My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In watching parts of the ESPN-Lakers Network tv show "The Announcement" about Magic Johnson contacting the HIV virus, one could not help but notice one potentially huge similarity. Aside from the obvious, that being both were/are the main actor in a gigantic WWE production, both regrettably have had multiple sex partners with men and women, both have legions of religious followers (hence the term "Laker Krishna") and so on and so forth. However during the show one thing stood out. The mention that after Magic was informed he had HIV, he and the team chose to spin the following two weeks absence as "Magic is out with flu like symptoms".

Currently, Kobe is said to be out with a "shin" condition. It has grown from a game to two games, to several games, to the OC Register now saying Bryant may be out the remainder of the regular season.
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ses...t-lakers.html#

Laker Nation, how will you respond if indeed Kobe has contacted the HIV virus?

Magic as we know has gone on to have a wildly successful business life, pimping Starbucks, movie theaters and who knows what else. Perhaps culminating in his involvement in a purchase of the LA Dodgers. Magic has been a spokesperson for HIV, encouraging testing and education.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In watching parts of the ESPN-Lakers Network tv show "The Announcement" about Magic Johnson contacting the HIV virus, one could not help but notice one potentially huge similarity. Aside from the obvious, that being both were/are the main actor in a gigantic WWE production, both regrettably have had multiple sex partners with men and women, both have legions of religious followers (hence the term "Laker Krishna") and so on and so forth. However during the show one thing stood out. The mention that after Magic was informed he had HIV, he and the team chose to spin the following two weeks absence as "Magic is out with flu like symptoms".

Currently, Kobe is said to be out with a "shin" condition. It has grown from a game to two games, to several games, to the OC Register now saying Bryant may be out the remainder of the regular season.
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ses...t-lakers.html#

Laker Nation, how will you respond if indeed Kobe has contacted the HIV virus?

Magic as we know has gone on to have a wildly successful business life, pimping Starbucks, movie theaters and who knows what else. Perhaps culminating in his involvement in a purchase of the LA Dodgers. Magic has been a spokesperson for HIV, encouraging testing and education.

as long as he got it by being a pussy hound - then cool....but if he lifts up his shirt to reveal a tramp stamp and sticks out his tongue to reveal a ring...then I'm asking for my money back... didn't you ask for your money back already?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will vote this thread as one of the worst non-basketball related thread of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fabbs bringing the pain, per the usual, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difference is Magic was a player and ed girls all day. Kobe has raped one married his first and then cheated on her with some fat broad so this scenario is improbable.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It is kind of surreal, Magic rang 5 times before his diagnosis. Now Kobe has rung 5 times. Ipso facto:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old bag Duncan: 4

Though I know what Kobe is going thru. Katie kicked me in the shin between the Federal return & the AZ Form Thursday nite. I was going to return the favor, but, remembered Red's lamentation of the women & pulled back my PF Flyer just in the nick of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Shadowflamer and ELNono and any others who are *offended*, it was not and is not my intent to cause pain to the community but rather see how you would cope with such a possible announcement. I knew some of you would take umbrage and i assure you i do not think HIV is funny for anyone. Esp for the innocent victims.

I did like how Magic expressed just that. One of his biggest concerns was whether or not he had spread it to his wife Cookie and their baby as she had just become pregnant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not offended at all. This thread just doesn't hold much merits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ opinions are like parts of the anatomy. Everybody has one. You're en led to yours.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spurfan sad because Kobe won't be playing next Tuesday

Last game vs the Lakeshow forever engraved in spurfan memory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not offended

Thread Information