Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    regardless of religious bent, you must admit that the historical (fictional?) person named "Jesus of Nazareth" changed the course of humanity. that alone is very powerful stuff. he is the most important historical figure in the history of our universe (all of existence?) to date.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've heard stories of people surviving snake bites longer than they should have been able to as well.

]Oh, I should also mention again that I've seen people get healed as well.
    I saw it too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We don't know , not you, not me, not nobody.
    yet, you know enough to ridicule people for their convictions?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    How many churchs are out there? Yet some people think they know better...hahaha!!!
    How many mosques are out there? Why aren't you a Muslim?

This, well if you can't prove it, is so ing lame.
    Why should i believe in the supernatural when there is nothing that shows that the supernatural exists?

Prove you are envious, prove you had a dream last night, well? Big deal we have something else that can't be proven...wow!
    There is a gigantic difference between believing that dreams exist and believing that magic exists. To try to equate the two is ludicrous.

To, you can't fool me...
    This doesn't make any sense.

How many things were totally unheard of 300 years ago that we take for granted today...well? Tell somebody 300 years ago about the cell phone...you'd be laughed at.
    False equivalence. You're comparing the natural to the supernatural. There is science behind the cellphone. What evidence is behind God? People believing is not evidence.

We don't know , not you, not me, not nobody. So why not have faith in "a" God?
    Why have faith in a God? Just because you say so?

The negatives are what? Oh yeah...you can't fool me, I'm too smart...hahaha!!!!!!!
    Do you believe in the tooth fairy? If not, why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know jack about it and neither does anyone else.
    So why are you pushing your thoughts about these matters on us?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I don't know jack about it and neither does anyone else. So we have these options....

1.the with God, which will means it will be you taking a nose dive into , and burn for all eternity.

2.have faith in Him, spent eternity in paradise.

3.worm food

Hmmmm....lets see here...
    What about if you choose the wrong God? What if you believed and there was no heaven? What if you believed but not in the right way? There are way more than just three outcomes.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Obviously not like that. A lot of televangelists are frauds. I'll admit that without any prodding.

I know it sounds unbelievable but I saw what I saw. I was very skeptical but there was one lady who got healed that I paid particular attention to.

It's easy for you to sit back and laugh about it but this happened right in front of me. I was there and I saw the whole thing from start to finish. I can't just discount things like that or the experiences of the people I know who are close to me.

Don't believe if you don't want to but yeesh. I'm just answering the question Blake put to me.
    Last edited by TheSkeptic; 04-15-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Don't I keep saying..."a"...God. It doesn't matter what name we humans call Him.
    Why believe?

yes the supernatural exists.
    Prove it.

Look at Usian Bolt.....he does the supernatual. Dead serious! How about that little old lady lifting a car off her son?
    Neither of those examples is supernatural. You don't know the meaning of the word.

Prove you had a dream, it can't be done. Impossible!
    Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REM_sleep

You gain what by not having faith is.."a"...God. Try....nothing! You do know people who do believe in God, you know what they gain....right?
    They gain a false belief that their lives have some greater meaning.

Give me the adult redzone, save the little kid bull .
    Stop ing and stay on subject.

One thing for sure, if don't have any faith you will either burn in or feed the worms.
    I'll ask this question again: What makes you think that there are only three outcomes? You say this with certainty, so I'd like to here your explanation.

Why believe?

Prove it.

Neither of those examples is supernatural. You don't know the meaning of the word.

Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REM_sleep

They gain a false belief that their lives have some greater meaning.

Stop ing and stay on subject.

I'll ask this question again: What makes you think that there are only three outcomes? You say this with certainty, so I'd like to here your explanation.

You must not understand the word supernatural....look it up! There are things going on today that a 1000 years ago would have been considered supernatural..you disagree?

We cannot prove a dream. Prove you were falling in that dream.

Three options..

You have faith in "a" God just maybe you'll end up in Heaven.

If you have no faith in "a" God you will burn in if you are wrong and there is "a" God.

There is no God which means there is no either. So you just rot.
    Last edited by RaZon; 04-15-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    So why are you pushing your thoughts about these matters on us?
    Because it's a public forum?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Because it's a public forum?
    your mother is a public forum.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As a by stander you just got owned. When you have to resort to..yo mama...your ass is whipped.
    your mom is whipped...........

by my .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    You must not understand the word supernatural....look it up!
    http://i.word.com/idictionary/supernatural
    Main Entry: su·per·nat·u·ral
    Pronunciation: \ˌsü-pər-ˈna-chə-rəl, -ˈnach-rəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin supernaturalis, from Latin super- + natura nature
    Date: 15th century
    1 : of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
    2 a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

What about Usain Bolt transcends the laws of nature? Just because he is ridiculously fast doesn't mean he's supernatural. If you throw the term around like that, it becomes meaningless.

We cannot prove a dream.
    False.

Prove you were falling in that dream.
    Different matter entirely. This boils down to whether one chooses to believe somebody's story or not. This is in no way similar to the supernatural. Believing that somebody had a dream about falling doesn't take the same faith that believing that God exists takes.

Three options..
    How do you know that there are just three options? Third time asking you.

You have faith in "a" God just maybe you'll end up in Heaven.
    What if I believe and I don't get into heaven? What if there is a God but no heaven?

If you have no faith in "a" God you will burn in if you are wrong and there is "a" God.
    What if I don't believe and I still get into heaven?

There is no God which means there is no either. So you just rot.
    What happens if there is more than one god?

How do you know that there are only three outcomes?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    your mother is a public forum.
    would you like to be a Moderator?

Please say yes! I always wanted my Mom to get pinked!

I think she's pretty in Pink.

Also can you ban one of her TRolls? her alternate screen name FatFreddy88 is harassing me.
    Last edited by mouse; 04-15-2012 at 02:17 AM.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/supernatural
    Main Entry: su·per·nat·u·ral
    Pronunciation: \ˌsü-pər-ˈna-chə-rəl, -ˈnach-rəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin supernaturalis, from Latin super- + natura nature
    Date: 15th century
    1 : of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
    2 a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

What about Usain Bolt transcends the laws of nature? Just because he is ridiculously fast doesn't mean he's supernatural. If you throw the term around like that, it becomes meaningless.

False.

Different matter entirely. This boils down to whether one chooses to believe somebody's story or not. This is in no way similar to the supernatural. Believing that somebody had a dream about falling doesn't take the same faith that believing that God exists takes.

How do you know that there are just three options? Third time asking you.

What if I believe and I don't get into heaven? What if there is a God but no heaven?

What if I don't believe and I still get into heaven?

What happens if there is more than one god?

How do you know that there are only three outcomes?

Struck out on all those.

My point is...you can't "PROVE!!" a dream...

The year is 1891, what do you think the 100m World Record was then? Yes a 9.58 is Supernatural.

ONE MORE TIME....

FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....do you understand that word? Christians trust in their bible. What does it tell them? Once again....FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's all bull ok....it's bull .

I gave you the three options. There are no more. Nothing about this can be proven I've already admitted that. Prove there are other options...well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    My point is...you can't "PROVE!!" a dream...:
    You can't prove a dream what?

The year is 1891, what do you think the 100m World Record was then? Yes a 9.58 is Supernatural.
    People get better and records are shattered. Where does the supernatural come into play? Improbability and impossibility are two different things.

I gave you the three options.
    You asserted that there are three outcomes, and I am asking you to prove it.

There are no more.
    You know this how?

Nothing about this can be proven I've already admitted that.
    Okay, so you are just making baseless assertions.

Prove there are other options...well?
    Hold on, wait a minute. Where are you getting these outcomes from in the first place? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

My point is...you can't "PROVE!!" a dream...
    are your sure?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I've known a lot of people in my life. Everything from millionaires to bums on the street.
    which one's smell better?

Thread Information