Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Feel free to. Give me a link, and I will add it to the OP. The thread le's word choice was intentionally unspecific.

Obama made a lot of promises that he either didn't know he would have to go back on, or never intended to carry through in 2008. You should start there.

It is a piece of propaganda, although I'm not sure what context would change some of the basic statements Romney made into things that weren't sweeping generalizations.
    lol...I have about zero interest in cranking out propaganda. I'll leave that to Yoni.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not all right wingers are either of those things, and that is not what I think. If you think it is tacit, then I should clarify. My bad.

What I do think, is that when people start making the case for right-wing ideology, it almost invariably has to start leaving out important infomration needed to make good decisions. This selectivization of the facts piles up to the point where it starts becoming lies of omission.

There is a gulf between making a case for something, and doing so in an intellectually honest manner.

I don't think all people who hold right-wing ideologies tend to be devoid of pragmatism.

Crud... times up. More later.
    When you round a population up aka, "the right wing in this country", without any attempt whatsoever at differentiation, what do you expect the resultant data set to be? C'mon dude.
    I am a conservative. I am not a social conservative. There exists, more than one set of conservatives. However well it might serve your meme to conflate the two, it's a foundational error that comes back to submarine your (unqualified) position. Everytime.
    Last edited by TeyshaBlue; 04-06-2012 at 01:31 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about "people", I'm talking about Repug politicians, right-wing hate media, Fox Repug Progaganda network, "Christian" asshole extremists.

eg, even MSM asked McLiar to quit lying about Hussein in 2008.
    "all Right Wingers".

Please. :facepalm.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Now that I would buy.

Question:

Do you see ANY Republican on this board or elsewhere who is, or has called Romney on his lies?
    I can't speak for any of the resident cons, or any others for that matter, but I'm profoundly dissappointed in the GOP's selections. I honestly don't spend 10 seconds thinking about any of them much less creating threads with youtubes about them. I've pretty much dismissed them as irrelevant until the primaries are over. Some of the BS falls off at that point and the focus becomes somewhat (relatively) more coherent. They will command some attention at that point. Right now, every primary candidate appears to me as a ing chameleon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Obama is as bad as Romney"

false equivalence from a Randian Paul sucker, upping his game.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "I will bring the troops home within 16 months",
    I don't think it's as black and white as you put it lol. He didn't say ALL troops would be out of Iraq in 16 months.

"I will close Guantanamo",
    wtf? You're quoting this as if he didn't try to get Guantanamo closed He didn't just suddenly change his mind and say leave it open for s and giggles.

"I will stop Bush detention policies", etc, etc
    This one has merit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Obama is as bad as Romney"

false equivalence from a Randian Paul sucker, upping his game.
    Easy there Boutons, I usually agree with you. Don't hate just because I appreciate an honest politician. They are non-existent these days. Nothing wrong with that, just because he is more honest than your candidate of choice doesn't mean I'm the bad guy or a sucker. You may not agree with his policies, but he's honest, and Obama is not. That's a fact.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy there Boutons, I usually agree with you. Don't hate just because I appreciate an honest politician. They are non-existent these days. Nothing wrong with that, just because he is more honest than your candidate of choice doesn't mean I'm the bad guy or a sucker. You may not agree with his policies, but he's honest, and Obama is not. That's a fact.
    Ron Paul has lied just like any other politician.

You are a sucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a sad fact, but a truthful politician doesn't stand a snowballs chance in of getting elected.

Can you imagine a politician stepping up to the mike and telling people that there is no way in the American public will support the pain that would be required to get our debt under control (until it's completely out of our control and forced on us) or that he can't do a ing thing about gas prices, or that the productive part of the american population can no longer pay enough to support the unproductive americans, and that for the most part Americans are greedy lazy s that are getting swamped by the global economy and the willingness of others in the world to work harder...in other words, we are ed and our future looks grim.

his opponent would kill him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...don't forget that by 2018 the interest on our national debt will be more than our military budget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randomguy made fun of my 9-11 truth video about all the celebrities that agree with me. BOO-HOO!!
    Jeez man, give it a break. Your video sucked, and nobody wants to waste two and a half hours wading through a pit of stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...don't forget that by 2018 the interest on our national debt will be more than our military budget.
    the sick-care for-profit sector is and will continue to be much more deficit-driving and wealth-sucking than interest payments on the debt (much of which is held by US citizens and orgs).

Nice kneejerk effort with the Repug policy of deficit scare-mongering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you round a population up aka, "the right wing in this country", without any attempt whatsoever at differentiation, what do you expect the resultant data set to be? C'mon dude.
    I am a conservative. I am not a social conservative. There exists, more than one set of conservatives. However well it might serve your meme to conflate the two, it's a foundational error that comes back to submarine your (unqualified) position. Everytime.
    cake and sodomy, as vy would say.

The left does not have a monopoly on critical thinking, but I don't know of any people who I would say are good at it that have political views that are right of center.

The two ends of the political spectrum do have their political othodoxies, but it is rather obvious to me who is lying more.

Name the right wing equivalent of Robert Reich.

Name the left wing equivalent of Rush Limbaugh.

The two sides are not equal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the sick-care for-profit sector is and will continue to be much more deficit-driving and wealth-sucking than interest payments on the debt (much of which is held by US citizens and orgs).

Nice kneejerk effort with the Repug policy of deficit scare-mongering.

It's not scare mongering. It' just simple facts. Add in your "sick care for profit" scenario and we are double ed. BTW the "not for profit" single payer systems are also eating the budgets of the governments that adopted them. Ain't nothing cheap about health care anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The candidates we have are simply reflections of our society. Wishing for better candidates isn't going to make it so. Once the fundamentals (read: Critical thinking in our society) are at a level more conducive to candidates that are more than shallow caricatures then we shall have them.

When you have more Wineholes and LNGs in our society then perhaps you'll get more Teysha Blues running for office.

But as long as the majority are Wild Cobras and Darrins then you're going to get Barrack, Bush, Romney etc.

If you build it, they will come etc etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the most part Americans are greedy lazy s
    The number of hours worked would seem to indicate otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The left does not have a monopoly on critical thinking, but I don't know of any people who I would say are good at it that have political views that are right of center.

The two ends of the political spectrum do have their political othodoxies, but it is rather obvious to me who is lying more.

Rachel Maddow

The fact that the snuff queen doesn't have the same reach of viewership is not Limbaugh's fault.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Equivalent in what manner?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    See? Stop being squishy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do they? Being forced to work more hours doesn't mean you're any less lazy, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The candidates we have are simply reflections of our society. Wishing for better candidates isn't going to make it so. Once the fundamentals (read: Critical thinking in our society) are at a level more conducive to candidates that are more than shallow caricatures then we shall have them.

If you build it, they will come etc etc.
    Hallelujah.

My wife is finishing up her final semester of student teaching in a science class.

The kids in her class are being inundated with massive amounts of information needed to pass the standards test and no time to cover anything in any depth.

Our striving for "accountability" is ing our ability to produce good critical thinkers.

We want our kids to learn checklists so we can test better than Asians who spend 80 hours/week memorizing bull without understanding it.

So that is what we are getting.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow

The fact that the snuff queen doesn't have the same reach of viewership is not Limbaugh's fault.
    Ever listen to Randi Rhodes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wan't comparing to rotting european models.

*see riots as governments figure out they can't afford to support the model*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow

No, ing, way.

I confess to not having watched Maddow in a couple of years but unless she's gone off the ing deep end then there's no way that comparison by an objective party is ever going to hold.

I'm not saying they aren't out there but that is not a good match AT ALL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rachel Maddow

You seem to be overestimating Maddow's viewership, or influence in the Democratic party. Ain't no one kissing her ring.

You also can't tell me that she is anywhere near as venal or unfactual as Limbaugh.

Thread Information