Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    IF that M'Vila deal goes through, they'll be a better team than they were last year. Especially if Wilshere regains his form quickly.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    IF that M'Vila deal goes through, they'll be a better team than they were last year. Especially if Wilshere regains his form quickly.
    Even better if Diaby doesn't injure something par for the course. Was really impressed with him vs Sunderland.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    We staaaaaacked

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    We staaaaaacked

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    *cough* Navas *cough*

Wenger has moved on to stockpiling Spanish players now. The French well has ran dry.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Did you get that from Sulia? Yeah, Sulia is . I'd bet on Llorente coming to Arsenal has a higher probability than Jesus Navas.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    don't know what sulia is but I read it on several websites which are regurgitating what as.com started.

I read his buyout is on the high side though and I'm pretty sure if there was an even outside chance to side him, it would be to replace Walcott if things go sour with him and is sold. But yeah, just having with rumors.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    A physical defensive midfielder would definitely be good after Song's departure.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    D ‏@AFCAMDEN
    Breaking injury news: Woijcech Szczesny is doubtful for Sunday's clash with Stoke. Last minute decision will be made on him.

And the drama goes on...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Unleash Fabianski!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    we staaaaaacked
    d ‏@afcamden
    breaking injury news: Woijcech szczesny is doubtful for sunday's clash with stoke. Last minute decision will be made on him.

And the drama goes on...

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, I was laughing at this quote by Wenger

We have more problems saying no than getting a yes. You would be surprised at the people who want to join us. Why? Because we are at the top of the European game.
    Way to blow smoke up our collective asses.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ANd this is why I hate Arsenal

Wenger, ing hypocrit

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsene has French, Polish and then German players. I see what he's trying to do here.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Arsene has French, Polish and then German players. I see what he's trying to do here.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    @AFCAMDEN
    Wenger's on the look out for "A top, top class midfielder". Looking to spend up to £20m on the right player. Reluctant to buy avg/unproven
    https://twitter.com/#!/search/%20%40AFCAMDEN

Arsenal ing blowing it,they better do work today.

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
    Oh Dear, Vito Mannone is in goal today. Confirmed. I feel its best we keep the rest of the team quiet until a bit later.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    oi arsenal wankn club

dont u think ur team is starting to go down the road of those great roster serie-a clubs who all went broke and started a fire sale of its players....starting to resemble like Valencia FC just a few season ago with the fire sale to keep afloat...silva + villa but we are back es!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
    Arsenal team v Stoke: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Cazorla, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Apparently, Song never wanted to leave. (Feeder club just doing what feeder clubs do...profiting on players)

"I woke up and read those things in the paper and was really surprised and disappointed. I love Arsenal, I never wanted to leave," Song told the Sun on Sunday.

"I was ready to commit my future to the club. All I wanted were talks about a new contract but each time we were due to sit down, the club postponed it. I was fobbed off. I wanted a new five-year contract at Arsenal. In the end I got one - at Barcelona.

"I had been trying for eight months to start talking about a new long-term deal but the club kept postponing me all the time, saying 'You have three years left'. I hadn't talked about money, I just wanted to sit down and discuss a new deal - I wanted to commit my career to the club I loved.

"Then out of the blue, Barcelona came in for me. And, suddenly, I was wanted by the biggest club in the world and they wanted to give me a five-year deal."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rsenal?cc=5901

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal looked awful again today (except the defense). Some thoughts

- Backline is looking very, very good. Mertesacker and Vermaelen are controlling the center quite well and making confident decisions> Gibbs and Jenkinson were also excellent, stopping wide attacks and then charging down the lines to aid the midfielders. Gibbs did a particularly good job of this

- Arteta was everywhere, showing a great motor and helping out his defenders.

- Mannone was serviceable...Thankfully he wasn't really tested much. Needs to improve his clearances.

Now the bad...

-Giroud and Podolski were terrible...again. I realize it's early and they have to get settled with their new teammates, but still. Podolski doesn't seem like he wants to go directly at anyone with the dribble, usually the most effective way to break down a strong defense. He also appears a bit lazy at times and isn't very good at putting pressure on defenders in order to generate mistakes and turnovers. His work rate needs to go up, and his tendency to stand around and wait for a perfect service needs to go down (away).

Giroud? Dude just looks a bit lost. He made multiple bad decisions today, the worst being to shoot from 40+ ing yards instead of hitting an open man who had nothing between himself and the goal. His crosses were mostly awful as well. The other thing I noticed was his tendency to float toward the middle of the field, ruining the shape of the front line and then being out of position for balls that he could have taken advantage of. He also didn't use his outside backs very well, missing a few opportunities to send them on runs down the flank

For both of these guys, much of what they're doing can/will be fixed in time once they become more familiar with their squadmates. But laziness and a lack of awareness are troubling aspects that can't be blamed on being a noob.

Gervinho needs to go at peoplePERIOD. He was probably the worst of the front line, awful in almost every aspect, which is saying a lot (considering how ty Podolski/Giroud were). However, he's the guy that can definitely break people down with the dribble and then use his speed to crack defenses open. Maybe some day he'll live up to his potential

- Midfield? Eh, Arsenal generated far more chances the week before against Sunderland. Basically everyone played better in the previous fixture except, maybe, Arteta. Cazorla definitely showed some frustration out there today, imo, which is why he was brought off by Wenger. I'd be frustrated too if I was servicing the likes of Podolski/Gervinho/Giroud. Diaby made some nice runs and even had a possible chance in front of goal, but looked like a deer in the headlights and muffed it. Although they dominated possession, it was only a so-so day for those guys.

A frustrating day. Some of these issues will get worked out, but some are certainly worrisome going forward. Arsene will need to get a better handle on personnel configurations, and the newbies up front will have to develop a better rapport with the midfield as well as the outside backs. Seems like teams have already figured out that if you stuff the middle and slow down Cazorla, then the gunners will get bogged down.

Feel a bit better after venting...but only a little. Liverpool is gonna wax that ass if things don't improve by next week

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal looked awful again today (except the defense). Some thoughts

- Backline is looking very, very good. Mertesacker and Vermaelen are controlling the center quite well and making confident decisions> Gibbs and Jenkinson were also excellent, stopping wide attacks and then charging down the lines to aid the midfielders. Gibbs did a particularly good job of this

- Arteta was everywhere, showing a great motor and helping out his defenders.

- Mannone was serviceable...Thankfully he wasn't really tested much. Needs to improve his clearances.

Now the bad...

-Giroud and Podolski were terrible...again. I realize it's early and they have to get settled with their new teammates, but still. Podolski doesn't seem like he wants to go directly at anyone with the dribble, usually the most effective way to break down a strong defense. He also appears a bit lazy at times and isn't very good at putting pressure on defenders in order to generate mistakes and turnovers. His work rate needs to go up, and his tendency to stand around and wait for a perfect service needs to go down (away).

Giroud? Dude just looks a bit lost. He made multiple bad decisions today, the worst being to shoot from 40+ ing yards instead of hitting an open man who had nothing between himself and the goal. His crosses were mostly awful as well. The other thing I noticed was his tendency to float toward the middle of the field, ruining the shape of the front line and then being out of position for balls that he could have taken advantage of. He also didn't use his outside backs very well, missing a few opportunities to send them on runs down the flank

For both of these guys, much of what they're doing can/will be fixed in time once they become more familiar with their squadmates. But laziness and a lack of awareness are troubling aspects that can't be blamed on being a noob.

Gervinho needs to go at peoplePERIOD. He was probably the worst of the front line, awful in almost every aspect, which is saying a lot (considering how ty Podolski/Giroud were). However, he's the guy that can definitely break people down with the dribble and then use his speed to crack defenses open. Maybe some day he'll live up to his potential

- Midfield? Eh, Arsenal generated far more chances the week before against Sunderland. Basically everyone played better in the previous fixture except, maybe, Arteta. Cazorla definitely showed some frustration out there today, imo, which is why he was brought off by Wenger. I'd be frustrated too if I was servicing the likes of Podolski/Gervinho/Giroud. Diaby made some nice runs and even had a possible chance in front of goal, but looked like a deer in the headlights and muffed it. Although they dominated possession, it was only a so-so day for those guys.

A frustrating day. Some of these issues will get worked out, but some are certainly worrisome going forward. Arsene will need to get a better handle on personnel configurations, and the newbies up front will have to develop a better rapport with the midfield as well as the outside backs. Seems like teams have already figured out that if you stuff the middle and slow down Cazorla, then the gunners will get bogged down.

Feel a bit better after venting...but only a little. Liverpool is gonna wax that ass if things don't improve by next week
    Wtf? Which game did you watch? He can still play better, true, but he was definitely one of the better players out there together with Cazorla and Arteta. Concerning Podolski your observations are completely the opposite from the guys in the official forum. Interesting I agree though on your takes concerning Arteta and the defence. The latter wasn't tested much though.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wtf? Which game did you watch? He can still play better, true, but he was definitely one of the better players out there together with Cazorla and Arteta. Concerning Podolski your observations are completely the opposite from the guys in the official forum. Interesting I agree though on your takes concerning Arteta and the defence. The latter wasn't tested much though.
    Who are you talking about here... Giroud? Or Diaby?

also, link to the thread/article you're referencing, not just the forum

Edit: nevermind, found it. I saw what I saw. Maybe my expectations are too high or maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. Regardless, the fact remains that there are zero goals on the board, so to see this fixture as a net positive for Podolski/Giroud is disingenuous.

Also, I'm not a homer. Something that is rare to find at Arsenal Mania.
    Last edited by symple19; 08-26-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Thread Information