Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Cmon mouse, stop being a chicken .

Post your theory on how humans got here
    Someone old enough to buy beer ask me And I might answer them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Someone old enough to buy beer ask me And I might answer them.
    Naw, it's obvious that you're too scared to post your real thoughts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't support a Creator and I never claimed to be a creationist.

You don't read very well do you?
    mouse reads the le, but didn't watch the video to see the kind of prediction he is ridiculing.

That's ok. I have stopped expecting you to educate yourself. You obviously aren't interested.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    http://dsc.discovery.com/show-news/j...spiracies.html

Jesus Conspiracies: Jesus' Lost Years" premieres Thursday, April 19 at 10p.m.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Two people claim the Ten Commandments is a great Movie.

One is an Atheist film critic the other is a Minister of a church.

That doesn't mean they both share the same views on the Bible.

I think the Grand Canyon was formed in a few years A creationist thinks It may have also.

That doesn't mean we share the same beliefs just because we post the same photos from the same site.

But you limited thinkers in this topic are determine to show others how ignorant you can be and thus I am done trying to educate you any further.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So both creation and evolution are wrong to you. Those are really the only two options I've ever seen.

What is a third option?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Putting faith in the morals and laws in the Bible keeps/has helped keep our society from moving forward.

If Bible thumpers got their way 100% of the time, the Earth would still be the center of the universe and gays would be in jail.....or worse.
    List of Roman Catholic cleric–scientists

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    one of the problems associated with creationists is that they do not see the benefit of exploring the universe outside of Earth....

For example, and I doubt Mouse will refute this, many of them cry fervantly "why waste money on space instead of fixing cancer and such things?"

The problem with that is that it is short sighted. These types of peolpe dont even realize how nieve they are especially when using technologies like this very website that was benifited from by those same "quack jobs" that didnt focus on something out of our technological reach.

what most people fail to realize is that by understanding the universe outside of our world actually does impact our way of life in a better way. A very simple example would be non-stick frying pans. If it wasnt for the space race we probably wouldnt have that. Nevermind heat resistant ceramics, tempurpedic beds, MRE's (as far as longevity) and many other technical wonders that I dont care to list because people have short attention spans or near-sighted views of the world of science.

I dont, and will not, pretend that I know alot about the space beyond our little blue orb that orbits an insagnificant star, matching up with an estimated 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 other stars, but to me the proof has been laid out with humanities scientific, provable facts about our universe...

The burden of proof lies with those that believe in creation theory... Science has presented their proof and it is sound, creationists point to the equivalent of a harry potter book for proof.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And almost none of those are contemporary. Just because the church monopolized education up until the 19th century does not demonstrate much when you say that there were a lot of church scientists.

Aquinas' 'concession' to the scientific community was that you did not have to center research around doctrine; you just could not contradict it.

WOOHOO!

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    So many bitter people in this thread. If you really didn't believe in a higher 'being' (I think of it as state, or presence..or network of intelligent energy that we are a part of), then you would disregard all these threads as nonsense.

Religion, though not perfect and noone is right nor has the right to indoctrinate, has accomplished alot with regard to humanity's struggle to collaborate. It may be argued that it's necessary. With our laid foundations that our ancestors, most of them being religious or adhering to religious doctrine, set for us, we can finally slip away from religion as law and practice "Common Law" in a "civilized" manner. Religion then becomes a personal endeavor.

Most of you bitter people are fighting a personal struggle of the notion of a higher power, and in doing so by downgrading others, you are showing nothing more than your own blaming of some sort of unknown power on your own problems.

Get over it. Religion will always be a part of history and will continue to find its way into the future as a personal ordeal - not one to put down others based on their beliefs in order to quench your struggle to fathom its role in your own life. In doing so, you'll become the very evil you describe it as.

"If God does not exist, everything is permitted."
    Last edited by IWantsACuatro; 04-20-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz

University of Texas alumnus

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So many bitter people in this thread. If you really didn't believe in a higher 'being' (I think of it as state, or presence..or network of intelligent energy that we are a part of), then you would disregard all these threads as nonsense.

Religion, though not perfect and noone is right nor has the right to indoctrinate, has accomplished alot with regard to humanity's struggle to collaborate. It may be argued that it's necessary. With our laid foundations that our ancestors, most of them being religious or adhering to religious doctrine, set for us, we can finally slip away from religion as law and practice "Common Law" in a "civilized" manner. Religion then becomes a personal endeavor.

Most of you bitter people are fighting a personal struggle of the notion of a higher power, and in doing so by downgrading others, you are showing nothing more than your own blaming of some sort of unknown power on your own problems.

Get over it. Religion will always be a part of history and will continue to find its way into the future as a personal ordeal - not one to put down others based on their beliefs in order to quench your struggle to fathom its role in your own life. In doing so, you'll become the very evil you describe it as.

Lol personal endeavor
    Lol bitter people
    Lol zombies
    Lol asexual reproduction
    Lol godbeing the only thing between man and anarchy
    Lol threats as religion
    Lol placing blame on fables

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    one of the problems associated with creationists is

People like you.

There really is no problem with two different sides having opinions and beliefs.

Maybe you meant to say was...

one of My problems associated with creationists is
    that would sound better.

the benefit of exploring the universe outside of Earth....
    And what benefit would that be?

I know it's hard for many in this topic to want to actually learn a thing or two, but please do me a favor and don't lump me in the "creationist" talk I have said over 100 times I don't support Creation, and I don't support Man Evolve from a warm liquid pool of DNA but it seems to me many of you can't grasp that thought.

Your limited minds can't comprehend that there are actually people on earth that maybe have a "3rd view" on this subject.

Your all like a bunch of rednecks in a bar arguing about if Coke is better than Pepsi and I walk in with a Sprite.

Your all to busy trying to "win" an argument and show your witty putdowns to each other you really have no clue what the debate is really about or even know why your reading it.

So for the last time get past the Bible Thumper's and Creationist smack and post facts and honest opinions for a change.

raise the mental bar!

What we know already....the rate of Earth's rotation decreases across rather lengthy stretches of time. For example, observations are tabled for some 374 years (from 1623 CE to 1997 CE).
    Throughout the many years covered in this table, it is apparent that the length of the solar-day was a fraction of a second faster than 86,400 seconds about 41 percent of the time. It is equally apparent that the length of the solar-day was a fraction of a second slower than 86,400 seconds about 59 percent of the time.

Now with that knowledge we have would it make sense the earth is "4Billion" years old?

remember you would increase the Earth's speed of ration to go back that far which any 7th grade Science book will tell you if something spins fast you have inertia.

How would the Dinosaurs stay on earth at those speeds?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Galileo is on that list.

The church had him under house arrest for the last few years of his life because they claimed some of his scientific theories to be heresy.

.........and Roman Catholics still want to claim him as one of their own.

Sons of es.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Religion is evil when politicians use it to justify their actions.

And that saying you have in quotes is ridiculous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Mouse, what is your theory on how humans got here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    mouse is still lifting word-for-word from Creationists websites.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    mouse is still lifting word-for-word from Creationists websites.
    But don't call him a creationist! Or an evolutionist!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That was an incredible 10 minutes; thanks for sharing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    raise the mental bar!

What we know already....the rate of Earth's rotation decreases across rather lengthy stretches of time. For example, observations are tabled for some 374 years (from 1623 CE to 1997 CE).
    Throughout the many years covered in this table, it is apparent that the length of the solar-day was a fraction of a second faster than 86,400 seconds about 41 percent of the time. It is equally apparent that the length of the solar-day was a fraction of a second slower than 86,400 seconds about 59 percent of the time.

Now with that knowledge we have would it make sense the earth is "4Billion" years old?

remember you would increase the Earth's speed of ration to go back that far which any 7th grade Science book will tell you if something spins fast you have inertia.

How would the Dinosaurs stay on earth at those speeds?

That may be the single stupidest thing you have ever posted, and that is saying something.

Claim CE011:
    Earth's rotation is slowing down, so it cannot be more than a few million years old.
    Debunked:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE011.html

I know you are trolling, but sheesh, can you find something a bit better?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotational_inertia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_rotation

Using the radians per second, we can ferret out our angular moment.
    Radians per second:
    The angular speed of Earth's rotation in inertial space is (7.2921150 ± 0.0000001) ×10−5 radians per SI second
    Since this is our v, then getting our v^2, gets us a very, very, very small number.
    Acceleration needed to overcome gravity: 9.81 m/s^2

So our angular velocity is .0000729*.0000729, or

0.00000000531441 m/s^2

This would need to equal 9.8 to throw us off the planet.

9.8/0.00000000531441

We would have to be spinning 1,844,042,894 times faster to throw us from the surface of the planet, at the equator, where our velocity is at its fastest.

This would mean our "day" would have to be .000005 seconds long.

That is funny, and I learned a bit about how angular momentum works.

------------------------
    What scientists actually say about how much it slows down:

1.The earth's rotation is slowing at a rate of about 0.005 seconds per year per year. This extrapolates to the earth having a fourteen-hour day 4.6 billion years ago, which is entirely possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    RandomLie

welcome back.

this tree found fossilized between layers of rock that "Scientist" claim are "Millions" of years old De-bunkes any fossil charts or time lines Science claims it takes for fossilization to take place,
    But The Text books don't show any updates

Last edited by mouse; 04-21-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    That's very clearly not a tree.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Neither your or I witnessed what actually happened, but the apostles who did were willing to go to their (often horrific) deaths saying it did. If it didn't happen, they had nothing to gain and everything to lose, and their actions don't make any sense.

Thread Information