Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know most likely don't care... I'm always interested in this because I travel to SA for the first game every year and the day/time naturally is a pretty big deal so I know exactly what I have to do for travel. This year the turn around is even quicker as the schedule won't be out until the wee hours of Friday the 27th for games on the 28th and 29th. But this year might not be so hard to project it looks like - though matchups can influence a lot and those are obviously very fluid.

First - the teams hosting are almost locks, no? Chicago, Miami, Indy and Boston (#4 at worst, won't be caught by NY or Philly) in the east... SA, OKC, LAL and LAC in the west (unless Memphis catches an LA team).

Next - the time slots. (central times)

Saturday:
    2:00pm - ABC
    4:30pm - TNT
    7:00pm - ESPN
    9:30pm - ESPN

Sunday:
    12:00pm - ESPN
    2:30pm - ABC
    6:00pm - TNT
    8:30pm - TNT

Thoughts...
    -Obviously LAL and LAC have to be on opposite days. And we know the league wants the Lakers in the prime slots - no chance they'd put them at the 9:30 start, so that puts the Clippers at 9:30 on Saturday, and the Lakers likely at 2:30 on Sunday, no? Would the league keep Kobe out of an ABC game?
    -If there were 2 ABC games each day, this is easier because Chicago, Miami, Boston and the Lakers would get the ABC games... but with only 1 a day, I don't know who'd they go with. I'd have to assume the Lakers and Miami - especially if Miami pairs off with New York. Maybe the answer is whoever NY draws (unless it's Indy) gets the Saturday at 2pm start.
    -Someone has to fill the 8:30 Sunday slot - either SA or OKC. No one else is far enough west to host it (doubt they'd give it to Chicago). This likely depends on matchup, no? Crappier matchup gets the 8:30 slot?

Any guesses based on past trends? Does ESPN/TNT have a say over which matchups they prefer? Do they get to "draft" the games - a la college style? Does the NHL have access/holds on certain dates yet for the second round (Boston, Chicago, LA)?

My early guess...
    Saturday:
    2:00pm - ABC - Miami (v NY?)
    4:30pm - TNT - Indiana (v Orl?)
    7:00pm - ESPN - Chicago (v Phi?)
    9:30pm - ESPN - LAC (v Mem?)

Sunday:
    12:00pm - ESPN - Boston (v Atl?)
    2:30pm - ABC - LAL (v Dal?)
    6:00pm - TNT - SA (v Hou?)
    8:30pm - TNT - OKC (v Den?)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How bout you just wait a week to find out?

Thread Information