Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure who wants the Spurs to win on Thursday more: the Spurs or the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank god its just a stinger I was so worried

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's better now. Alll aboard!

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully its not that at all. A sprained shoulder would mean a torn rotator cuff which would mean Gary would be out for a while, but by the looks of how he was hit it looks more like he jammed his neck. If that's the case, he'll be sore tomorrow but will be fine come this weekend.
    IIRC, I've seen players get diagnosed with sprained shoulder only to come back a few days later. They have some crazy medical procedures nowadays that make it possible.

I've personally suffered many sprained shoulders in my high school days - so I know that its possible to feel physically comfortable in as little as 2 weeks. For example, I made the re ed decision to play basketball again after 2 weeks and hurt my shoulder even worse.

Anyways, I'm glad its just a stinger. No reason to sit him for the next two games IMO, we need him to play filler minutes for Manu and Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, I've seen players get diagnosed with sprained shoulder only to come back a few days later. They have some crazy medical procedures nowadays that make it possible.

I've personally suffered many sprained shoulders in my high school days - so I know that its possible to feel physically comfortable in as little as 2 weeks. For example, I made the re ed decision to play basketball again after 2 weeks and hurt my shoulder even worse.

Anyways, I'm glad its just a stinger. No reason to sit him for the next two games IMO, we need him to play filler minutes for Manu and Tony.
    Great story bro. Did you get poison ivy? Didn't think so.

In all seriousness, since we're sharing personal medical histories and all, I had arthroscopic knee surgery to remove a bone chip from my knee in 2008 and two weeks later was white-water rafting in the Swiss Alps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I watched it in slow motion a few times. His neck snapped pretty hard, and his arm looked like it was dead limp as he went to the floor. (It's like having your arm or leg fall asleep - it feels dead.) They won't put him on the floor until any weakness is gone.

Stingers can hang on for days or weeks. Usually the worst is over pretty quickly, but the pain and weakness (especially the weakness) can hang on for a while. You sure as don't want to get repeat injuries to a nerve. I'd be surprised if he comes back next game, regardless. They've locked up the West, and I would just expect to see them rest him a game as a precaution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In all seriousness, since we're sharing personal medical histories and all, I had arthroscopic knee surgery to remove a bone chip from my knee in 2008 and two weeks later was white-water rafting in the Swiss Alps.
    Total jackass thing to say. Mel brings the goods regularly. You don't. People are wondering about Neal, and he knew something about the injury. WTF did your knee have to do with anything, GNSF?

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched it in slow motion a few times. His neck snapped pretty hard, and his arm looked like it was dead limp as he went to the floor. (It's like having your arm or leg fall asleep - it feels dead.) They won't put him on the floor until any weakness is gone.

Stingers can hang on for days or weeks. Usually the worst is over pretty quickly, but the pain and weakness (especially the weakness) can hang on for a while. You sure as don't want to get repeat injuries to a nerve. I'd be surprised if he comes back next game, regardless. They've locked up the West, and I would just expect to see them rest him a game as a precaution.
    Agreed. Meant to say that if he's healthy* he shouldn't sit out the last two. He should definitely rest and prepare for the playoffs if hes feeling any lingering pain. I wasn't aware that stingers were that serious and can linger for a while. So I would probably err of the side of caution as well and have him sit out the final two.

I don't recognize you beyond your username and the fact that you have a Kobe posing as a female avatar. But now I know that you're probably a ty poster too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, all is set. Everyone is healthy, now Drive For 5!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news that it was only a stinger...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Heal, I was browsing Patty Mills twitter and he retweeted one of Shane Heal's tweet:

(tweet itself isn't too important just always remember during one game I was watching with my brother and right when he checked in off the bench, I told my bro, Heal would hit his first 3 point shot, and sure enough he did, lol)

Shane Heal ‏ @ShaneHeal

It's sad for basketball that unless you live in Perth or Nz - very few people would know that the final game of the gf is only hrs away.

and check out his twitter background, still representing the silver/black

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one ever mentions Dice's stinger as part of the reason for the loss last year. He missed some pretty important minutes in game 6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure who wants the Spurs to win on Thursday more: the Spurs or the Warriors.
    Spurs wouldnt mind winning this game. They care about rest and health. Warriors need to lose this one badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total jackass thing to say. Mel brings the goods regularly. You don't. People are wondering about Neal, and he knew something about the injury. WTF did your knee have to do with anything, GNSF?
    Jeez us why such a thick mood around these parts? 8 straight by double digits and news that Neal seems to be fine. It was a got damn joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Shane Heal photo needs to be deleted...

Any prognosis on Neal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Shane Heal photo needs to be deleted...

Any prognosis on Neal?

Thread Information