Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not only terrorists but killers of american citizens

- israel poses as CIA
    - teams up with terrorists

where is the outrage?

Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News
    http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-tell-nbc-news

Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders.

The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980.

The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.

The Iranians have no doubt who is responsible – Israel and the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, known by various acronyms, including MEK, MKO and PMI.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately this means the US is funding terrorism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is nowhere to be seen on CNN.com

not even after search

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair this is also nowhere to be seen in foxnews.

NBC, Time. Props for your unbiased journalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You report this as if it is surprising. We have always teamed up with bad apples to advance our agenda in a given region. , we funded and trained Osama Bin Laden. Iran funds two terrorist organizations (Hamas and Hezbollah) that are constantly lobbing missiles at Israeli citizens. It is downright silly to believe that if Iran develops nuclear weapons it will not hand them to its terrorist proxies in and around Israel to use against their greatest enemy. The only thing I object to is the Israelis posing as CIA agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have always teamed up with bad apples to advance our agenda in a given region. , we funded and trained Osama Bin Laden. Iran funds two terrorist organizations (Hamas and Hezbollah) that are constantly lobbing missiles at Israeli citizens.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Not especially if you call yourself the Allies(good guys who fight terrorism around the world)

It is downright silly to believe that if Iran develops nuclear weapons it will not hand them to its terrorist proxies in and around Israel to use against their greatest enemy.
    Really? what is your basis for that? Did this happen in Pakistan? Pakistan also funds terrorist organizations and has nuclear weapons, as well as an archenemy(India). Why has this not happened?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Is MSNBC plagiarizing the Onion again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is downright silly to believe that if Iran develops nuclear weapons it will not hand them to its terrorist proxies in and around Israel to use against their greatest enemy.
    this is downright silly, IMHO.

lol greatest enemy

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Modern Israel was in no small part founded by terrorists.

Terrorism worked for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? what is your basis for that? Did this happen in Pakistan? Pakistan also funds terrorist organizations and has nuclear weapons, as well as an archenemy(India). Why has this not happened?
    Because this is the real world. Not neoconland.

It's not even physically possible to hand someone a nuclear weapon so they can go and use it as a terrorist weapon without massive repercussions. this aint 24

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Not especially if you call yourself the Allies(good guys who fight terrorism around the world)

Pakistan is not Iran. It is run by elected leaders (and occasionally the military). Iran is run by its religious leaders. Iran has publicly called for Israel to be wiped off the map. The fact that Iran has publicly called for Israel's destruction, and is developing weapons capable of pulling it off lead me to believe they would use them. Whether or not they will is something no one can say with certainty. I know that if I was living in Israel I would certainly not want to sit around and find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pakistan is not Iran. It is run by elected leaders (and occasionally the military). Iran is run by its religious leaders.
    So is Israel. So?

Iran has publicly called for Israel to be wiped off the map. The fact that Iran has publicly called for Israel's destruction, and is developing weapons capable of pulling it off lead me to believe they would use them. Whether or not they will is something no one can say with certainty. I know that if I was living in Israel I would certainly not want to sit around and find out.
    It's sad that you are still using that one sentence by one guy in one speech as your only evidence. Not to mention it was a mistranslation and it has already been debunked. The actual translation is Israel regime will be removed from pages of time.

Do your research and you will see your evidence is flawed to the bone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel is run by a democratically elected government. As for your other points, perhaps you are right. I am not a language expert, so all I can go by is what is reported. When I look at the body of evidence that is Iran's behavior I am extremely skeptical of their intentions. I know that if a similar situation was occurring with a country near the US we would already be rebuilding it by now.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let me speak for all Non Jews when I say, You Israel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not the Jewish Americans who are behind the United States support of Israel. It is the Christians who believe Jews must be in charge of the land of Israel before Jesus can come back. There is FAR more non Jewish support for Israel than there is Jewish support.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It is not the Jewish Americans who are behind the United States support of Israel. It is the Christians who believe Jews must be in charge of the land of Israel before Jesus can come back. There is FAR more non Jewish support for Israel than there is Jewish support.
    Most Americans are also not aware that we hand Israel money each year, to the tune of billions.

Americans as a whole are un-educated & ignorant. Which makes the American deaths in the Middle East that much more pathetic. Atleast Israel is forced to live & die there

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You report this as if it is surprising. We have always teamed up with bad apples to advance our agenda in a given region. , we funded and trained Osama Bin Laden. Iran funds two terrorist organizations (Hamas and Hezbollah) that are constantly lobbing missiles at Israeli citizens. It is downright silly to believe that if Iran develops nuclear weapons it will not hand them to its terrorist proxies in and around Israel to use against their greatest enemy. The only thing I object to is the Israelis posing as CIA agents.
    Iran wouldn't want nuclear fallout all over their country. Nuking their closest neighbor would be suicide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ,,,not to mention our own state department has stated that Iran is not currently, actively developing a nuclear weapon...it would be silly to risk biological weapons attacks, which hezbollah and hamas have in stock now, over a non-existent nuclear threat..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel is run by a democratically elected government.
    Israel is controlled by the radical religious right. And guess what, the american Jew lobby is 10x more radical

As for your other points, perhaps you are right. I am not a language expert, so all I can go by is what is reported. When I look at the body of evidence that is Iran's behavior I am extremely skeptical of their intentions. I know that if a similar situation was occurring with a country near the US we would already be rebuilding it by now.
    I understand. The media will do that to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I partly agree. But the real lobbyists are the radical Jew lobbies in the US. I understand the christians here support them and all, but I am not sure they are pushing to send their children to fight for the holy land. At least not anymore.

As someone else said. Christians are willing to send their billions there for support, but I doubt they are willing to send their children to die for Israel.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Let me speak for all Non Jews when I say, You Israel
    You don't speak for me you sorry bigot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Israel is just as corrupt and violent as Iran and the rest of the Muslim countries in the Middle East. Why is a person a racist or bigot when they say stuff like that? If you say anything negative or critical of Israel, you're a racist. It's like Israel is perfect or something.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Israel is just as corrupt and violent as Iran and the rest of the Muslim countries in the Middle East. Why is a person a racist or bigot when they say stuff like that? If you say anything negative or critical of Israel, you're a racist. It's like Israel is perfect or something.
    If that's what I think, then you are being prejudiced.

I have worked with Israeli professionals. I completely disagree with your assessment. I think you're listening to too much Nazi or Islamic propaganda.

have you ever actually known or worked with Israeli citizens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's what I think, then you are being prejudiced.

I have worked with Israeli professionals. I completely disagree with your assessment. I think you're listening to too much Nazi or Islamic propaganda.

have you ever actually known or worked with Israeli citizens?
    Average Israeli citizens are gentle folk. So are Iranians.

I think we're all talking about the ruling regimes and the radical groups that control it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most under-reported political stories of the last year is the devoted advocacy of numerous prominent American political figures on behalf of an Iranian group long formally designated as a Terrorist organization under U.S. law. A large bipartisan cast has received substantial fees from that group, the Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK), and has then become their passionate defenders. The group of MEK shills includes former top Bush officials and other Republicans (Michael Mukasey, Fran Townsend, Andy Card, Tom Ridge, Rudy Giuliani) as well as prominent Democrats (Howard Dean, Ed Rendell, Bill Richardson, Wesley Clark). As The Christian Science Monitor reported last August, those individuals “have been paid tens of thousands of dollars to speak in support of the MEK.” No matter what one thinks of this group – here is a summary of its activities – it is formally designated as a Terrorist group and it is thus a felony under U.S. law to provide it with any “material support.”

There are several remarkable aspects to this story. The first is that there are numerous Muslims inside the U.S. who have been prosecuted for providing “material support for Terrorism” for doing far less than these American politicians are publicly doing on behalf of a designated Terrorist group. A Staten Island satellite TV salesman in 2009 was sentenced to five years in federal prison merely for including a Hezbollah TV channel as part of the satellite package he sold to customers; a Massachusetts resident, Tarek Mehanna, is being prosecuted now ”for posting pro-jihadist material on the internet”; a 24-year-old Pakistani legal resident living in Virginia, Jubair Ahmad, was indicted last September for uploading a 5-minute video to YouTube that was highly critical of U.S. actions in the Muslim world, an allegedly criminal act simply because prosecutors claim he discussed the video in advance with the son of a leader of a designated Terrorist organization (Lashkar-e-Tayyiba); a Saudi Arabian graduate student, Sami Omar al-Hussayen, was prosecuted simply for maintaining a website with links “to groups that praised suicide bombings in Chechnya and in Israel” and “jihadist” sites that solicited donations for extremist groups (he was ultimately acquitted); and last July, a 22-year-old former Penn State student and son of an instructor at the school, Emerson Winfield Begolly, was indicted for — in the FBI’s words — “repeatedly using the Internet to promote violent jihad against Americans” by posting comments on a “jihadist” Internet forum including “a comment online that praised the shootings” at a Marine Corps base, action which former Obama lawyer Marty Lederman said “does not at first glance appear to be different from the sort of advocacy of unlawful conduct that is en led to substantial First Amendment protection.”

Yet here we have numerous American political figures receiving substantial fees from a group which is legally designated under American law as a Terrorist organization. Beyond that, they are meeting with the Terrorist leaders of that group repeatedly (Howard Dean told NPR last year about the group’s leader, Maryam Rajavi: “I have actually had dinner with Mrs. Rajavi on numerous occasions. I do not find her very terrorist-like” and has even insisted that she should be recognized as Iran’s President, while Rudy Giuliani publicly told her at a Paris conference in December: “These are the most important yearnings of the human soul that you support, and for your organization to be described as a terrorist organization is just simply a disgrace”). And, after receiving fees from the Terrorist group and meeting with its Terror leaders, these American political figures are going forth and disseminating pro-MEK messages on its behalf and working to have it removed from the Terrorist list.

Given all the prosecutions of politically powerless Muslims for far fewer connections to Terrorist groups than the actions of these powerful (paid) political figures, what conceivable argument is there for not prosecuting Dean, Giuliani, and the rest of them for providing “material support for Terrorism”? What they are providing to MEK is the definitive “material support.” Although these activities (along with those of the above-listed prosecuted Muslims) should be protected free speech, the U.S. Government has repeatedly imprisoned people for it. Indeed, as Georgetown Law Professor David Cole noted, these activities on behalf of MEK are clearly prosecutable as “material support for Terrorism” under the standard advocated by the Bush and Obama DOJs and accepted by the Supreme Court in the Holder v. Humanitarian Law case of 2009, which held that even peaceful advocacy on behalf of a Terrorist group can be prosecuted if done in coordination with the group (ironically, many of these paid MEK supporters have long been advocates of broad application of “material support” statutes (when applied to Muslims, that is) and have even praised the Humanitarian Law case). If we had anything even remotely approaching equal application of the law, Dean, Giuliani, Townsend and the others would be facing prosecution as Terrorist-helpers.
    http://www.salon.com/2012/02/10/isra...ups/singleton/

Thread Information