Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Ramsey, Diaby and Arshavin probably cut my life expectancy by 5 years.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Ramsey, Diaby and Arshavin probably cut my life expectancy by 5 years.
    lol seriously. Gunner fans should start a mass revolution if Diaby is still here next season.

Come on Arsene. Don't waste your spending power. Sell this er to anyone who would buy him.

My Team
    Birmingham City FC
    Post Count
    I wouldn't worry about Diaby, he's obviously just filler in case everybody goes down like they have this year. I'd expect Arsene to roll with Walcott and Rosicky on the wings with Song and Arteta in the middle. That's a pretty damn good midfield, combined with RVP + Podolski upfront all that needs strengthening is the defense IMO.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Hot for Spurs! Vertonghen reveals he wants to join Tottenham and calls on Ajax to agree a deal

Jan Vertonghen has revealed he wants to seal a move to Tottenham this summer, and has called on his club Ajax to agree a fee with Harry Redknapp's side.

The Belgium international has been linked with a number of Premier League sides including Arsenal and Manchester United.

But the 25-year-old, who has just one year left on his contract, has now told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he favours a switch to White Hart Lane.

"Tottenham are absolutely my favourite," he said. "[But] the Ajax board are asking for a very big amount for a player whose contract is running out in year.

"I trust that both Tottenham and Ajax will put some water in the wine and they will soon reach an agreement.

"I owe much to Ajax, but I've always given my whole heart and soul to the club," he added.

"My appreciation for the club and the fans is great. It would be terrible if my farewell is marred or distorted because Ajax [are stubborn] with the asking price.

"Of course I want Ajax to gain financially, but the amount that Tottenham want to pay, I think - perhaps with a little extra – is very reasonable.

"Next year I can leave for free. I hope that this awareness is there, because a transfer lingering for weeks like Maarten Stekelenburg's [to Roma] seems very harsh.

"He joined at the end of Roma's preparation [for the new season]. I want to be able to blend in with the other players at Spurs from the start [of pre-season training]."

The centre-back appeared to rule out the possibility of him joining potential suitors Arsenal or Manchester United.

"Tottenham is a fantastic football club that has the tradition I want," he said.

"Ajax was the perfect club for me, but Spurs is already very close nearby. They buy young, eager, offensive-minded players."
    VERTONGHENNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is the year to spend. Keep RvP, get a good holding midfielder and another playmaker this summer. And stay ing healthy.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wenger still believing in Diaby.
    It's things like that that make me still think (like I did at the start of the season) that maybe it would be better if Arsenal and Wenger parted ways after this season.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I liked Diaby when he was healthy, and tbh if Arsenal got rid of every player that was injured for extended time they would have no players left. What they should really get in the off-season is a new medical team, it would be the best money they ever spent...

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    ing Vertonghen.

So did Arsenal get M'Vila yet? These rumors are going to kill me! Some people are saying it's a done deal... rumors feel like a tug-of-war with my emotions.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsene should start locking up guys that he can. I don't want a Mata-esque situation this year. Seriously, that broke my heart.

If he has spare change, get a new medical team. And sell Diaby and Ramsey to afford more doctors.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Eva Carneiro for our medical team, yes? Arsene, get those transfer funds ready!!!

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    And sell Diaby and Ramsey to afford more doctors.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Like in the NBA, you have credible people like Adrian Woj, David Aldridge and so on who breaks stories but in the EPL and football for that matter, who the is reliable? It's all so wide spread and countries always report bull news that gets out as actual factual news when it was all crap.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Just type "Arsenal" and "M'Vila" and you'll see what I'm talking about

https://news.google.com/news/story?q...ed=0CC4QqgIwAA

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    He's coming

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yossi Benayoun plots perfect goodbye as Arsenal eye Yann M'Vila

Yossi Benayoun was plotting the perfect goodbye to Arsenal on Tuesday as speculation mounted they were about to welcome the France international Yann M'Vila.

Benayoun has revealed he wants to end his loan move from Chelsea by helping Arsenal to finish third in the Premier League, with automatic Champions League qualification set to provide a boost for their summer recruitment drive.

Reports on Tuesday suggested that they were on the brink of completing what would be a club‑record £17.7m signing of the Rennes midfielder M'Vila, who has long been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal appear to be succeeding in conducting their summer transfer business early this year, having been accused of panic signings at the end of the August window after selling Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri.

Benayoun was one of the new arrivals but has proven a useful addition to the squad in recent months as they have fought back from a horrendous start to the season to move to the brink of qualifying for the Champions League once more.

The final game of Benayoun's loan spell comes at West Bromwich Albion on Sunday, where Arsenal need to win to be certain of finishing third. That could also help to deny Benayoun's parent club, Chelsea, a top-four spot but the 32-year-old Israel captain could not care less.

"Since I came to Arsenal, I have always been committed to one club until the last game of the season," he said. "The only thing I want is for Arsenal to finish in third place – I don't care about anybody else.

"When I finish I will have to decide about my future. I am supposed to go back to Chelsea first and then we will see what the future holds.

"I finish here in a good way. In the last few months, I have been more involved. I think I have played a big part in the last few games. You always remember the end and I am happy with my performances in the last few months."

Arsène Wenger must now decide whether to try to make Benayoun's move permanent but his attention is said to be currently focused on fending off reported interest from Internazionale for his No1 target M'Vila. Should he succeed, M'Vila would be his second summer signing following the arrival of Lukas Podolski.

It would also be another statement of Arsenal's ambitions ahead of contract negotiations with Robin van Persie, who will sit down with them this summer to discuss extending his deal which expires a year later. Theo Walcott also has only a year left on his contract and he and Van Persie may wait to see who the club bring in before deciding whether to commit their long-term futures.

M'Vila's arrival would provide much-needed strength in central midfield, where Arsenal have suffered crippling injuries this season. He is also more defensive-minded than many of his prospective team-mates and would help to protect a back four that has been left horribly exposed at times.

Reports suggest he would cost £17.7m to prise from Rennes, who have lost their last two Ligue 1 games to end any hope they had of qualifying for next season's Champions League. Arsenal's current transfer record is the £15m they spent on Andrey Arshavin in 2009.
    Benayun

I liked him in the team. Too bad he is just on loan from Chelsea.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Congrats on getting M'Vila. Quality transfer imo.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Is the Daily Mail credible?

Wenger settles deal in principle with Rennes over signing of £17m midfielder M'Vila

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Wenger settles deal in principle with Rennes over signing of £17m midfielder M'Vila

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1815825

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    That sucks, I guess we'll just have to wait for something credible but maybe resistanze and ginobili's bald spot know something we don't.

So should I include the bleacherreport along with the guardian, dailymail and goal.com in my block list?

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I'd just wait until it's written in Arsenal.com. All those news links are just leads and are not to be taken as the gospel truth.

My Team
    FC Porto
    Post Count
    It got banned from GAF recently so probably not.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    It got banned from GAF recently so probably not.
    I need to check on GAF what other sites are blocked then since they know what's credible and not.

HOMER GERVINHO!

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    If he has spare change, get a new medical team.
    Throw in a defensive coach while we're at it. This team has had glaring defensive issues for years now, and they haven't been solved by having a solid CB pairing in Koscielny and Vermaelen either.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Holy ing City.

Manchester City 'offer Robin van Persie £250k-a-week to leave Arsenal'

The Dutch international has only a year left on his contract at the Emirates Stadium, leading to speculation over where his future may lie.

City are already blessed with talented options in their forward line, with boss Roberto Mancini able to call upon the services of Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli.

But the Italian may feel his table toppers would be strengthened with 37-goal forward Van Persie to call upon next season.

According to the Daily Star, they are prepared to pay him a quarter of a million pounds each week - which equates to £12 million a year - in order to make the switch to the Etihad Stadium.

Arsenal are sure not to let him go without a fight, despite having signed Germany international Lukas Podolski to add to their own group of strikers.

Talks are expected between the Gunners and Van Persie over a new contract at the end of the season, but these could be impacted by the declaration of a huge City offer.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Arsenal.com: Thierry Henry's Club goals record has been cut to 228 after his strike against Blackburn was credited as an own goal: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...e-henry-record

Thread Information