Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After long stretch of bad form offensively, watch out for the Cardinals, been getting a few hits lately

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    After long stretch of bad form offensively, watch out for the Cardinals, been getting a few hits lately
    Same with an actual NL West team, the Diamondbacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dodgers are in a bad form offensively right now
    all the young pitchers lost confidence or the pitchers figured it out where they can not hit it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giants looking good. Where are the dodger people? lol

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can never stay up late enough to watch an entire game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never stay up late enough to watch an entire game.
    It was a rhetorical question

I haven't commented much because I've followed baseball/the Giants less this year than I ever have before.

, I had barely ever even heard of some of the guys who played in the all-star game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bauer sucks y does not listen to anyone
    walks to many people in minors walks more in pros
    send him back to double a NOW

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I am going to flip my if the Diamondbacks trade Upton and prospects like Skaggs and Corban for an overpaid Lee or Hernandez.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Diamondbacks may ultimately have won the trade deadline for not over-thinking things, and trading key pieces for pennies on the dollar of what they are actually worth. This team really is stacked offensively with six guys that are inconsistent, but effective all-around, who each can carry an offense when hot, and if two or three get going at once like has happened recently, they are one of the best teams in the NL.

I still don't understand the Breslow for Albers/Podsednick deal, but I figure it's a wash and Podsednick is an experienced bat in case of injury or, maybe for the playoff roster at the expense of a Chris Young who might be cold at the plate? Albers has strikeout rates that the Diamondbacks coveted from a late-reliever.

What helps elevate the Diamondbacks moves to the top is the acquisition of 3B Chris Johnson. He's been injured some this year, but is healthy now, and just last season he hit over .300, and with the Diamondbacks he is hitting .545 with 2 HR, 7 RBI. For the year the Diamondbacks had bottom-3 production from 3rd. If they can get even league average from 3rd, they'll be better than most think. But it's what the Diamondbacks gave up that makes it so great, in that they gave up a DH-type of hitting prospect who'd hit his ceiling as a AA slugger (Krauss) and a talent, but under-achieving talent who has more strikeouts in his minor league career than hits and walks combined (Borchering). They were two of the Diamondbacks bottom-20 prospects, and they brought back a club-controlled, inexpensive, short-to-long-term option at 3B who is already winning them games.

Unlikes the Dodgers' big-name 3B who costs 5Xs as much and who's done less in 3X the games, Johnson gets it and the records of 3-0 vs. 3-5.

Hanley just got shut the down by the Diamondbacks backend of the rotation.

Should the Giants lose tonight, Diamondbacks will be just 2.5 back, and with Kennedy having a sub-2.5 ERA the last three starts, Miley finding his stride, and the offense finally finding its groove together, they could make that up pretty quick.

Or it could fall completely apart, but this is starting to feel like last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard they had upton for dempster and others
    they trade j-up this offseason when his value is at lowest I will be ticked

dbacks calling up corbin saying he was the best starter out there was smart!
    corbin>bauer
    hanley has done jack the last 2 years

j-up turn it around like matt kemp did in 2010 next year as a dback

goldy just destroys the nl west
    he is over .344 against west

Albers is suppose to be like david
    starter made to reliever
    throws just as hard
    Podsednick has more power then overbay makes sence

but I heard they made the boston trade thinking j-up and the cubs would get a deal done and needed another outfielder..

I just pray that j-up does something this postseason and the owner will be stuck with j-up instead of trading him

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Corbin is not better than Bauer. Not even close. He's far more ready, thanks to several years in the minors (as opposed to less than one full year for Bauer), so he's better right now, but by 2015, Bauer will be a great #1 or #2. He has to focus on three pitches. The gimmick of 6 or more is too much variety. Focus on Fastball, changeup and slurve, as those are his three best, then work on an occasional true slider or curve for three or four times a game. Then, work on location of fastball and change. These will aid him the most, so master them first. Next, stop trying to strike everyone out. Trust the fastball placement, trust the changeup placement, and get quick outs.

It's all doable, none has anything to do with his approach or preparation.

That said, Corbin and Miley are great examples of how very good pitchers can be a great impact thanks to extensive coaching in the minors. Both will be great as the 4/5 in rotation after Bauer, Skaggs and Kennedy fill out the front three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bauer needs to work on 3 pitches and get them masterd
    heck josh won 10 games with 2 pitches

dbacks got lucky no one bit

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/8/1/321...patrick-corbin

oh and if you pitch corbin 4 or 5 he will be greater then then the other teams 4 or 5 starter by far

I bet my life the yankees or boston wished they had the dbacks pitching prospects and corbin and miley

I sure hope the dbacks learned their lesson on trading parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and dbacks were further back this time of year then last year
    however they were 6 or 7 games more above .500

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and dbacks were further back this time of year then last year
    however they were 6 or 7 games more above .500

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Also, Podsednick was granted his release, so he's not even on the team.

What I heard they offered for Garza was Cahill/Corbin/B-level prospect like Winkler, Marshall, Eaton, etc.

Apparently nobody wants Cahill. I'm still pissed we traded Parker for him. Imagine Arizona's flexibility for trade if they still had Parker, then could add one of either Miley or Corbin? They easily would have had Garza, and probably could have had Josh Johnson if they wanted with that package.

Lastly, the Diamondbacks have an All-Star in Miley, and great looking young starter in Corbin, and still have their #1 (Bauer), #2 (Skaggs), #3 (Bradley), #4 (Holmberg), #5 (Chafin) and #9 (Meo) to call from for trade or call up. Prospects 1-3 need to be untouchable, and one of Chafin or Meo need to be as well. I'm fine with trading Holmberg and either Chafin or Meo with any of our #15-20 pitching prospects come the offseason for a legit #3 starter with some success in the playoffs. Someone who's been in the bigs for 5-7 years, is approaching or just turned 30 and who's been on some teams who faced pressure. Garza is ideal. Might have to showcase and include a Corbin with Holmberg and a latter prospect, but it'd be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cringe when cahill pitches in chase field

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this chris johnson guy has a bat

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    For two C-level prospects, only one of whom is likely to play in the bigs and who's under club control for several more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Giants and the Dodgers are really gearing up for an epic finish. Time to start paying attention to baseball again

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Stats say the Diamondbacks should be much better than they are. Underachieving assholes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats say the Diamondbacks should be much better than they are. Underachieving assholes...
    still think they have enough young talent to be in the mix for the foreseeable future, despite this lackluster year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if dbacks do not give j-up and ian away dbacks have a bright future
    right now dbacks can not hit good pitching
    dbacks were 4-6 against teams above .500
    now they play 10 games that teams are below .500
    I expect they need to be 10-0 in order to do anything. dbacks still face giants 9 times and dodgers 6 times.

dbacks have never won more then 4 in a row this year they stay around .500 it stinks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if dbacks do not give j-up and ian away dbacks have a bright future
    right now dbacks can not hit good pitching
    dbacks were 4-6 against teams above .500
    now they play 10 games that teams are below .500
    I expect they need to be 10-0 in order to do anything. dbacks still face giants 9 times and dodgers 6 times.

dbacks have never won more then 4 in a row this year they stay around .500 it stinks
    So can you arrange it so that you guys lose to the giants and sweep the dodgers?

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    j-up needs to work on hitting breaking balls this offseason
    pitchers are not giving him the pitches he had last year when he was 4 in mvp voting

Thread Information