CB or two to help Powers, all the other backs were trash even in Tampa 2 and should be cut. Biggest need on D now aside from corners is a double wide to play NT but they're probably better off getting a FA and then drafting one next year because they'd have to trade back into the 1st to get one but they have to use their other picks to replace all the skill position players they just cut or lost in free agency. Better NT prospects next draft anyway and they will assuredly have another Top 10 pick.

Offense should be altogether better than last year simply by having Luck at QB. Should be offensive rookie of the year. Defense should do better just with legitimate coaching and dropping the Tampa 2. Salary cap looks great for 2013 and the new regime looks like they aren't afraid to go after free agents, something Polian rarely did.

J.T.'s astute pre-draft prediction: 6-10

Will reevaluate the team following the draft
    Last edited by J.T.; 03-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.

IMO it'll be a quick rebuild for them since they weren't afraid to cut all their veterans loose and completely start over.

IMO it'll be a quick rebuild for them since they weren't afraid to cut all their veterans loose and completely start over.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    I think so too. Even competing for the division le by 2013 or 2014 isn't out of the question. Will be nice to see the Colts build a real football team instead of one that can only function with its elite QB. They got Winston Justice at RT now and likely signed Samson Satele to replace Saturday who is either retiring or following Manning. The Manning era teams had on the line outside of Saturday after 2007 so nice to see Grigson actually fix trouble spots on the roster rather than blow first rounders on positions already held by decent starters.

Luck should be better than Matt Flynn at least, and according to the astute mind of Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers, that's good for Top 14.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Mods please change topic sponsor to Build The Monster. My probation officer has advised me it is not a good idea to associate myself with alcohol, even AA, while my case is still in court.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    They're on the right track...i see them struggling the first 6-7 games, then being a tough game for every opponent they face afterwards. They are set at the most important position, so you know they'll be a contender again soon.

Thread Information