Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Independent blows. I'd wait for at least Sky Sports to reports its verity.

I also wouldn't believe anything from the Spanish media (Marca, Mundo Deportivo, AS) because they will report anything they hear.
    That's why I hate gossip football blog sites, they'll say anything for traffic. Saying that, I was made aware of this site and it's been pretty cool.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Foo...al/All+Sources

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Pink Panther

Rmsy

Diby
    Glassman Diaby, farts and is out for the season with a burst hymen

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Diaby breathes too hard and is out for the season with a collapsed lung

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    WTF @ considering selling RvP to Man United. I'd rather give him up on a free transfer to Everton.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    But yeah, I'd make a mess up in here if we signed Llorente and M'Vila.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    But yeah, I'd make a mess up in here if we signed Llorente and M'Vila.
    EPL = fcked

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sunds like Sahin to LFC is getting closer - Mourinho vetoed Arsenal because we wanted a purchase option.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes

@LFCZA Thanks for the publicity! When I said they'll know quickly on Sahin, they do now know. Loan deal to be announced late tonight or tmrw

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    that being said,

YOU ROBIN VAN PERSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaacked

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wow, RVP and Song possibly being sold before the likes of Chamakh, Park and Squillaci... my life.

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    Rooney + RVP

EPL = fcked

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow wtf Arsenal. Really?

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    This is like the Spurs trading 2003-5 Duncan to the Mavs.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Glass Legs Van Persie, has one good season and bolts

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Glass Legs Van Persie, has one good season and bolts
    Most butthurt post ever

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Most butthurt post ever
    04-05 - Calf injury, season cut short
    05-06 - out with broken toe
    06-07 - fractured right foot
    07-08 - knee injury
    09-10 - ankle injury, out five months
    10-11 - out with knee injury

Enjoy damaged goods bro!

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    $34.5 million for an injury prone 29 year old with 11 months in his contract? Sounds like a good deal for Arsenal. Let's hope this passes the medical exam though

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    04-05 - Calf injury, season cut short
    05-06 - out with broken toe
    06-07 - fractured right foot
    07-08 - knee injury
    09-10 - ankle injury, out five months
    10-11 - out with knee injury

Enjoy damaged goods bro!
    if he is useless, why are you mad that he left

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    if he is useless, why are you mad that he left

Where am I mad? I've been saying we should get rid of him for like a month. Read back.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Just posting this for s and giggles

Chicharito!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...hester-1263074

United striker Javier Hernandez, having dropped down the front-line pecking order at United with the arrival of van Persie, could move the other way to Arsenal.

Hernandez, who endured a difficult second season at United last term, is said to be frustrated at the inevitable lack of opportunities to start now van Persie has joined, amid unconfirmed reports he has told Ferguson he wants to leave.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Chicharito !

RVP & big club status leave Arsenal on the same day.

Posted by Kristian Jack on August 15, 2012

A mother and her young son approached me at a children’s indoor playground recently and wanted to talk to me about football. I’d never met them before but her boy, who was no older than ten, was a big fan of the game and wanted to chat. He had a problem. He loved the Premier League, something he had discovered in the last year, knew the players but needed a team to follow regularly and wanted my advice. I thought long and hard and after finding out a little more about him I finished my advice off with five words.

Don’t become an Arsenal fan.

Modern day football and super power clubs with mega rich owners have swallowed the hopes of compe ive football clubs around the globe in the last decade. Fantastic, proud clubs with a history of winning things like Newcastle, Everton, Aston Villa, Tottenham and even Liverpool, of late, have realised they now start seasons with no chance of winning their domestic league. Fans may not like it but they still watch and average crowds have never been bigger at their grounds. They know their club’s iden y much like fans of Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea know theirs. They now expect to win every year.

Sitting in between these two groups are Arsenal fans who don’t even fit in their own group because their own club splits their opinions right down the middle. There are those who believe in Wenger and those who no longer do. Either way, both groups still believe their team can win it all.

Those who believe in Wenger either do so because what he did a decade ago or enjoy supporting a football club that is financially sustainable. They quote FFP and believe that one day Arsenal will be laughing while other super giant clubs come crashing down. The problem with this notion is that other super giant clubs are not only better than Arsenal at football but also at generating revenue through commercial and sponsorship revenue. They are also better than Arsenal at consuming debt that will be allowed through FFP (to think FFP will regulate football clubs to spend less than they make, like Arsenal, is naive). And now they are far better than Arsenal at keeping players.

Footballers want two things in their careers, lots of money and trophies. The problem Arsenal have had in the last eight years is that they have not needed to find the key to their trophy cabinet. The cabinet, full of wonderful moments of the past, does nothing for modern day players when they walk by it. Van Persie was surely sold on it when he joined the club in May of 2004 and how could he have not have been? Arsenal had just won four major domestic honours in four years. They were a club who expected to win often. Over eight years later the Dutchman departs North London with one FA Cup medal from the 2005 final, a game in which he played just 24 minutes in as a second half subs ute.

There will be those today who chastise Van Persie for leaving a football club that made him and paid him well during his time but the facts are the facts and one cup medal for eight years service at a club he believed was a serious contender for all compe ions is not a worthy return for a player of his abilities. Van Persie has chosen to sign for a football club that every year gives their fans and players a real shot at winning everything.

His departure continues a trend at the football club that they, very much like the clubs named in the second group above, are now a selling club. They have created a message to players that now reads ‘come to our club, make yourself a star and one day you will win trophies – for other clubs’.

‘In Arsene We Trust’ members will rejoice today that they sold a 29-year-old player for 24 million pounds in the last year of his deal when in reality they sold their chances at winning the Premier League for that price. Sure, their signings this summer have made them stronger but with Van Persie in that team they were good enough to challenge the two Manchester clubs for the le. Without him they are now a side who will once again comfortably finish in the top four and somehow celebrate it like it is a significant achievement, when in reality all they have done is beaten a bunch of average teams for the right to finish close to the top teams in position only.

The record books will show the club finished third last season but those who witnessed it will tell you it was one of the worst seasons since Wenger came aboard, despite Van Persie’s fantastic 30 goal campaign. The club never came close to challenging, was out of all major compe ions by the end of February and needed to get better. Instead, they sold their best player. Robin Van Persie would not have been the first player to stick around for a year, fulfill his contract and then leave for nothing and Arsenal fans who think that 24 million pounds is better than that scenario have clearly forgotten the joy fans get when their team wins something.

They may also not have considered that their club, for the second successive season, sold a top player to one of the three clubs who had legitimate shot at getting in their way of winning trophies this season. Van Persie will not return to the Emirates until April 27th and fans ready to give it to him that day should be reminded that it will be the first time in a number of years that the Dutchman will play a game in that stadium that late in the season that meant something in terms of the Premier League le.

Don’t be mad at the player, Arsenal fans. Today’s departure firmly puts you in a diffierent category. You are a great club with a great history but no longer one that is big enough to win and keep hold of the world’s best players.

Kristian Jack

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Hopefully they do something productive with all that cash

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    RVP.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count

btw I really don't think Chicharito would say that, I hate the fact that they got RVP because of Chicharito.. but as a ManU fan it's badass news because this should make ManU favorites.

Thread Information