Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you're JFK, don't provoke Oswald? One guy doing his job, and the other a head case.

Stupid ing thing to say.
    Hey, you have a problem with something Stern or the Refs have done...What a shocker!

Would you knowingly get in the face of a psycho when it's not necessary whatsoever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, you have a problem with something Stern or the Refs have done...What a shocker!

Would you knowingly get in the face of a psycho when it's not necessary whatsoever?
    rascal would.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern and the league will now be co-defendants in the lawsuit filed by the person or persons harmed by Artest's next bad act.

Possible, but that sounds a bit over the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money per game isn't the same in the playoffs as it is in the regular season, depending on how much Artest makes per game that one regular season game may be worth more than 6 playoff games money wise.
    I am going to write Bonner a letter encouraging him to learn how to Frankensteiner people. I will trade seven games without Bonner to see Bynum get Frankensteinerd lol.
    too bad we are too classy for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're JFK, don't provoke Oswald? One guy doing his job, and the other a head case.

Stupid ing thing to say.
    Oswald didn't do it lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I saw his quote

Real talk though, what MWP did was deplorable...but at the same time this guy is a known volatile psychopath. You can bet your ass Harden won't be frontin' in the WCSF.

Dude needs to stick to being a baller. I'm a big fan of his, but don't poke the bear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Generally what I expected. After reading everything and what previous punishments were, I was expecting in the 5-10 game range. Seven games is more than any other incident involving elbows or hard hits on the court, which is appropriate considering this was worse than any previous incidents in the last decade or so. I wish they had given him 8 games, so that he was guaranteed to miss the entire first round, but the odds that any given series goes 7 games is relatively slim.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oswald didn't do it lol
    truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seven games?

Business wise, it is perfect. It ensures he'll be back for the drama-filled OKC series (should it happen). But there's a chance it may backfire for Stern and the NBA in the long run because it sets the precedent that you can ruthlessly try and seriously injure someone and not be heavily penalized for it, and the fingers will get pointed at Stern and the NBAs image will suffer. Stern taking a risk and also showing (as if he had not before) that he is all about the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw his quote

Real talk though, what MWP did was deplorable...but at the same time this guy is a known volatile psychopath. You can bet your ass Harden won't be frontin' in the WCSF.

Dude needs to stick to being a baller. I'm a big fan of his, but don't poke the bear.
    It'll definitely be good TV.

I honestly think there's about a 25% chance MWP ends Game 1 of the OKC series in the stands punching inbred honkies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About what I expected, and fair, in my personal opinion - given other, similar punishments in the league. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. They were never going to suspend him more than 12 games when the rest of their punishments for similar incidents have been around 2 games up to 5 games for deliberate actions. Given his history, he got more than the last big suspension for intentional harm to another player. This was the likeliest outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't have a big problem with what Stern did. I have a problem with you blaming the victim. I guess if I was your next door neighbor, I would just with you constantly, and you wouldn't do anything about it because you wouldn't want to provoke me.

There are some Laker fans who come here who are pretty rational. You aren't one. SAC is beating the out of OKC, and UTA-PHX is on later. You bore me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that he is all about the money.
    At the end of the day it's a business. More money=league growth.

Everybody wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neutral fan in me thought 2-5 games. The Spurs fan in me wanted him strapped to the chair. So 7 seems pretty fair.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't have a big problem with what Stern did. I have a problem with you blaming the victim. I guess if I was your next door neighbor, I would just with you constantly, and you wouldn't do anything about it because you wouldn't want to provoke me.

There are some Laker fans who come here who are pretty rational. You aren't one. SAC is beating the out of OKC, and UTA-PHX is on later. You bore me.
    You are a whining idiot, and the other 2 times I called you out for that you ran and hid behind the "you bore me" schtick. You're a whiner. You whine. It's what you're about.

I already denounced MWP's actions, but you're acting like Harden (who some spurfans have rightfully said is a chippy player) played no part.

"Hey, there's a psychopath who's beating his chest like a madman...I got a great idea, let's get in his face!"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stupid ing thing to say.
    That head case got shot by another head case. Remember Ruby...

So maybe Perkins is due to swallow Artest head first. Perkins looks like he should be hungry, lost a lot of weight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a Spurs perspective, this is good news. Artest available to rough up the Thunder is ideal.

As an NBA fan, this sets a dangerous precedence. Now it's known that even if you throw the world's hardest elbow at the head of another player, the worst that can happen to you is a two week vacation. And probably less than that since no one else has Artest's history.
    Yep. What's to stop a team from intentionally attempting to eliminate a key piece of a team they could meet up with in the playoffs? 7 games is well worth it to potentially eliminate a would be contender's chance at contending. Just send out some scrub who's not in the rotation and have them do the dirty work, then pay their lost wages.

Could you imagine if someone did this to one of the Lakers stars? They probably would have been done for the season, particularly if they thought there was any chance said star would be done for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anything less than a year is a disgrace.

Shouldn't be surprised of this reaction from this league.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It's good to be a Laker, tbh.
    So, it carries into next season, then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if someone did this to one of the Lakers stars? They probably would have been done for the season, particularly if they thought there was any chance said star would be done for the season.
    I've imagined this scenario many times. But in my imagination, they ban Bonner for life for the murder of Andrew Bynum, tbh.

You musn't be afraid to dream a lil bigger, darling.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see...not available for 6 games AND the LAL have not 1 or 2 but 3 small forwards with injuries.

They may not make it out if Dallas gets to 6 or if Den can harness their depth the way SA does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Versus Frickin' Lakers!
    nicely done

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :l
    I saw Ben Wallace "poke the bear". And the bear did pee all over himself.

Artest is a punk. Punks dont go after people who might destroy their face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a Spurs perspective, this is good news. Artest available to rough up the Thunder is ideal.

As an NBA fan, this sets a dangerous precedence. Now it's known that even if you throw the world's hardest elbow at the head of another player, the worst that can happen to you is a two week vacation. And probably less than that since no one else has Artest's history.
    Spot on analysis, my friend. You're a talented man, LJ. I get my Spurs news from you instead of the local fishwrap. Keep it up, dawg. I agree that it's a dangerous precedent and it's absolutely disrespectful to the victim, also. What a joke.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw his quote

As I mentioned at the time, Harden went up to crowd him thinking he'd get a cheap one or maybe flop or flail and draw a whistle.

Whups.

Thread Information