Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While if this is true (and the possibility is high), it is a great news.. I would advise that Mundodeportivo and other sport "tabloids" in Spain have to be read with a load of salt. They are sport "dailies" who come up with regular doses of transfer information (without adequate quotes or sources) just to fill up their pages regularly. Marca, AS, Mundo Deportivo and Sport are all masters in this daily game - which is actually quite unethical, but such is journalism these days.
    True. But they bring that transfer information usually about soccer, there isn't much speculation about basketball. Basketball journalists in Sport and Mundo Deportivo are close to Barcelona's FO.

When it comes to Marca and Real Madrid transfering and signing soccer players it's different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone read the comments at the bottom of the page? (Link) A lot of his European fans see him as playing no more than 15 minutes and being nothing more than a role player. They all sound skeptical at best, they seem to think he is much better suited for European ball. This guy should stay put. Spurs fans are in fools gold mode again. The truth is there is no easy fix for this team. I admit, I am discouraged. I thought this guy would be a good player for us, now I'm not convinced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone read the comments at the bottom of the page? (Link) A lot of his European fans see him as playing no more than 15 minutes and being nothing more than a role player. They all sound skeptical at best, they seem to think he is much better suited for European ball. This guy should stay put. Spurs fans are in fools gold mode again. The truth is there is no easy fix for this team. I admit, I am discouraged. I thought this guy would be a good player for us, now I'm not convinced.
    You're a moron. Seriously.

I say this not because of anything substantial but because you seem to greatly value the opinions of people posting in the comments section of a website. You understand that they know about how well his game will translate to the NBA as we on Spurstalk do. Who knows what fuels their opinions? Could they be bitter and angry that a top euro player is leaving for the NBA. Who knows? Who cares? Just stop being a moron.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not making any sense. Lorbek and Diaw could play with either Duncan or Splitter. It's Duncan and Splitter who can't play together.
    Offensively speaking, they probably could.

But it'll be interesting to see how Lorbek and Duncan work together defensively.

We'll see if he actually comes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone but Bonner imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can E-Lo even dunk?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    God damn it don't steal Lorbek from Barcelona Regal!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he does have a very good vertical, heīs not Splitter on that one. My doubīt if he can hold himself against heavier opponents as he seems quite skinny.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you, its gonna be everywhere. I can hear the chants echoing through the halls and corridors of the AT&T center now. E-Lo -- E- Lo-- E-Lo!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    E-lo ranking lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek is a good player. Very good, actually.
    Who had his best season ever, ending up in Euroleague top 5.
    When the Spurs traded Hill, I thought initially it was for him, not Leonard.
    Perfect timing for him to get a nice NBA contract.
    I am warning you though, if you are looking for toughness, Lorbek is the wrong address.

As for the Spurs, he is not a superstar, nor American.
    It couldn't be any more clear to me after the WCF, that the NBA is a superstar-driven league and a superstar, preferably a new and marketable superstar, is strictly required to even make it to the Finals.
    Indeed, a squad like the Spurs that played textbook basketball, to be shown in clinics, was booted because of that very simple reason.

With Lorbek, Spurs fans will enjoy some more excellent basketball in the RS and possibly playoffs, and will be upset again when Stern -and the Kennedys and Crawford of this world- will decide that the Paul-Griffin timing has come.

Life is simple.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensively speaking, they probably could.

But it'll be interesting to see how Lorbek and Duncan work together defensively.
    True, they could be too slow to play together much, but we'd have to see. That's why Diaw would be kept and hopefully a young athletic big man would be found to replace Blair and/or Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lorbek comes, Bonner has to go. The last thing the Spurs need is a more advanced version of Bonner.

Being that Lorbek has honed his skills in the European league, I can't envision him being the clutch time choker that Bonner is. Still, there's no room for having two guys with the same unathletic skill set on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lorbek comes, Bonner has to go. The last thing the Spurs need is a more advanced version of Bonner.

Being that Lorbek has honed his skills in the European league, I can't envision him being the clutch time choker that Bonner is. Still, there's no room for having two guys with the same unathletic skill set on the roster.
    There would only be two reasons to keep Bonner at that point:

(1) To give Lorbek time to adapt to the system and ease him into the rotation gradually. Only one of them should get PT, but we could keep the other on the inactive list.

(2) Because he's untradeable without giving up assets, so it's easier to ride out the year with him permanently on the inactive list than it is to dump him.

I could live with either scenario, though I'd prefer he was gone too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Lorbek wasn't coming, there is no need to keep Bonner around. He's occupying a roster spot and salary slot, where the Spurs would be better off with a young, more talented and cheaper big, who could actually contribute regardless of opponent.

Now that Lorbek is indeed coming, I have to think this would almost certainly spell the end for the big red head. I can only hope the Spurs find some sucker of a team willing to give them something for Bonner. I really doubt that he has much trade value at all, but even a early or mid second would be better than nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should trade any combo of Neal/Blair/Bonner to try and get a 1st rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should trade any combo of Neal/Blair/Bonner to try and get a 1st rounder.
    That combo, at best, gets you into the early second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never know. Neal has some value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only first rounder I can see a team giving up is the Cavs at 24. They're horrible at SG right now, but they'll most likely use their #5 pick to get someone like Beal. They could add Neal for SG depth or Blair for a 3rd big option, but since they're still somewhat in a rebuilding process they'll probably want to use that 24 for themselves. Other than that, I don't see any other teams who we could pry a first rounder from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt that he has much trade value at all, but even a early or mid second would be better than nothing.
    If we can trade him for absolutely nothing in return and not have to give up an asset in the process to induce someone to take him, I would be delighted. If we could get any pick at all in return I would be ecstatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of this lazy hook shots or layups I see Ibaka putting them in the 3rd row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to who?
    Me.

Thread Information