Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    finally a good GK for arsenal since david seaman (who wasn't that great)

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsene Wenger bets an ice cream that Robin van Persie will stay at Arsenal

Arsène Wenger has insisted there is no chance of Robin van Persie going to Juventus – and told an Italian journalist he would even buy him an ice cream if any deal went through.

The Arsenal captain has been targeted throughout Euro 2012 by the Italian champions, who dispatched Pavel Nedved to talk to the 28-year-old. They have also opened tentative negotiations with the Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski.

However, Wenger, who is working as a commentator for French television, said a move to Turin would have little attraction for Van Persie.

"He will stay at Arsenal," Wenger told the Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A – in terms of the prestige of the league, the level of play or financial considerations.

"If he moves there, I will buy you a caramello," Wenger concluded.

With one year remaining on his contract, Van Persie's future at club level remains in limbo. His father has said he will not consider another English club. However, talks with Arsenal's chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, reached no immediate conclusion and there have been no public declarations of interest by either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A – in terms of the prestige of the league, the level of play or financial considerations.
    Wenger didn't mention anything about winning championships.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    I could see Real or Barca putting in a bid for RvP soon. I think Higuain would be a great player for Arsenal to buy, because he'd be cheaper than RvP and Higuain is frustrated by not getting regular playing time at Real Madrid. Higuain is a solid finisher too, he normally doesn't waste too many chances, and he's scored 2nd most goals (22) in La Liga for Madrid even though he was not a regular starter, as Benzema normally started.

Just comparing the two:
    Benzema: 26 starts, 21 goals
    Higuain: 18 starts, 22 goals

There was only a 1-game difference between total games. Higuain also had significantly less shots. IMO his numbers are pretty impressive, but of course it's Real Madrid vs. La Liga.

If Podolski is going to play as a winger, then Arsenal will need another traditional center forward, and I could see Higuain wanting to move there as he would be the best CF at the club getting regular starting time. Makes sense for both clubs now that RvP wants to leave and he realistically won't be going to another EPL club.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    van Persie for Higuain and Sergio Ramos

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    When it rains, it pours.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-doubt?cc=5901
    Walcott future in doubt

Theo Walcott could be set to follow Robin van Persie out of Arsenal with media speculation suggesting that he is unhappy with his captain's desire to leave.

Walcott, 23, is in the same position as Van Persie - with a contract expiring next year - and is thought to be considering his options as the likes of Chelsea, Juventus and PSG have shown interest in the winger.

Surprisingly though, ESPN learned that Harry Redknapp has made discreet enquiries about Walcott's contractual position prior to being sacked at Tottenham, with new manager Andre Villas-Boas also considering a move.

A source told ESPN that Chelsea may not be in the running. "I cannot see Walcott being a prime target for Chelsea, although the final decision will rest with Roman Abramovich," he said. "They have already signed wingers, and are looking for another striker to fill in for the departing Didier Drogba."

The England international has had a mixed few years at the Emirates as he has been the subject of jeering from the Gunners' fans for some below-par performances. However, he has also shown his obvious potential, with the 5-2 win over Tottenham last season (where he was almost hauled off at half-time, before scoring two goals late on) indicative of his overall form.

"You can't play well all season and I was struggling, I don't know why," Walcott said in an interview with the Evening Standard after that game.

"Maybe I took my eye off the game. I am always going to be judged on stats and it has definitely picked up since Spurs."

The recent high-profile arrivals of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud and also the rise of young Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have led to speculation over whether Arsenal might choose to cash in on Walcott this summer, rather than lose him on a free next year.

Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic and Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski are being talked about as possible replacements for Van Persie while Japan winger Ryo Miyaichi could be ready to step up if Walcott also decides to jump ship.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    fkn Arsenal wankers

If they wanna leave, then ing sell them. We're still early in the transfer market. We can find replacements. Robin van Persie though, what a er.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ing zionists

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I don't know how this hasn't been posted yet... holy

HOLY

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    There's a rumor in Twitter that the fkn Arsenal wankers will be sponsored by Adidas next year.

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    lloris hesitating beetween the spurs and arsenal

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    lloris hesitating beetween the spurs and arsenal
    Gone are the days when this was a no-brainer.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Holy , what have they done to Chesney

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Sorry Sir Chesney, but this needs to be said...

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal already have lifted their first trophy of the season: http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/17...nal?tab=report
    Ah, it's going to be a great year ...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol zionists

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Robin van Persie
    grey hair
    Andrey Arshavin

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal already have lifted their first trophy of the season: http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/17...nal?tab=report
    Ah, it's going to be a great year ...
    plastic bear trophy

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    With Ibra in PSG Arsenal may be losing its status as a top french club too.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...eports?cc=5901
    Bids made for Van Persie - reports

Robin van Persie is set to be absent from Arsenal's pre-season tour of Asia amid reports that the Gunners have received offers for the wantaway striker.

Van Persie, 28, revealed this month that he does not intend to sign a new contract with Arsenal, with his current deal due to expire in the summer of 2013.

The Netherlands international said his ambitions were not matched by the Gunners, and interest in signing him has subsequently increased.

The BBC suggested on Friday that Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus have made offers in the region of £15 million for Van Persie, although Arsenal want a fee nearer £30 million. The Guardian, meanwhile, claims United have failed with their first bid.

Arsene Wenger and his players are due to travel to Asia for a tour that begins against a Malaysia XI next Tuesday. Van Persie, though, will not be among those making the trip, according to reports.

Wenger has so far signed forwards Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud after his side finished third in the Premier League last season, with Van Persie scoring 30 of their goals.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    RVP
    Has good season where he doesn't get injured, does something and then bolts
    Arsenal
    Nasri
    Fabregas
    French National Team
    Pink Panther
    Purple Reign
    Prince
    Ramsey

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wenger rejects M'Vila talk, backs Diaby

Rennes anchorman M'Vila, 22, has been a long-term transfer link for the Gunners, with reports stepping up due to the chronic injury problems suffered by Diaby and Jack Wilshere.

But, speaking from Arsenal’s pre-season tour of the Far East, Wenger insisted that Diaby – who is fit and ready to play against a Malaysia XI – will be key to the club’s fortunes.

“No [I am not interested],” Wenger said in reference to M'Vila. “We wait on Diaby and Wilshere.

“When you look we have [Alex] Song, [Aaron] Ramsey, [Francis] Coquelin, Wilshere, Mikel Arteta and Diaby.

“In defensive midfielders and box-to-box players we are not short if they are all coming back. If we have setbacks in pre-season it could be different.”

Diaby, it seems, is key to Wenger’s thoughts. He plays in the same position as M'Vila and the French coach is convinced the 26-year-old is the best man for the job – despite a dreadful injury record that has seen him play 21 Premier League matches in the past two years.

“He is the first player who would be on the France team-sheet in midfield when he is fit. Laurent Blanc said that before the European Championship and he waited a very long time to know if he could play or not. But he couldn't,” Wenger added.

“You can't imagine how happy I am firstly to have him in the squad, because he is an exceptional player. I am cautious but confident because he had two hard weeks and came through it well.”
    OH WOW.

Ramsey
    Diaby
    Arsene Wenger
    backing Diaby

My Team
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    Post Count
    mvila had an awful year. he's regressed.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Nath: I'm told Arsenal have agreed the signing of Cazorla. Outstanding signing. £15m #AFC #Malaga
    PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!

Thread Information