Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If WC had hung on long enough, Maddow found at least one school that did not offer history classes.

It was a medical college.

What an outrage!!! Medical colleges don't teach history!!! Holy what is this country coming to!!!

(edit)

To be fair to Santorum: There may be "7 or 8" medical or law school or similar campuses in the largest college system in the US, that don't teach US history.

The kicker here is that this is part of the common pattern of half-truths out of the right wing outrage machine.

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach history!

Half-truths like this are either ignorance or outright lying.

Which do you think it is, WC?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-04-2012 at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I saw 7A and 7B. They are the ones that satisfy the high school requirement.

Two courses. One from colonization to the civil war, and another from civil war to modern day...

Not very comprehensive. like I said, they fulfill the high school American History requirement that students have before they enroll.
    That isn't the "high school requirement" dipstick.

Satisfying the American History and Ins utions Requirements Before Enrolling at Berkeley:
    Both the American History and American Ins utions requirements may be satisfied in one the following ways:

High School Course Work: By fulfilling the portion of the "a" subject requirement for freshman admission that consists of one year of U.S. history or one-half year of U.S. history and one-half year of U.S. government in high school with letter grades of C or better.

That means that you can take the course as AP before getting there, so you don't have to take it at college level.

Satisfying the American History and Ins utions Requirements After Enrolling at Berkeley:
    NOTE: After enrolling at Berkeley, students who have not already satisfied the AH&I requirements must complete two courses: one course to satisfy the American History requirement and one course to satisfy the American Ins utions requirement.
    UCB Course Work: By passing with a grade of C- or P, at Berkeley, after July 1, 2005, History 7A, 7B,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm doubting you satisfied WC's requirements

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't the "high school requirement" dipstick.

That means that you can take the course as AP before getting there, so you don't have to take it at college level.
    Random Guy is a Thunder Thief!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Maybe Santorum meant there was no class specifically called "American History" even though they actually DO have classes that cover American history. [/wc]

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    If WC had hung on long enough, Maddow found at least one school that did not offer history classes.

It was a medical college.

What an outrage!!! Medical colleges don't teach history!!! Holy what is this country coming to!!!

(edit)

To be fair to Santorum: There may be "7 or 8" medical or law school or similar campuses in the largest college system in the US, that don't teach US history.

The kicker here is that this is part of the common pattern of half-truths out of the right wing outrage machine.

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach history!

That was before the 4:04 mark I stopped at. I was asking if she mentioned more than the one she did.

Why do you make the fool of yourself by assuming?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach American history!

Look, Santorum was splitting hairs, and I find it ironic nobody else sees that in this specification of a type of history, he appears correct.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Maybe Santorum meant there was no class specifically called "American History" even though they actually DO have classes that cover American history. [/wc]
    Look, Santorum was splitting hairs, and I find it ironic nobody else sees that in this specification of a type of history, he appears correct.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    keep your day job.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Is that anything similar to a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square?

I think the point here is that all loosely based American History classes offered were only of agenda types, and then on top of that, they satisfied "American Culture" rather than "American history" requirements.

Don't you see? le is meaningless. Culture and History have differences.

When you click on the link to any, what filed do they satisfy?

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it disturbing that they don't offer a course led "Math"

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I find it disturbing that they don't offer a course led "Math"
    Yes, but if you click on Algebra, Geometry, trig, etc... I'll bet they satisfy mathematics, rather than culture...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that anything similar to a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square?

I think the point here is that all loosely based American History classes offered were only of agenda types, and then on top of that, they satisfied "American Culture" rather than "American history" requirements.

See the History classes linked above they satisfy the AMERICAN HISTORY requirement.... what is the agenda there? Is UC pandering to the "settlement to civil war" group?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    See the History classes linked above they satisfy the AMERICAN HISTORY requirement.... what is the agenda there? Is UC pandering to the "settlement to civil war" group?
    That's 7A... Not a 1xx, 2xx, 3xx...

I covered 7A and 7B already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's 7A... Not a 1xx, 2xx, 3xx...

I covered 7A and 7B already.

First of all, you incorrectly covered those already. You thought that they were pre-college admissions requirements - this has been debunked by RG in this thread.

Secondly, you are basing your incorrect assumption solely on the University's numbering system. I was unaware that you attended UC berkley and are intimately knowledgable about their numbering system.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    First of all, you incorrectly covered those already. You thought that they were pre-college admissions requirements - this has been debunked by RG in this thread.
    OK, so I only said High School, but yes. I meant them as pre college requirements, and the 7A and 7B courses are available to complete that requirement. Minor error.
    Secondly, you are basing your incorrect assumption solely on the University's numbering system. I was unaware that you attended UC berkley and are intimately knowledgable about their numbering system.
    Am I? What class is there besides 7A and 7B that satisfy "America History?"

I was originally asking for help finding one because I didn't. Nobody as of yet has found one either. They satisfy "Culture." All you guys are doing is strengthening what Santorum said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, so I only said High School, but yes. I meant them as pre college requirements, and the 7A and 7B courses are available to complete that requirement. Minor error.

Am I? What class is there besides 7A and 7B that satisfy "America History?"

I was originally asking for help finding one because I didn't. Nobody as of yet has found one either. They satisfy "Culture." All you guys are doing is strengthening what Santorum said.
    They are not pre-college requirements

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone should take WC's "don't euthanize me" bracelet.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

I'd like to know what you think the differences are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone should take WC's "don't euthanize me" bracelet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to know what you think the differences are.
    Oh, CF, PLEASE don't ask.

I have almost split my sides laughing at this thread. First it was at Santorum. Then it was the respondents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More and more I think CC was right when he said that the purpose of Santorum's candidacy is to make people feel better about voting for Romney.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but if you click on Algebra, Geometry, trig, etc... I'll bet they satisfy mathematics, rather than culture...
    The trig class doesn't satisfy any math requirement at some of the UCs, as it shouldn't, being high school material.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    More and more I think CC was right when he said that the purpose of Santorum's candidacy is to make people feel better about voting for Romney.
    I certainly hope that's the case. The idea that there is a large enough group of people out there who take him seriously enough to have gotten this far is more depressing than I can stand.

Thread Information