Post Count
    Thunder schedule
    @LAC
    @ Pho
    @ Sac
    @ LAL
    Sac
    Den

I see 2 losses.@ LAL and another on the road.

Spurs schedule
    @GS
    @LAL
    @Sac
    LAL
    Cle
    Por
    @Pho
    @GS

Since I see OKC losing 2X Can Spurs go 6-2 for very important #1 seed?
    LAL are getting 3 seed.They are one game up on Clippers and own tie breaker and both teams have 6 games to go.

What games does Pop try to win shorthanded? GS? Cle? Por?
    Blazers on road without Aldridge.
    Warriors are banged up and want to keep their pick.
    Cavs are awful.Can we win that game resting big 3?

Lot of decisions for Pop and coaching staff.I hoped they realized the importance for #1 seed.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see us only losing @LAL. Very winnable all of the others

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, Bryant may sit until the playoffs start:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ses...nt-lakers.html

The Lakers also have a tough last few games against Dallas, OKC, and Spurs x2. Clips don't have it too much easier, with games against OKC, DEN, PHO, ATL, and NYK, but if they can somehow steal the #3 seed from the Lakers, us being at #2 would set up the perfect playoff run. The Lakers, Memphis, and OKC all on the other side of the bracket! That would be the ideal way for these last few games to unfold, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OKC will beat LA... LA actually needs to win tomorrow's game against Dallas or they risk losing that #3 seed not just to the Clips but also Memphis that's been surging... I think LA will drop at least 1 of the next 2 against the Spurs.

The two key games for OKC IMO are Phoenix and the last one against Denver... both teams are fighting for their playoff lives which is always a dangerous proposition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two key games for OKC IMO are Phoenix and the last one against Denver... both teams are fighting for their playoff lives which is always a dangerous proposition.
    I think by that last game or 2, phoenix would have been already kicked out of playoff contention to be honest.. In effect that means Denver would have secured a playoff spot and would be fighting for positioning with houston most likely.

Spurs Ball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, Bryant may sit until the playoffs start:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ses...nt-lakers.html

The Lakers also have a tough last few games against Dallas, OKC, and Spurs x2. Clips don't have it too much easier, with games against OKC, DEN, PHO, ATL, and NYK, but if they can somehow steal the #3 seed from the Lakers, us being at #2 would set up the perfect playoff run. The Lakers, Memphis, and OKC all on the other side of the bracket! That would be the ideal way for these last few games to unfold, IMO.
    Clippers would up.They are the Clippers.

Spurs Ball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think by that last game or 2, phoenix would have been already kicked out of playoff contention to be honest.. In effect that means Denver would have secured a playoff spot and would be fighting for positioning with houston most likely.
    @Phoenix is no gimmie.That goes for us and OKC.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i were Mike Brown and the Lakers i would be doing everything i possibly could to get on the same side of the bracket as the Spurs.. having Gasol and Bynum going against a combination of Blair and Bonner is a series decider. I think they match up better with the Spurs than they do against any other team in the Top 6 (OKC, LAC, MEM, DAL).

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the Spurs.. it all depends on where LA is imo.. if the Spurs can somehow snag the 1 seed that would be great provided the Lakers stay at 3.. IMO OKC wins that 2-3 series agains LA. If the Spurs get the 2 seed and the Lakers drop to 4.. im equally fine with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @Phoenix is no gimmie.That goes for us and OKC.
    It is if PHX are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get the Clips in the semis, were heading to the Finals tbh. Because I don't see LAL/Memphis beating OKC and I don't see OKC beating us. No way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get the Clips in the semis, were heading to the Finals tbh. Because I don't see LAL/Memphis beating OKC and I don't see OKC beating us. No way.
    Nice to see your Federer pic. The man is hands down the best tennis player ever. After 35 years of watching tennis, he's spoiled me - now I won't watch tennis unless he's playing.

Duncan and Federer - my favorite athletes.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best for Spurs would be to beat LAL twice, and OKC beat LAL too.

LAL and Memphis would finish 4th and 5th (in whichever order) and square off in round 1, which would getone of our 2 nemesis out of the way (plus the benefits of a physical, long series for us).

OKC would finish first and face the winner of LAL-MEM, which either takes our 2nd nemesis out of the picture (and I'm confident we can beat OKC in the WCF), or means either LAL or MEM is really, really good, and if we can't get the job done in the WCF then so be it.

We should be able to deal with whoever we get in the 1st round (likely Houston or Denver) as well as the 2nd (probably Mavs or Clippers).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see your Federer pic. The man is hands down the best tennis player ever. After 35 years of watching tennis, he's spoiled me - now I won't watch tennis unless he's playing.

Duncan and Federer - my favorite athletes.
    Although this really is off-topic, you said the truth bomb, Fed is the GOAT of Tennis. Mine too. The top 1 of the list of my favorite athletes isn't decided yet between TD and Fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, who cares

Let the cards fall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best for Spurs would be to beat LAL twice, and OKC beat LAL too.

LAL and Memphis would finish 4th and 5th (in whichever order) and square off in round 1, which would getone of our 2 nemesis out of the way (plus the benefits of a physical, long series for us).

OKC would finish first and face the winner of LAL-MEM, which either takes our 2nd nemesis out of the picture (and I'm confident we can beat OKC in the WCF), or means either LAL or MEM is really, really good, and if we can't get the job done in the WCF then so be it.

We should be able to deal with whoever we get in the 1st round (likely Houston or Denver) as well as the 2nd (probably Mavs or Clippers).
    OR,

San Antonio can take 1st place with OKC in 2nd, LAL 3rd, LAC 4th, MEM 5th..
    LAC vs Mem - Spurs can beat whoever the winner here is in the semifinals.. Our main weakness would be LAL, not MEM.
    OKC vs LAL - Let them battle it out in the semifinals and OKC probably has the upper hand here..
    SAS vs OKC - We can take care of them I believe, we matchup well..

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry about it. The Spurs will get the number 1 seed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter who we play in 2nd round, it's going to be a tough task. I know the Lakers beat us pretty handily recently but I'm not sold that they are a tougher matchup than a team like Memphis. I rather have #1 and face the Lakers than have the 2nd seed and face Memphis. I believe OKC will make it to the WCF and I rather have home court against that talented bunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers have a legit shot at going 5-1 (they only have 6 games left). One of those games is against OKC. If they can beat OKC, that 5-1 becomes much more likely (I was assuming they lose to OKC).

If they go 5-1, and the Spurs can beat the Lakers one of the last two games, LAC have a great shot at the 3rd seed. LA has to play Spurs twice, Dallas today and OKC. That would be the ideal scenario and seems quite likely:

OKC
    SA
    LAC
    LA
    MEM
    DAL
    HOU
    DEN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those bottom 3 may shift, but the first 5 seem like the likely order to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the Spurs.. it all depends on where LA is imo.. if the Spurs can somehow snag the 1 seed that would be great provided the Lakers stay at 3.. IMO OKC wins that 2-3 series agains LA. If the Spurs get the 2 seed and the Lakers drop to 4.. im equally fine with that.
    Yeah if Lakers drop to the 4 and Spurs are 2 that is fine.. Spurs don't need HC to beat OKC IMO..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs go into the finale tied in the loss column with the Thunder, but with LAL/MEM at 4 and 5, would the Spurs tank? As LJ (or was it someone else?) mentioned, the Spurs get one of the last games chronologically (at GS, 10:30 EST start), and could potentially control their seeding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder schedule
    @LAC
    @ Pho
    @ Sac
    @ LAL
    Sac
    Den

I see 2 losses.@ LAL and another on the road.

Spurs schedule
    @GS
    @LAL
    @Sac
    LAL
    Cle
    Por
    @Pho
    @GS

Since I see OKC losing 2X Can Spurs go 6-2 for very important #1 seed?
    LAL are getting 3 seed.They are one game up on Clippers and own tie breaker and both teams have 6 games to go.

What games does Pop try to win shorthanded? GS? Cle? Por?
    Blazers on road without Aldridge.
    Warriors are banged up and want to keep their pick.
    Cavs are awful.Can we win that game resting big 3?

Lot of decisions for Pop and coaching staff.I hoped they realized the importance for #1 seed.
    They don't. And since this team hasn't received much luck at all in recent seasons and that's all the Lakers receive, I'm sure the Lakers will stay as the third seed, putting them on a collision course to face the Spurs in the 2nd round. Seeing as how the Spurs aren't going to push for the 1st seed, they might as well start coming to grips with this now.

What I'll be looking for in the two upcoming games against the Lakers (presuming the Spurs don't tank the 1st one, which is a distinct possibility . . . they might figure, make sure they get the easy ones instead), is belief and confidence. If they lose a close game, frustrating as that will be, that's not the worst thing. The worst thing is if they look and play terrified again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Pop waves the white flag pre-game, I think we can win all of these. We seem to play better on consecutive nights, as if we get into a rhythm, than when we rest.

I think Pop waves the flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game at Staples is the most obvious white flag game of the season. The rest are winnable.

Thread Information