Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not making any sense. Lorbek and Diaw could play with either Duncan or Splitter. It's Duncan and Splitter who can't play together.
    I am. Offensively, they could, but defensively, as I said, I don't see Lorbek being able to defend power forwards, at least not with any degree of consistency. So basically, what they'd have is three centers. Somehow, I don't think they'd prioritize a 28 year old, third string center over their would-be starting power forward. Unless I'm off base and they do think Lorbek can consistently defend power forwards (in which case he could take Bonner's spot), the pieces don't fit.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am. Offensively, they could, but defensively, as I said, I don't see Lorbek being able to defend power forwards, at least not with any degree of consistency. So basically, what they'd have is three centers. Somehow, I don't think they'd prioritize a 28 year old, third string center over their would-be starting power forward. Unless I'm off base and they do think Lorbek can consistently defend power forwards (in which case he could take Bonner's spot), the pieces don't fit.
    Which would-be starting PF?

Diaw?

We're talking about getting both.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great another spot up shooter to go with the rest of the spot up shooters that we already have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more than a spot up shooter.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, they could be too slow to play together much, but we'd have to see. That's why Diaw would be kept and hopefully a young athletic big man would be found to replace Blair and/or Bonner.
    Yeah, I still think Diaw is a priority over Lorbek. The 4 spot is a glaring weakness and Lorbek isn't going to help in that department. Not as much as Diaw would anyway.

Young athletic big man replacing Blair or Bonner would be ideal. Think we need a RC miracle to pull that off though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok our glaring weakness that you want scored 2 pts in the sixth game which was do or dies for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he rebound? That's the only issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok our glaring weakness that you want scored 2 pts in the sixth game which was do or dies for us.
    Signing both Diaw and Lorbek is the most clear cut and realistic way for us to bolster our front line. But lets face it, neither player is the defending, rebounding, lengthy, athlete that we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone weigh in with a definitive take on whether we can split the MLE and LLE (or biennial or whatever they are calling it lately) between two players? That would be our most logical bet to actually pull off both Diaw and Lorbek signings.

I no longer consider him a legit full MLE player at all after his play against OKC. All of his shortcomings were on full display and he had every opportunity. The hope with Diaw, as was said on another thread, is that he gets in shape over the summer. I would not bet the full MLE on that though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone weigh in with a definitive take on whether we can split the MLE and LLE (or biennial or whatever they are calling it lately) between two players? That would be our most logical bet to actually pull off both Diaw and Lorbek signings.
    You can split the MLE between two players.

Really no incentive to splitting the LLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing both Diaw and Lorbek is the most clear cut and realistic way for us to bolster our front line. But lets face it, neither player is the defending, rebounding, lengthy, athlete that we need.
    I agree.......and last time I checked the team with the most points wins. So who can score points Diaw or Lobrek? I think we all know the answer but it would be nice to get both in a perfect world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Channel 12 said lobrek will sign with Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Channel 12 knows as much as SpursTalk knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Channel 12 knows as much as SpursTalk knows.
    I'm kind of skeptical that they even know half as much as SpursTalk knows.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTOH, that Channel 12 even knows Lorbeck's name is newsworthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which would-be starting PF?

Diaw?

We're talking about getting both.
    Yeah, but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, I doubt they see Lorbek as being able to defend the four, at least with any consistency, so how could he play with Splitter? As we've seen, rarely do they have Splitter defend fours.

His signing probably means one of two things: 1) They see him as being able to defend fours and view him as a Bonner replacement. 2) They don't see him as being able to defend fours and instead see him as someone who frees them up to trade Splitter for the type of four they need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone can check translation, but here is a new article with some quotes from Lorbek

--

"Personally, I am super happy with the season just ended. I think I managed to keep in shape throughout all 10 months and thus contribute to the ultimate success. The main goal was to win the Spanish national championship, especially after a disastrous defeat in the semifinals against the Euroleague champion Olympiakosu and subsequently lost the Spanish Cup. Despite this, the season is assessed as very successful, as was also the hardest to win the championship in both series tied with the highest rivals "

In the last few days it was possible to read many records about your move to the United States, where he would join Duncanu, Ginobiliju, Parker and the gang ...

"I see and hear that the Spanish media give false information in connection with my future. Like it or not but they all quickly taken up in our print and online portals. Immediately razčistiva, I a member of San Antonio, my current status in the organization, which means that the agent is in a period of intense cleanup, such as the Barco Spurs. But did not rule out a third scenario, under which I wear any other jersey . All options are open, but the NBA does not lead starting position "

"I have the greatest possible ambition and desire to appear on the forthcoming EP-ROM, there is no doubt. However, I still do not know how the club will take place the coming season and in what state of health I will be in this period. I do not hide that I am plagued by a number of minor injuries that we do not make peace. Therefore, I have to rehabilitate as soon as possible to enter the new season fresh. Again, at this moment is too early to tell what will happen to me next summer. In any case, you want to be part of the entertainment stories "

http://kosarka.si/erazem-lorbek-spre...vojem-statusu/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone can check translation, but here is a new article with some quotes from Lorbek

--

"Personally, I am super happy with the season just ended. I think I managed to keep in shape throughout all 10 months and thus contribute to the ultimate success. The main goal was to win the Spanish national championship, especially after a disastrous defeat in the semifinals against the Euroleague champion Olympiakosu and subsequently lost the Spanish Cup. Despite this, the season is assessed as very successful, as was also the hardest to win the championship in both series tied with the highest rivals "

In the last few days it was possible to read many records about your move to the United States, where he would join Duncanu, Ginobiliju, Parker and the gang ...

"I see and hear that the Spanish media give false information in connection with my future. Like it or not but they all quickly taken up in our print and online portals. Immediately razčistiva, I a member of San Antonio, my current status in the organization, which means that the agent is in a period of intense cleanup, such as the Barco Spurs. But did not rule out a third scenario, under which I wear any other jersey . All options are open, but the NBA does not lead starting position "

"I have the greatest possible ambition and desire to appear on the forthcoming EP-ROM, there is no doubt. However, I still do not know how the club will take place the coming season and in what state of health I will be in this period. I do not hide that I am plagued by a number of minor injuries that we do not make peace. Therefore, I have to rehabilitate as soon as possible to enter the new season fresh. Again, at this moment is too early to tell what will happen to me next summer. In any case, you want to be part of the entertainment stories "

http://kosarka.si/erazem-lorbek-spre...vojem-statusu/

Highlights:

- The Spanish media jumped the gun (I personally think there's a tactic behind this leak, but have no more real info on the subject as already discussed)

- He is currently not under contract with anybody and has no agreement with anybody.

- His agent is in intensive talk with the Spurs and Barca, but he doesn't exclude the possibility of a third Euro option.

- Right now all options are open, but the NBA does not have a preferential status.

My opinion: The premature article was a way to create interest in Lorbek. He is negotiating with at least three parties for the best possible deal. I give it a 25% chance that he comes over to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it sounds a lot like he will go wherever he will get the most money and I doubt this "wherever" will be Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone give me reasons why reports I read on him are wrong and I should not expect this guy to be the typical Euro "big guy" who wants to be a bigger, slower SF?

Weaknesses I'm seeing repeated: Terrible foot speed, not a good jumper, poor shot blocker and rebounder for size and level of compe ion, doesn't like contact

In the highlights, all I see is him shooting jumpers and a few post moves on guys that are smaller, weaker, and slower than he'll see in the NBA.

Strengths I'm seeing: Pick and roll (already have), passing (don't need more of), shooting (we have nothing but jump shooters), ball handling (nice, but bigs just don't do much of this in the NBA).

So, how does this guy help us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from Balducci: "The scenario is still not clear because his season came to an end just five days ago, so we cannot have a clear picture so far," Balducci said. "We are not allowed to negotiate with the NBA till July 1, so we have to wait."

http://hoopshype.com/articles/sierra...-up-in-the-air

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly certain that when it's all said and done, Lorbek will sign with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think money is his primary factor in signing with a team. Barca already offered him a pretty good contract twice. Yes I think money is a factor but I think he wants a reasonable salary to sign with the Spurs, which probably should be around what Splitter got a 3.3mil the first year.
    Why settle for a "pretty good" contract after being the MVP of a le team?

I'd say it's equally possible that his agent is using the threat of signing in the NBA as a hardball tactic to land more money staying in Europe. In Europe he's a star who can play for les, but in the US he's an unathletic finesse player with shaky D who will get knocked around by stronger, tougher players. And yeah, the money's most likely better in Europe too.

After all this buildup, it would be a shame to lose him, but it would be crazy to assume that it's a fait accompli that he's coming this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let me get this straight...

We trade away a capable but not amazing combo.guard in George Hill for a defensive wing with lots of upside and good work ethic in Kawhi Leonard, a legit stretch four who can work in the post in Erazem Lorbek, and the rights to a young prospect in Davis Bertans.

That's a Lakers-level trade steal there tbh

Random member
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Highlights:

My opinion: The premature article was a way to create interest in Lorbek. He is negotiating with at least three parties for the best possible deal. I give it a 25% chance that he comes over to the NBA.
    Agreed.

My bet is he signs with a russian/turkish club. I hope I'm wrong.

Thread Information