My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It started tonight with good results and Pop might go with Splitter vs. the LAL or Memphis down the line, but this is very solid starting lineup either way - Diaw can simply ball and Blair now the 5th big.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120423/PO...#nbaGIboxscore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter needs to start against grizzlies and lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm quite happy with this lineup however what really bothers is the fact Splitter played 9 minutes only. Splitter and Duncan played all up 35+ minutes so it means for almost 13 minutes we didn't have a legit C. It might have enough against Portland but it won't be enough in the playoffs.
    Last edited by skin; 04-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw can hold his own against those bigs. Splitter is better being paired off the bench with Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan getting a raw deal for the 2nd straight season. Gotta feel for the guy.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan getting a raw deal for the 2nd straight season. Gotta feel for the guy.
    I root for Blair. I want him to beast on the boards and to own the paint and to play great d.

Truth is, Blair does not rebound like he did his first year, he does not play d and his offense is spotty. His +/- and "player pairs" show he is the weakest link of the front court. It is what it is.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth is, he made a pitiful decision in high school/college by not slimming down and becoming a wing player. His height screams wing player, but obviously at his level of obesity that would be impossible, he'd get blown past every time with hurricane force ala Steve Blake by Tony Parker. Instead, he decided he could be a "post" player at 6'6". Wrong decision.
    No, if he did that he would have never made it to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth is, he made a pitiful decision in high school/college by not slimming down and becoming a wing player. His height screams wing player, but obviously at his level of obesity that would be impossible, he'd get blown past every time with hurricane force ala Steve Blake by Tony Parker. Instead, he decided he could be a "post" player at 6'6". Wrong decision.
    He's 6'7 with shoes. So in essence, he's 6'7. Chuck Hayes is 6'6 and plays the center position well. DeJuan Blair can be big, he's got the frame for a big stocky guy. His problem is he's fat and out of shape. And puts in more work at Whataburger than he does at the gym.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think that Diaw can start against Memphis and LA too. Splitter coming of the bench with Manu is gonna be our winning formula.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10-man rotation:

PG - Parker/Neal
    SG - Green/Ginobili
    SF - Leonard/Jackson
    PF - Diaw/Bonner
    C - Duncan/Splitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs ‏ @spurs

Close

Boris’ basketball IQ, his ability to pass and move without the ball has been impressive. It’s added a great deal to our team. - Tim Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And gives effort on defense, and fails to box out most of the time on the defensive end, and thinks he's the second coming of Hakeem far too often, and heinously laughs after ing up instead of biting the bullet and making up for it and having the mental for ude to not pull that again. The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...streetlight, people, up and down the boulevard...
    That just isn't true. He doesn't give effort, its just he isn't big enough to guard NBA bigs. Its like when he was matched up against Dirk, he played relatively good defence, Dirk was just able to shoot it over him whenever he wanted. You can't teach size

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10-man rotation:

PG - Parker/Neal
    SG - Green/Ginobili
    SF - Leonard/Jackson
    PF - Diaw/Bonner
    C - Duncan/Splitter

Insane - but very possible. If we trim minutes out of that group it's probably coming from either Neal or Bonner. I think they play every night - but the quan y might waver.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact is if you're going to succeed as an undersized power forward you need either great offense or great defense/rebounding. With Blair's rebounding advantage gone he's really no better than a wing playing power forward.

The defense is bound to improve with Blair playing less important minutes. I'm glad Pop was willing to give Diaw a chance. I wish he would have given Splitter a chance last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought I would see the day when Blair was the 5th big, and hopefully it stays that way now. I love a big man rotation of Duncan, Diaw, Splitter, and Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would sure seem that Pop is leaning in that direction. Certainly can't blame him. Diaw, though also undersized, has been superb. Pop has raved about his high BBIQ and how good he's been defensively. The Spurs are a much better defensive team with Diaw on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is 6'9", about average for an NBA PF.
    Im pretty sure hes about 6'8 but with his wide frame, quick feet, and passing he is a really good defensive and offensive player for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/boris_...eer_stats.html

Diaw is looking more and more like the best "bargain" pick ups after the ASG (along with Jackson).
    His career playoffs shooting percentage over 52%. Impressive (look at his bio on nba.com this guy also does a lot of charity work in Africa - perfect Spur!) Annually holds a basketball camp in Dakar, Senegal… Joined fellow French NBA players, including Orlando's Mickael Pietrus, Golden State's Ronny Turiaf and Miami's Yakouba Diawara, at Basketball Without Borders Europe in Paris, France… Participated in the 2006 Basketball Without Borders Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa at the America International School of Johannesburg, where he helped teach awareness of AIDS and the importance of education. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/boris_diaw/bio.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Blair is a 6'7" tall, i guess Diaw is not any hair shorter than 6'9" tall either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And gives effort on defense, and fails to box out most of the time on the defensive end, and thinks he's the second coming of Hakeem far too often, and heinously laughs after ing up instead of biting the bullet and making up for it and having the mental for ude to not pull that again. The list goes on, and on, and on, and on...streetlight, people, up and down the boulevard...
    I think he has cut down on the laughing tbh. I still have hope he can put it all together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I heard that Dejuan was actually a SG in high school, that he was extremely athletic and explosive. This was until he tore both his ACL's and beefed up.

Thread Information