Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yossi Benayoun: My loan spell with arsenal will be officially over tomorrow..I want to say again a big thanks to the fans and the club
    Yossi Benayoun: For the opportunity and the great support and I wish this club all the very best!
    Yossi Benayoun
    classy fkn Arsenal wanker
    why do you have to leave instead of Djourou or Diaby

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/220555088803020801

Robin van Persie makes the announcement he will not sign a new Arsenal contract in a statement on his official website

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

No new Arsenal deal - Robin van Persie

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has announced that he will not be signing a new deal at the club.

The 28-year-old, who has a year left on his current contract, confirmed that he had met with manager Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis.

But he revealed that they disagree on the way the club should move forward.

"I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract," the Dutchman wrote on his personal website.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    unstacked

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Hardly surprising. RvP has been around long enough to realize that Arsenal is bound for "mediocrity at the top" (if that makes any sense) for years to come (and already has been for years) and that they don't seem too busy about changing anything about it.
    I guess as a 28-year old, you might want to start winning some trophies, and they don't do that at Arsenal these days.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    With the signings of Podolski and Giroud, gotta wonder if they knew this was going to happen and were heading in a different direction. Wow, this ing sucks. I'm in disbelief.

Might he come to my favorite second team, Juventus? Yeah... bittersweet.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    But he still has a year left in his current contract and Arsenal might sell him off if he's not going to sign an extension, correct? Man, wow...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Get him, Floflo Perez

Get him

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    you Gazidis!

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Get him, Floflo Perez

Get him
    off Real Madrid. Yeah, I'm mad. And I'm gonna get ing wasted later!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Former Gunner is mad

Wasnt Merson an alcoholic ?

Robin van Persie will regret decision to leave Arsenal says Paul Merson

PA

Wednesday 04 July 2012

inShare

Print
    A A A
    Email

Latest in Premier League

Robin van Persie tells Arsenal: 'I've decided not to extend my contract'

Tottenham snatch signature of Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson

Former Rangers striker Steven Naismith signs for Everton

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge hopeful of making Olympics after contracting viral meningitis

I am privileged to get Tottenham job, says new manager Andre Villas-Boas

Vladimir Weiss set for Manchester City exit

AC Milan reveal admiration for Liverpool and England striker Andy Carroll

Alberto Aquilani seeking assurances from Liverpool over future

Paris Saint Germain deny interest in Chelsea captain John Terry

Caption compe ion

News in pictures

140 Sport blogs

iBet: Victoria Azarenka has looked impressive at Wimbledon

We are nicely ahead at Wimbledon thanks to our lay of women’s favourite Maria Sharapova coming good,...

iBet: Tour de France favourites

There has been a wholesale gamble on Bradley Wiggins to win the Tour De France, as everything has fa...

On The Road: Team Sky are more Formula One than professional cycling

The team convoy was stuck in gridlocked traffic outside town when a policeman on a motorbike appeare...

Suggested Topics

Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson has warned Robin van Persie he will regret his decision to leave the Gunners.

Skipper Van Persie this afternoon revealed on his official website he would not extend his contract, which runs out at the end of the 2012-13 season.
    The 28-year-old cited his desire to win trophies as a key reason for his decision, with Arsenal yet to win any silverware since 2005.
    Despite that Merson believes Van Persie, who scored 37 goals in all compe ions for the Gunners last term, will live to regret leaving Emirates Stadium and warned that he would be "slaughtered" by Gunners fans if he is unable to secure a move before the new campaign.
    "Not many players leave Arsenal, very rarely, and don't regret it. It's an unbelievable club," Merson told Sky Sports News.
    "It's perfect. I'd have liked him to stick it out.
    "I'm a bit gutted really. He's burnt his bridges. If he comes back and they don't sell him the fans are going to slaughter him.
    "They'll be devastated. He's a top-drawer player. World class."
    Big-spending Manchester City loom as the most likely suitor for Van Persie as they look to further strengthen after their breakthrough Barclays Premier League success last term.
    Former Gunners striker Alan Smith does not believe, however, that the Dutchman was swayed to turn his back on the club by the riches the likes of City can offer.
    "From what I have heard from people close to Robin he's not motivated by money," he said.
    "I think at his age, he's 28, it's about winning medals. He's in his peak years now. I truly believe in this case he wants to win things in the next few years when he can.
    "That doesn't reflect well, of course, on Arsenal. It's really disappointing from Arsenal's point of view.
    "But Robin van Persie is looking at the next few years when he's 28, 29, 30; he thinks they can't win trophies. You don't want to say it but you probably have to agree with him."
    Smith fears Van Persie's departure is set to widen the gap between the Gunners and those clubs at the top of the Premier League.
    While Wenger has already brought in Lukas Podolski and Oliver Giroud to boost his forward options, Smith is unconvinced they can match Van Persie's influence.
    "He's got a lot of hard thinking to do now, Arsene Wenger," he said.
    "He's brought in Giroud and Podolski but can they replace the 37 goals he got last season? They are going to have to for Arsenal just to stand still let alone move forward.
    "It's a double blow for Arsenal because they've also lost a captain, and a good captain too.
    "It's going to be very difficult to make up the points they trailed Manchester City last season.
    "I'm not saying, though, that they've got no chance at all."
    Former midfielder Ray Parlour believes Van Persie had made up his mind to leave the club before the end of last season.
    "I think he knew three or four months ago that he wasn't going to stay," he said.
    "That's football these days. People move on quickly. Arsenal have to accept it and move on."
    With Van Persie set to fetch top dollar Parlour has urged Arsenal to immediately reinvest the money in the squad.
    The Gunners hierarchy were criticised for failing to spend following the departures of Cesc Fabregas - also skipper when he left for Barcelona - and fellow midfielder Samir Nasri.
    Parlour is hopeful that situation will not occur again, adding: "There is talk he could get £25million to £30million. If that is the case it has to be invested straight back into the club.
    "When Fabregas and Nasri left the money wasn't invested back in. They need to spend the amount they get and maybe more as well.
    "Maybe they can get two or more players with this money."
    PA

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Van Persie's letter to Arsenal fans in full

The captain has confirmed that he will not sign a new deal at the Emirates, claiming that he and Arsene Wenger 'in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward'

4 Jul 2012 18:32:00

More On : Arsenal FC, Robin van Persie

Comments

Awesome

Dislike

Getty Images

The letter from Robin Van Persie to the Arsenal fans in full, taken from the player's official website:

"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what's really going on at the moment.
    Don't Miss

Open an account with Sportingbet today and get up to £50 in free bets!

WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG?
    September 2011
    Van Persie refuses to enter talks over a new deal: "I still have almost two years left, so for the moment that's fine. I'm happy with my contract. I can't look into the future. I can't see us talking now because we are so busy." May 04, 2012 Wenger hopeful that Van Persie will sign a new deal: "Who would want to lose his best player? My desire and my wish is to find an agreement with Robin van Persie, extend the contract and stay with us for a longer time. Hopefully we can reach that." July 4, 2012 Reveals on his personal website that he will not sign a new deal with Arsenal as his hopes for the club are not matched by Wenger. "As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season.

"This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

"I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract.

"You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC.

"Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.

"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

Robin van Persie

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    He's Got Skills! He's Dutch! He Doesn't Win Much! He's Van Persieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Piers Morgan: If you go to Manchester City @Persie_Official - you'll be dead to me. DEAD.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal should make a scrub a captain next year. Who do we have on the list?

Chamakh, Diaby, Djourou, Squillaci...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Morgan is such a butthurt got

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Arsenal

Same , different season.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    adebayr

Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    ESPN Soccernet: Arsenal's second-biggest shareholders, Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri, have written an open letter to owner Stan Kroenke...
    ESPN Soccernet: ...They have expressed "deep reservations" about how the American is running the club...
    ESPN Soccernet: ..."we are faced with losing our true marquee player" because we cannot "give confidence that we can win trophies."
    Arsenal plunged into civil war as Usmanov blasts chief Kroenke after RVP bombs

Arsenal are threatening to head into meltdown after Alisher Usmanov launched an attack on the club.

After being hit by Robin van Persie's refusal to sign a new contract, the Gunners hierarchy have now been questioned in an open letter from Red & White Holdings - which is fronted by Russian billionaire Usmanov.

It turns up the heat on owner Stan Kroenke as the club battles to stay among the Barclays Premier League's elite.

Arsenal's second-biggest shareholders have written to Kroenke expressing 'deep reservations' about how the American is running the club.

Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri claim that a 'tight' financial regime is leading to manager Arsene Wenger selling his best players and 'having to continue to find cheaper replacements.'

They complain that 'we are faced with losing our true marquee player' because we cannot 'give confidence that we can win trophies,' asking 'where are the safeguards to ensure that this doesn't happen again and again?'

The pair own just under 30 per cent of Arsenal through investment company Red & White but haven't been allowed on the board by Kroenke.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Eh it. I've come to terms with what transpired. Sell his ass and use the money to fill out the roster... cheap s.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Another Frenchie to Arsenal? Apparently Hugo Lloris is going sign. 12-15 mil for a goalkeeper.

Thread Information