Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Such a being does not deserve my deference, or faith, only condemnation.

And as for the bolded, I know I've read that line somewhere before.
    Others have probably expressed that sentiment, but the words are mine, and original.

It is the only logical conclusion if you read through the bible's nastier parts.

In the end, infinite torture for finite crimes... doesn't seem rational in anyway.

God is often thought of as a loving parent, but loving parents don't lock their kids in the basement and torture them if they do something wrong.

That isn't the action of a creator that I would worship, or a parent that I would respect.

It makes a lot more sense if think about claims in the bible from the standpoint of a member of a a priest ruling class that wanst people to keep paying hard earned hes to you a few thousand years ago. It is easy to claim supernatural power to primitive peoples who have not learned much about our world.

What better way to get people to believe in your priestly authority than to say "if you don't believe, you will burn in "?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Sorry mouse, most of your trolls are on my ignore list. I'm not going to take the time to un-ignore them.
    I am only using one screen name you can check with slomo and Kori but don't worry yourself about putting me on any ignore list (very mature) I will add your name to the no reply list. I can't debate with someone who has a semi meltdown because I happen to call them RandomLie. Your losing what ever credibility you once had esse.

No Intelligent reply list: Blake,RedZero,The Skeptic,Woo Bum-konand MLewis,RandomLie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like this Randomlie dude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This fish is part of the fossil charts many ignorant posters in this topic use to prove Evolution and yet it's still alive?

So much for your Scientific data.

Coelacanth disappeared from the fossil record with the last of the dinosaurs. That was supposedly 65 million years ago. In the early 1900s, evolutionists touted it as the first walking fish, the transition between fish and tetrapods. That is, until 1938 when one was found alive and unable to walk. Evolution theory says that pressures from compe ion and the environment force changes over time. In chapter 9 of his book, Darwin wrote of ancestor species in general: "If, moreover, they had been the progenitors of these orders, they would almost certainly have been long ago supplanted and exterminated by their numerous and improved descendants." Here is a coelacanth today, alive and unchanged like many "living fossils". Where is the evolution?

Keep the Evolution comedy bull coming!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This fish is part of the fossil charts many ignorant posters in this topic use to prove Evolution and yet it's still alive?

So much for your Scientific data.

Coelacanth disappeared from the fossil record with the last of the dinosaurs. That was supposedly 65 million years ago. In the early 1900s, evolutionists touted it as the first walking fish, the transition between fish and tetrapods. That is, until 1938 when one was found alive and unable to walk. Evolution theory says that pressures from compe ion and the environment force changes over time. In chapter 9 of his book, Darwin wrote of ancestor species in general: "If, moreover, they had been the progenitors of these orders, they would almost certainly have been long ago supplanted and exterminated by their numerous and improved descendants." Here is a coelacanth today, alive and unchanged like many "living fossils". Where is the evolution?

Keep the Evolution comedy bull coming!

The existance of old species are fully compatible with the theory of evolution.

Your inability to understand why that is does not disprove evolution, any more than your ignorance as to how comets are formed disproves modern physics.

Some species, such as the tuatara, horseshoe crab, roach, ginkgo, and coelacanth, are "fossil species." They have not evolved for millions of years.
    Debunked:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB930.html
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    mouse

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am only using one screen name you can check with slomo and Kori but don't worry yourself about putting me on any ignore list (very mature) I will add your name to the no reply list. I can't debate with someone who has a semi meltdown because I happen to call them RandomLie. Your losing what ever credibility you once had esse.

No Intelligent reply list: Blake,RedZero,The Skeptic,Woo Bum-konand MLewis,RandomLie
    Meh.

You can't debate on this topic, because you are either trolling, or completely ignorant about scientific theories. THe fact that you can't accurately state the theories you are criticising says all anyone needs to know.

Reading all the ham-handed spamming of logically flawed and debunked creationist arguments, is a bit like watching a stone age tribesman out of the deep jungle shake their fist at airplanes to ward off evil spirits.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mouse: [statement A]

RG: Here is why that statement is factually wrong or logically flawed. [scientific evidence][logical principles]

Mouse: "nuh-uh" [logically flawed statement about scientific evidence]

RG: That denial was logically flawed, your [statement A] has been debunked.

Mouse: "oh yeah, well..." [Statement B]

RG: Here is why that statement is factually wrong or logically flawed. [scientific evidence][logical principles]

Mouse: [misstatement of scientific theory] [flawed conclusion based on misstatement]

RG: That was a provable misstatement of scientific theory. [logical principles]

Mouse: "nuh-uh" [repeats misstatement]

RG: That is a misstatement of scientific theory.

Mouse: [logically flawed argument about scientific theory]

RG: That isn't right because [logical principles]

GOTO 10
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-17-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The list of debunked creationist claims is here:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html#CB

It is too long to fit into one post. I will spare y'all from that.

Doesn't take much to poke holes in most of them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    mouse will never stop copying and pasting from creationist websites, no matter how many times the crap he posted has been debunked. Same goes for moon landing conspiracy .

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you ask me how i know he lives; he lives within my heart.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    you ask me how i know he lives; he lives within my heart.

That was usually always the last song that mercifully signaled the end of the church service.

If the Cowboys played at noon, we picked up Bill millers. Any other time it was Lubys at Central Park or North Star Malls.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Since we have been using this theory to make predictions, it has a very good track record
    When do they predict to cure cancer?

Did Science predict the huge Tsunami that killed 1000s?

So did the Dallas cowboys at one time.

So science is really nothing more than using an...

Predictions using a theory would normally relate to that theory. Evolution is not about predicting tsunamis, it is about how live arose and got to the pont it is currently at.

If you had a background in science, you would know this.

Not having such a background, you assumed "prediction" meant something else.

Here is an example of what the theory of evolution predicts:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I don't support a Creator and I never claimed to be a creationist.

You don't read very well do you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't support a Creator and I never claimed to be a creationist.

You don't read very well do you?
    Explain how you think humans got here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Mouse isn't a creationist, but he surely likes using arguments from creationists to prove his points.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders