My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    yes.

Bob Kelso is an awful man Dr Cox's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we sign Green for less, Hometown discount" can we bring in Diaw and Lorbek?

Neal isnt a free agent this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is more likely to retire a Spur than Duncan, Parker and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

Spurs are at 48.2 million for next year.They will like to stay under the luxary tax of 70 million.
    Sign Duncan for 10-12 mill
    Sign Green for 4-6 mill
    Decline Blair option
    Let go of Anderson
    Patty player option-likely to look for more money
    Mills/Neal-Spurs cant keep both
    Diaw/Lorbek-Spurs won't keep both.One is coming or going.
    Bonner is under contract for 2 years.
    Duncan for 10-12 sounds good
    No way Spurs give Green more than his QO of 3 mil
    Spurs should eaily be able to move Blair and his cheap contract if need be
    Anderson is already gone
    I think patty will get some contract offers this summer and will not be back
    Neal is not going anywhere playing for peanuts
    Diaw/Lorbek- I believe Lorbek come cheaper than most here think and I think its possible we could end up with both.
    Bonner should be shopped and if no takers amnisteed.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner contract isn't horrible, and I'm sure we can find a trade suitor for him paired with Blair or alone. A frontline next year of Timmy, Tiago, Diaw and Lorbek woulb be awesome...
    But if I have to choose at this point I prefer to re-sign Diaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we sign Green for less, Hometown discount" can we bring in Diaw and Lorbek?

Neal isnt a free agent this year.
    Even if we let Green walk, resigning Duncan puts us at or near the cap. In order to have enough cap to work with to matter, both Danny and Tim would need to sign for a combined $5-7 million, which is pretty obviously ludicrous scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we let Green walk, resigning Duncan puts us at or near the cap. In order to have enough cap to work with to matter, both Danny and Tim would need to sign for a combined $5-7 million, which is pretty obviously ludicrous scenario.
    I may be wayy wrong, but that math seems wrong but it really all depends on how much Duncan signs for.

You would think he is smart enough to try to keep the same team together and try to make another run at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is assuming Duncan will get a big deal but considering he's already committed to the Spurs then perhaps he's also committed to a very low deal. If the Spurs win the le this year then how likely is Duncan willing to be to sacrifice in attempt to get the only thing he doesn't have: a reapeat?

Everything is speculation at this point but I would not discount this being a plausible scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why it isn't worth trying to figure out scenarios where the Spurs have cap space. If Duncan returns, assume that they won't.

The trick is staying far enough under the tax to be able to use the BAE and the non-taxpayer MLE.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming that the Max salary cap is around $58million, the Spurs have 8 million to work with before going over. Once they are over, they rely on the MLE, LLE (is it still called this?), and minimum contracts.

If Duncan and Green sign for 5 Million combined, there is a realistic possibility we resign Diaw and bring on Lorbek. But 5 million for both, as Tesseractive accurately stated, is a ludicrous scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the consensus is that Lorbek would have to take the LLE of about $2 million per year, assuming Diaw gets the MLE. Not sure if we can give Lorbek part of the MLE in addition to the full LLE, should we not think Diaw is worth the whole thing.

Also amnesty Bonner seems plausible, then his $3.6 million next year does not count against the cap, and Shamsports is showing his $3.9 million in the following year as unguaranteed. Unless he picks up his play we may not see him back next year.

Another good option would be to amnesty Manu ($14 million) and use the money saved to sign Dwight Howard. We could then either discard Duncan or require him to play at the minimum salary.

Oops Howard has another year on his contract, my bad.

Are we allowed to tamper there and set up our Duncan succession plan? Some sort of under the table agreement perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is it safe to say Diaw and Duncan will be the two back?

Maybe Green if blair is gone and he signs cheap?

This is going to be an fun offseason : ) lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan for 10-12 sounds good
    No way Spurs give Green more than his QO of 3 mil
    Spurs should eaily be able to move Blair and his cheap contract if need be
    Anderson is already gone
    I think patty will get some contract offers this summer and will not be back
    Neal is not going anywhere playing for peanuts
    Diaw/Lorbek- I believe Lorbek come cheaper than most here think and I think its possible we could end up with both.
    Bonner should be shopped and if no takers amnisteed.
    Bonner is fairly cheap insurance against injury or against Lorbek taking time to adjust, and my guess is that he would be just fine playing a Sean Marks role if we don't need him for anything more. If we sign both Diaw and Lorbek, I have no problem keeping Matty around as a third stringer.

Honestly, I'm not sure what Mills's options are at this point. He looked interesting, but he played exclusively in garbage time, so I really don't have any idea what the market is like for his talents. If Mills walks, De Colo would be an interesting option, but Diaw + Lorbek + De Colo is probably not doable.

If we could find someone worthwhile, it would be interesting to have an athletic big with some defensive potential as a developmental project. But those guys don't exactly grow on trees, so who knows if we can find one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK there were ten posts since I typed mine. Somewhere in here I think we need to mention having early Bird Rights on Green. I don't know all the particulars, but the qualifying offer of $3 million, and possibility of other teams matching up to $5 million (NBA average salary) may also be in play.

Chances for Green to come back look good to me, especially coming off the bad performance in game 1. We need him to play just well enough to win, 40% on 3s would be just about right, hit two per game and go 2 of 5 from downtown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need green to simi-tank : )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but it looks like Sham has updated there salary info.: http://shamsports.com/content/pages/...ries/spurs.jsp No more RJ, SJax, Diaw, Mills added.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, there is really limited cap space. Then again, the Spurs aren't missing many pieces at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be much worse, at least we don't have a subprime Kobe Bryant's contract crippling us to the tune of 2 years at $30 million per season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but it looks like Sham has updated there salary info.: http://shamsports.com/content/pages/...ries/spurs.jsp No more RJ, SJax, Diaw, Mills added.
    This is more updated than hoopshype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, there is really limited cap space. Then again, the Spurs aren't missing many pieces at this point.
    That's the saving grace in all this. If all we do next year is resign our current roster, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Our current roster is presently tearing up the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe you can offer a player full MLE to Lorbek
    if you are under luxury cap(70 mill)

I think we have enough money to sign our key players.Maybe Diaw and Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe you can offer a player full MLE to Lorbek
    if you are under luxury cap(70 mill)

I think we have enough money to sign our key players.Maybe Diaw and Lorbek.
    If we want to resign Diaw, we will have to use the MLE on him, so it won't be available for Lorbek.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resign Diaw for 18 mil / 4 yrs. Rest of MLE use on Lorbek for 3 years. Dont know what to do with Danny Green

Thread Information