Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The Sun loses 5ft of mass ever 30 minutes if you go back "4 Billion" years the sun would be so big it would have burned everything in the solar system
    What evidence do you have that this rate has held constant for that period of time?
    science!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well because I have seen evidence of God in my own life and in the lives of others.
    What evidence?

Do you have evidence that cannot be attributed to natural causes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He would've known what was going to come out first, but he wouldn't have controlled the daughter. God may be omnipotent but that doesn't mean that's a power he exercises on a regular basis.

There's an element of free-will that's involved with all of this.

See, that's just not the way it's worked in my opinion. I'd say that the laws/morality are a byproduct more than anything else and I'd argue that Jepthah was demonstrating the qualities God looks for people to develop in this case.
    That's a different situation to me because Jepthah didn't say "...If you give me this victory I'll sacrifice my daughter." what he said was "...I'll give you the first thing that comes out of my house".
    The God of the bible is both all-knowing and all-powerful. God would not have to control anybody. He could have simply told Jepthah that the first thing that would come out of the house would be Jepthah's daughter, and that God would be happy with something a bit less drastic.

Why do you think God looks for the quality of "I'm willing to murder children" in his followers?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you promised the mayor or your town that you would sacrifice your child to him, if he would give you a zoning exemption that lets to build an otherwise illegal addition to your house, what do you think the mayor would do?
    That's a different situation to me because Jepthah didn't say "...If you give me this victory I'll sacrifice my daughter." what he said was "...I'll give you the first thing that comes out of my house".
    That doesn't answer my question.

If you promised the mayor you would burn your child alive to get what you wanted, what do you think the mayor would do?

or, if you prefer:

What woud *you* do if someone wanted something from you, and said they were ready to burn their child alive in order to get it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And in any case, I don't lose anything for being a Christian and believing in God.
    I disagree.

You lose a great deal when you believe in things that are not real, or give in to threats of infinite punishment for finite crimes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Scientist at one time claimed Asbestos was good for you.

You just can't do a drive by and post one word "Science" and then pull the ripcord and bail out of a debate.

Congrats your on the DeadZero list of people I will avoid in any future discussion on this matter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    mouse, what is your theory on how humans came into existence?
    When someone mature enough to carry an adult conversation asked me that question, I shall answer them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Scientist at one time claimed Asbestos was good for you.

You just can't do a drive by and post one word "Science" and then pull the ripcord and bail out of a debate.
    Are you trying to say you did the sun measurements yourself?

Congrats your on the DeadZero list of people I will avoid in any future discussion on this matter.
    Just when I was starting to take you seriously!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Why do you feel the need to resort to the same kinds of insults?

My posting of the butthurt picture was quite after you posted these, and was the only time I commented at all about you, other than to politely ask questions, or correct factual mistakes, of which you have made several.
    If your so good at quoting people why not show the quotes that lead up to those replies?

Don't cherry pick the quotes show all the ones that matter.

By the time I stoop down to someones trailer park level of mentality I have already endured three pages of useless insults.

Get something straight RandomLie I am not going to be pushed around like the Bible believers allow themselves to be treated in here I don't have another spare cheek to turn.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You made the DeadZero list after page two

list of posters who forfeited their right's to ask me any further questions.

RedZeo

Woo Bum-kon

The Skeptic

Blake

more to come.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If your so good at quoting people why not show the quotes that lead up to those replies?

Don't cherry pick the quotes show all the ones that matter.

By the time I stoop down to someones trailer park level of mentality I have already endured three pages of useless insults.

Get something straight RandomLie I am not going to be pushed around like the Bible believers allow themselves to be treated in here I don't have another spare cheek to turn.
    As you wish. I will refrain from insulting you in any way, and stick to simply asking you polite questions.

The Sun loses 5ft of mass ever 30 minutes if you go back "4 Billion" years the sun would be so big it would have burned everything in the solar system
    What evidence do you have that this rate has held constant for that period of time?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You made the DeadZero list after page two

list of posters who forfeited their right's to ask me any further questions.

RedZeo

Woo Bum-kon

The Skeptic

Blake

more to come.....
    Oh noes!

You mean I can never ask you a question again?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

NASA

The Sun is using losing 4 billion kilograms of mass a second; as four hydrogen nuclei are converted to a single helium one, this loss in mass provides the energy for the Sun to shine. (Mass and energy are equivalent, as shown by Einstein's famous formula E=mc2). Large though it sounds, this mass loss is actually insignificant compared to the Sun's total mass. The Sun's total mass is 2 x 1030 (or 2 nonillion) kilograms

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Oh noes!

You mean I can never ask you a question again?
    Sure just not in this topic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You have stated NASA cannot be trusted.

A picture of the sun is not proof that this rate has not changed in 4 billion years.

Do you have any other evidence that this rate has not changed in this period of time?

(edit)

The statement "the sun is losing" does not state what that rate was in the past. It cannot, therefore, be used to support past rates.

(/edit)
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-13-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Sure just not in this topic.
    So you trust NASA now?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    NASA

The Sun is using losing 4 billion kilograms of mass a second; as four hydrogen nuclei are converted to a single helium one, this loss in mass provides the energy for the Sun to shine. (Mass and energy are equivalent, as shown by Einstein's famous formula E=mc2). Large though it sounds, this mass loss is actually insignificant compared to the Sun's total mass. The Sun's total mass is 2 x 1030 (or 2 nonillion) kilograms
    Mass is not measured in "ft" or "feet".

Please show how this loss of mass translates to the cir ference and volume of a sphere the current size of the sun. I would point out that the volume of a sphere is a cubed factor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You have stated NASA cannot be trusted.
    Are we going to talk Apollo 11?

I was using one of they're photos of the sun for illustration, you have a photo of the sun I can use?
    I can easily edit.

A picture of the sun is not proof that this rate has not changed in 4 billion years.
    You don't have Google? I suppose you think something that is burning gets larger over time?

This is going to be devastating news for the Candle industry.

Do you have any other evidence that this rate has not changed in this period of time?
    The Sun consumes about 600 million tons of hydrogen per second. (That's 6 x 108 tons.) For comparison, the mass of the Earth is about 1.35 x 1021 tons. This would mean the Sun consumes the mass of the Earth in about 70,000 years.

Dr. Louis Barbier

__________________________________________________ _______

HOWARD J. VAN TILL

Professor of Physics and Astronorny
    Calvin College Grand Rapids, Michigan

The sun's diameter has been shrinking in such a manner as to preclude the credibility of the standard multibillion-year chronology for terrestrial history. Within the professional scientific community, a preliminary report which suggested a long-term and rapid shrinkage of the sun presented a puzzle for solar astronomers. Consequently, additional studies were made and the credibility of the original data was re-evaluated. The result is that secular shrinkage has not beenPost Flare Loops on the Sun substantiated, but an 80-year oscillatory behavior was discovered. Within the "creation-science" community, however, the response to the original report has been remarkably different. The suggestion of rapid long-term shrinkage was uncritically accepted, the evidence and conclusions drawn from subsequent studies were generally dismissed, and extrapolations of the presumed rapid solar shrinkage have been performed without restraint. Isolated from the corrective of continuing professional investigation and evaluation, the "creation-science" community continues to employ this unwarranted extrapolation of a discredited report as a scientific evidence" for a young earth. The credibility of the Christian witness to a scientifically knowledgeable world is thereby clouded.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Mass is not measured in "ft" or "feet".

Please show how this loss of mass translates to the cir ference and volume of a sphere the current size of the sun. I would point out that the volume of a sphere is a cubed factor.
    You have a measuring stick that can handle the Sun's heat and a rocket ship to get us there?

I am not going to split hairs on if the Sun loses 90 million tons per second or 4 feet of mass per hour the fact is it could not have been the same size 4 billion years ago.

So in all fairness I will give you another example:

Since laser reflecting mirrors have been placed on the moon (by unmanned probes)

Researchers can measure the exact distance the moon is from the earth.

In doing so researchers have discovered the Moon drifting from the earth at a rate of 4 inches a year.

That may not seem like a lot but if you take the clock back "4 Billion" years that would put the moon to close to the earth for the Big bang theory to hold water.

Another example is the oldest comet recorded is 10,000 - 15,000 years old and yet comets are the result of the big bang that supposedly took place "4 Billion" years ago?

Who writes this ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    HOWARD J. VAN TILL

Professor of Physics and Astronorny
    Calvin College Grand Rapids, Michigan

The sun's diameter has been shrinking in such a manner as to preclude the credibility of the standard multibillion-year chronology for terrestrial history. Within the professional scientific community, a preliminary report which suggested a long-term and rapid shrinkage of the sun presented a puzzle for solar astronomers. Consequently, additional studies were made and the credibility of the original data was re-evaluated. The result is that secular shrinkage has not beenPost Flare Loops on the Sun substantiated, but an 80-year oscillatory behavior was discovered.

Within the "creation-science" community, however, the response to the original report has been remarkably different. The suggestion of rapid long-term shrinkage was uncritically accepted, the evidence and conclusions drawn from subsequent studies were generally dismissed, and extrapolations of the presumed rapid solar shrinkage have been performed without restraint. Isolated from the corrective of continuing professional investigation and evaluation, the "creation-science" community continues to employ this unwarranted extrapolation of a discredited report as a scientific evidence" for a young earth. The credibility of the Christian witness to a scientifically knowledgeable world is thereby clouded.
    I concur. This does seem to be discredited.

Thank you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Who writes this ?
    Scientists?

How do you think humans came to be?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    that is just one of many articles.

I don't judge people by if they go to church and what God they pray too.

I can only post what researcher's discovered and decide what makes sense.

Most of this is common sense. You can't make a cup of hot coffee and come back 4 years later and expect it to still be hot.

But scientist want you to believe that comets can survive billions of years?

Forget all the websites and cut and paste jobs how about you answer some questions directly?

If the earth is "4 Billion" years old why is the oldest Tree only 20,0000 years old?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    that is just one of many articles.

I don't judge people by if they go to church and what God they pray too.

I can only post what researcher's discovered and decide what makes sense.

Most of this is common sense. You can't make a cup of hot coffee and come back 4 years later and expect it to still be hot.

But scientist want you to believe that comets can survive billions of years?

Forget all the websites and cut and paste jobs how about you answer some questions directly?

If the earth is "4 Billion" years old why is the oldest Tree only 20,0000 years old?

Thread Information