Giants: 0-2

Orioles: 3-0
    Seattle: 3-1
    Mets: 3-0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Red Sox are still as bad as last year. Your starting pitchers giving multiple runs to start the game and the bullpen is as none existent as it ever was.

I guess the only upside to the 0-3 start is that the Yankees are also at 0 wins. Tampa Bay wont be up there for long so this is a Yankees-Red Sox battle in the end.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Red Sox are still as bad as last year. Your starting pitchers giving multiple runs to start the game and the bullpen is as none existent as it ever was.

I guess the only upside to the 0-3 start is that the Yankees are also at 0 wins. Tampa Bay wont be up there for long so this is a Yankees-Red Sox battle in the end.
    Don't like the Rays?

They have superior arms to NY & speed to stay in the argument with Yanks offense.

Sox have 3rd place written all over them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you seriously putting the Rays ahead of both the Yankees and Sox?

Rays have a bunch of undiciplined scrubs mixed with young Pitchers that if you scored 2, 3 runs in a row will get mind and quit.

As bad as the Red Sox started, its nothing compared to how they did last year. Come july we will come back to your post about Red Sox.

Not making the playoffs 2 years in a row will motivate them. If they still dont make it then they are a lost cause.

Too many talent on that team for it to amount to nothing.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Are you seriously putting the Rays ahead of both the Yankees and Sox?

Rays have a bunch of undiciplined scrubs mixed with young Pitchers that if you scored 2, 3 runs in a row will get mind and quit.

As bad as the Red Sox started, its nothing compared to how they did last year. Come july we will come back to your post about Red Sox.

Not making the playoffs 2 years in a row will motivate them. If they still dont make it then they are a lost cause.

Too many talent on that team for it to amount to nothing.
    Definitely putting the Rays ahead of the Sox

Youkilis, Drew, & Ortiz older, bullpen is terrible & starting arms are all a year older. Lester & Beckett?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first time boston and new york started that way since 1965

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprise records after the opening series

Yankees: 0-3
    Red Sox: 0-3
    Atlanta: 0-3
    Giants: 0-2

Orioles: 3-0
    Seattle: 3-1
    Mets: 3-0
    dbacks have beated giants 7 straight before today
    tim last 3 starts against az era 5+

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This team needs a shake up & I think missing the playoffs again will do just that.

Where are the young arms like NY & TB have?

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    dbacks have beated giants 7 straight before today
    tim last 3 starts against az era 5+
    Good point. I really like Arizona, they have one of the best staffs in baseball & a lot of young potential on offense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs a shake up & I think missing the playoffs again will do just that.

Where are the young arms like NY & TB have?
    You are basing them having a playoff run just base on that? Laughable man.

Not only is it too early to say this team is toast but it is also premature to say they wont go anywhere because they're old.

Lester is relatively young, Bard is actually too young to be a starter. Beckett, if he can forget about chicken and beer for one game he can be a force.

Clay Bucholz is also good. In fact All their pitchers except Beckett are in their late 20s. (Wikied that up)

How is that "too old" in your eyes, is beyond me.

Only thing that concerns me is the Bullpen. Other then that this team is stacked.

Pedey, Gonzo, Youkilis, Ells and Ortiz will give you enough runs to go around.

No need for this team to do as bad as you seen to think they will.

Experience does count for something, despite your logic that young is better. Not in the playofss they're not.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You are basing them having a playoff run just base on that? Laughable man.

Not only is it too early to say this team is toast but it is also premature to say they wont go anywhere because they're old.

Lester is relatively young, Bard is actually too young to be a starter. Beckett, if he can forget about chicken and beer for one game he can be a force.

Clay Bucholz is also good. In fact All their pitchers except Beckett are in their late 20s. (Wikied that up)

How is that "too old" in your eyes, is beyond me.

Only thing that concerns me is the Bullpen. Other then that this team is stacked.

Pedey, Gonzo, Youkilis, Ells and Ortiz will give you enough runs to go around.

No need for this team to do as bad as you seen to think they will.

Experience does count for something, despite your logic that young is better. Not in the playofss they're not.
    So other than Lester, they have no stud under 30 starters

That means they are old & declining. They haven't replaced Dice K & the Lackey signing is on path to be one of the worst signings ever.....right next to Carl Crawford

Rays have
    - Better starters
    - Better bullpen
    - Better offense
    - Better defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better starters? Hahaha

On what do you base that on? Again on age?

What they have are a bunch of unknowns.

With all those awesome qualities you listed, why not hand them the trophy already? What a joke.

As I've said. We will revisit this thread later this year. Dont dissapear to Africa or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to early to know anything right now. Theres 162 freaking games.....

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Red Sox organization just seems like a total mess right now.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well they did play against a solid Detroit Tigers team. Faced Verlander in game 1 and he was pretty good even though Lester pitched almost just as good. And the Tigers offense which is projected to be pretty good this year got a hold of the Red Sox pitching the following two games. All that said, two of the games were walk-off wins for the Tigers so Boston had a chance to win 2 of the games.

Far too early. Red Sox definitely do have a lot of question marks in their bullpen. But 3 road losses to a team that made the playoffs last year and improved and projects to be pretty good this season isn't as bad as if say they lost their first 3 at home against the Twins.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Miguel Cabrera is a ing monster...wish he was still a Marlin

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You guys have the Giancarlo.

Lol but yeah Miggy is going to do some crazy damage with Prince hitting behind him. Should be fun.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Don't like the Rays?

They have superior arms to NY & speed to stay in the argument with Yanks offense.

Sox have 3rd place written all over them
    The Yanks are garbage. Girardi is a pile of who's playing the matchups 1st inning of game 1 of 162... walk S. Rodriguez to get to Pena. Pena promptly hits a grand slam. Then he gives Jeter a breather in in the field for game 2, and his replacement (Nunez) cost them two runs with an error in the first. Girardi will surely cost the Yanks more than a handful of games going forward and probably the division as well. Then, they'll most likely be first round fodder for the Tigers or Rangers.

Thread Information