Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2385
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Arsene Wenger: 'Biggest regret' is not signing Cristiano Ronaldo for Arsenal

ESPN FC's Alejandro Moreno explains that if Real Madrid are going to retain the Champions League trophy again this season, they must balance out their defense.
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed the biggest regret of his career was his failure to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, while admitting the player he would have relished the chance to manage is Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
    - McNicholas: Welbeck will be worth the wait for Gunners
    - Ronaldo could return to Old Trafford, says Calderon
    - Debuchy may need ankle surgery
    Wenger told Arsenal sponsor Huawei he was close to bringing Ronaldo to north London before he signed for Manchester United in 2003.
    The forward went on to star for the Red Devils, leading Sir Alex Ferguson's side to four Premier League les and a Champions League triumph before departing in an 80 million-pound move to Real Madrid in 2009.
    "My biggest regret? I was so close to signing Cristiano Ronaldo, and not only did I not get him, he signed for Manchester United. So that of course still hurts today," he stated.
    Cristiano Ronaldo has gone from strength to strength at Real Madrid, and was named the 2013 Ballon d'Or winner.The Gunners boss admitted he has long-admired Drogba, who was so prolific against Arsenal during his first spell at Chelsea.
    "I would have loved to have managed Didier Drogba for two reasons," he continued. "One, I missed him when he played in France at Le Mans, not even in the top league. I knew there was a good player there and I missed him.
    "Secondly because he hurt us so much in the big games. All this pain would not have happened [if he had joined Arsenal]."
    Wenger also says he spends his time away from the game "watching football matches and hoping his rivals lose their matches," and suggested football management is an occupation that requires complete dedication.
    "My job is to win games and be consistent at the top level and when young managers ask for advice, I say: 'Look to sacrifice your life. There is no life out of this job.'
    "We also have to recover from disappointments. Today with the social networks, we must have a huge resistance to stress and be very strong in your guidelines. You must have the guts to put your ideas into action.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Ozil out for up to 3 months with LCL damage.

Arsenal
    Wenger
    Cesc healthy as an ox

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Arsenal
    Wenger
    Cesc healthy as an ox
    We still don't need him

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Arsenal
    Wenger
    Cesc healthy as an ox
    Wenger
    lanky frog
    French cuckold
    creams his morning coffee with José's

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    creams his morning coffee with José's

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Koscielny also injured
    Arsenal

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They have very ty doctors

Big injuries every season

Meanwhile, Diego Costa is fine thanks to :

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    wenger should've abode by his old rule- not signing no player for 20m or more. Even Madrid didn't pay that much for Ozil when they brought him to Bernabeu. Ozil is soft as he's obviously not the right type of player for the premier league imho (there're exceptions though, like David Silva).

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    wenger should've abode by his old rule- not signing no player for 20m or more. Even Madrid didn't pay that much for Ozil when they brought him to Bernabeu. Ozil is soft as he's obviously not the right type of player for the premier league imho (there're exceptions though, like David Silva).
    Arteta is not expensive and he is soft as

Actually half the team is soft as

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Sham Forsyth

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    The whole team has Diaby-itis

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    The whole team has Diaby-itis
    Diaby gets healthy...

...the rest of the squad gets injured.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Diaby gets healthy...

...the rest of the squad gets injured.
    Butterfly effect imo

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Probably better off with Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    If this doesn't get Podolski playing time, then he should really leave the club IMO. This is an utter display of loyalty and ting on the Spurs

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If this doesn't get Podolski playing time, then he should really leave the club IMO. This is an utter display of loyalty and ting on the Spurs
    TBF, it's not like the Spurs would be interested in him either

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

In late 2003, after several impressive performances in his first few Bundesliga games, Polish media suggested then-Polish national team coach Paweł Janas should check Podolski out, as he was still eligible to play for Poland. Janas ignored the request stating in one of the press interviews that "as for today we have much better strikers in Poland and I don't see a reason to call up a player just because he played one or two good matches in the Bundesliga. He's not even a regular starter at his club." By that time Podolski was still interested in representing Poland, but as the season progressed German media increasingly highlighted his performances to suggest he should be called up to the German national team. When his full potential was finally unveiled, he had already decided to represent Germany. At the end of the season Köln were relegated, but Podolski impressed so much, that he held his debut for Rudi Völler's Germany on 6 June 2004, at age 19, in Kaiserslautern against Hungary with a late subs ute appearance. He had become the first second-division player since 1975 to break into the national team.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count

In late 2003, after several impressive performances in his first few Bundesliga games, Polish media suggested then-Polish national team coach Paweł Janas should check Podolski out, as he was still eligible to play for Poland. Janas ignored the request stating in one of the press interviews that "as for today we have much better strikers in Poland and I don't see a reason to call up a player just because he played one or two good matches in the Bundesliga. He's not even a regular starter at his club." By that time Podolski was still interested in representing Poland, but as the season progressed German media increasingly highlighted his performances to suggest he should be called up to the German national team. When his full potential was finally unveiled, he had already decided to represent Germany. At the end of the season Köln were relegated, but Podolski impressed so much, that he held his debut for Rudi Völler's Germany on 6 June 2004, at age 19, in Kaiserslautern against Hungary with a late subs ute appearance. He had become the first second-division player since 1975 to break into the national team.
    Quite the blunder huh? Lukas married a Polish girl and he speaks the language so he's still Polish by heart. I'm happy for him and what he accomplished in a German jersey.

An attack with Lewandowski & Klose with Kuba & Podolski on the Wings would be Knockout Stage worthy

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Quite the blunder huh? Lukas married a Polish girl and he speaks the language so he's still Polish by heart. I'm happy for him and what he accomplished in a German jersey.

An attack with Lewandowski & Klose with Kuba & Podolski on the Wings would be Knockout Stage worthy
    Imagine Zidane with ...

Forget it, Algeria was so horrible when Zidane was playing, it's a good thing he played for France

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Imagine Zidane with ...

Forget it, Algeria was so horrible when Zidane was playing, it's a good thing he played for France
    He could have strapped it up for that match against Germany!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He could have strapped it up for that match against Germany!
    He coul have headbutted Neuer to take him out, because if it wasnt for him we would have won tbh

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Holy symple19 is alive!

Get in Gooners!!!! resistanze NASpurs

Thread Information