Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KoMe is back so it dont matter cuz MWP wont see any touches!
    great insight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Laker fans are saying it's way too many and non Laker fans say it's way too few... who would have guessed that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please explain how my reasoning is cluttered. Be detailed, let's hear it.

James Harden ran up to MWP when he was going out of his mind and tried to pick up a cheap foul on a madman, with some bull . Artest gave Ben Wallace a hard foul (was not going crazy at the moment when it happened), and Wallace (who is bigger) went after him.

Are you REALLY comparing those 2 incidents? If you are, you're a mongoloid and should kill yourself with a hammer.

I'm not a mod, b/c if I was I would pink your ass for how stupid you are.
    what is your point DD ? Harden deserved it because he ran up to MWP ? even if true, does that make what Artest less de able ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Laker fans are saying it's way too many and non Laker fans say it's way too few... who would have guessed that.
    I dont think only spurs fans think its way too few

What do you think of Metta World Peace's seven-game suspsension?

9%Too long
    65%Too short
    26%Just right
    Total Votes: 4253

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan-based hypocrisy. Simply sickening imo.

what is your point DD ? Harden deserved it because he ran up to MWP ? even if true, does that make what Artest less de able ?
    I don't know. That version of events makes Artest look even more psychotic though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My point is that Harden's not the innocent wittle victim who played no part in it. What MWP did was de able, AS I ALREADY STATED EARLIER, but Harden is known to be a chippy player who tried ran at Ron and tried to pick up a cheap foul while he was going ape . Everybody knows how volatile Ron is, so why would you with him when he's in a frenzied state--especially if your a small guy like Harden?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A psychotic sociopath would not know the difference Einstein.

He is a coward. He avoids altercations when he is frightened. Dont make him out to be some bad ass that has no fear when he chooses his "fights" with prudence.
    So once again. Your claim that he is insane and cannot help himself is not justified. This was after your Ben Wallace "he knows wallace is bigger and stronger" claim .

There are only so many times I can repeat the same thing.

As far as Harden seeking out Artest for an altercation, read my last post. Please note fight is in quotes.

It is not my fault if you cannot understand your own fallacious arguments.
    In other words, I cant help your stupidity, blame your sociopathic behavior. Since you know so much about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the replay from as neutral as perspective as possible:

-I think Harden was trying to draw a tech or something cuz he knew Metta was pumped after that dunk. Harden is known as a talker and a guy that tries to get under people's skin. I think he forgot that Ron Artest is a certifiable crazy person. He has ZERO control over his actions.

-I think if Kendrick does what James did, i still think Metta throws the elbow because like i said, he has zero control when prodded. That said, Kendrick would work Metta. There's not many guys i'd take in a fight over Artest but Kendrick is one of them.

-Those saying that this is setting a dangerous precedent in the NBA...calm down. Nobodys gonna start injuring other guys on purpose. There's been dirty fouls before with lighter penalties. Guys aren't going to all of a sudden turn into Tonya Hardings because Metta only got 7 games. Too much media fallout and not a lot of guys want the rep of being "dirty."

-There's very few people in the league that you want to mess with and Ron is one of them. He's crazy. This is common sense. If you want to really stick it to him, just light him up when he's guarding you because he's not that great of a defensive player anymore. But don't do ticky tack and then be surprised when you get a elbow to the head.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I also didn't say his punishment was too much...please find where I did if you have evidence to the contrary.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looking at the replay from as neutral as perspective as possible:

-I think Harden was trying to draw a tech or something cuz he knew Metta was pumped after that dunk. Harden is known as a talker and a guy that tries to get under people's skin. I think he forgot that Ron Artest is a certifiable crazy person. He has ZERO control over his actions.

-I think if Kendrick does what James did, i still think Metta throws the elbow because like i said, he has zero control when prodded. That said, Kendrick would work Metta. There's not many guys i'd take in a fight over Artest but Kendrick is one of them.

-Those saying that this is setting a dangerous precedent in the NBA...calm down. Nobodys gonna start injuring other guys on purpose. There's been dirty fouls before with lighter penalties. Guys aren't going to all of a sudden turn into Tonya Hardings because Metta only got 7 games. Too much media fallout and not a lot of guys want the rep of being "dirty."

-There's very few people in the league that you want to mess with and Ron is one of them. He's crazy. This is common sense. If you want to really stick it to him, just light him up when he's guarding you because he's not that great of a defensive player anymore. But don't do ticky tack and then be surprised when you get a elbow to the head.
    EXACTLY...people like pgardn are too ing stupid to grasp this, and resort to moving the goalposts (Malice at the Palace)...what's sad is he got owned in THAT argument too. Clown doesn't even remember what happened that night yet he's trying to cite it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Though it does beg the question of what's a guy with no impulse control doing on the court? If anything that solidifies what some of us are saying which is that Artest puts other players at risk simply because he does snap violently and have moments when he's not fully there. This goes beyond fandom and into the territory of protecting people from injuries. If I were a Laker fan I would want him off my team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So once again. Your claim that he is insane and cannot help himself is not justified. This was after your Ben Wallace "he knows wallace is bigger and stronger" claim .

There are only so many times I can repeat the same thing.

As far as Harden seeking out Artest for an altercation, read my last post. Please note fight is in quotes.

It is not my fault if you cannot understand your own fallacious arguments.
    In other words, I cant help your stupidity, blame your sociopathic behavior. Since you know so much about it.
    Do you even know where you're going with this right now? Seriously?

-I said MWP is a psycho (common knowledge) who was in a frenzied state when Harden ran up to him (not the other way around, you stupid pile of ).

-You moved the goalposts and said (paraphrased) "well if MWP's such a bad-ass then how come he didn't go at Ben Wallace and kick his ass!"-- despite the fact that Wallace is BIGGER, STRONGER, and was 10x as mad at the time because he's the one who was fouled.

-You continue to spin in circles.

Don't talk about events you clearly have no recollection of.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^ Though it does beg the question of what's a guy with no impulse control doing on the court? If anything that solidifies what some of us are saying which is that Artest puts other players at risk simply because he does snap violently and have moments when he's not fully there. This goes beyond fandom and into the territory of protecting people from injuries. If I were a Laker fan I would want him off my team.
    That's a different story altogether. If you with somebody at any emotional peak bad stuff can happen. If you with a psycho on an emotional high, who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league let Karl Malone play for 20 years. And i consider that POS to be 10x dirtier than Ron Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXACTLY...people like pgardn are too ing stupid to grasp this, and resort to moving the goalposts (Malice at the Palace)...what's sad is he got owned in THAT argument too. Clown doesn't even remember what happened that night yet he's trying to cite it.
    He got punked by Wallace. He was still upset. Fan threw a beer on him. Fan is not Ben, go after the fan.

Harden... Throw a high elbow. Let Lakerfan claim insanity so its Harden's fault for provoking the incident.

IS IT POSSIBLE HARDEN WAS LOOKING FOR ARTEST TO MOVE OFF HIM FOR THE INBOUNDS PASS?

Who needs to put a pie in his face?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that Harden's not the innocent wittle victim who played no part in it. What MWP did was de able, AS I ALREADY STATED EARLIER, but Harden is known to be a chippy player who tried ran at Ron and tried to pick up a cheap foul while he was going ape . Everybody knows how volatile Ron is, so why would you with him when he's in a frenzied state--especially if your a small guy like Harden?
    not saying that Harden is an angel but he is a nice talent with no bad reputation. I remember him going after kobe last year but I think kobe started talking to him and he stood up, good move in my book showing he is not soft.

You are right he is just crazy and dumb so no need to go after him but on the other hand, when he starts doing crazy stuff if the opponent doesn't step up we immediately accuse him to be soft.

At the end of the day, if the dude cannot control himself he has no room playing professional bb.

and be honest if jax does the same to kobe, you will be all over the board saying jax should be banned for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league let Karl Malone play for 20 years. And i consider that POS to be 10x dirtier than Ron Artest.
    That was very bad.

So Stern made clear we would not return to the good old days. Remember why the bench rule was started, that actually might have aided us in beating Phoenix. Too much crap was going on and people were sick of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He got punked by Wallace. He was still upset. Fan threw a beer on him. Fan is not Ben, go after the fan.

Harden... Throw a high elbow. Let Lakerfan claim insanity so its Harden's fault for provoking the incident.

IS IT POSSIBLE HARDEN WAS LOOKING FOR ARTEST TO MOVE OFF HIM FOR THE INBOUNDS PASS?

Who needs to put a pie in his face?
    Like i said, stop posting. The hole is only getting deeper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not saying that Harden is an angel but he is a nice talent with no bad reputation. I remember him going after kobe last year but I think kobe started talking to him and he stood up, good move in my book showing he is not soft.

You are right he is just crazy and dumb so no need to go after him but on the other hand, when he starts doing crazy stuff if the opponent doesn't step up we immediately accuse him to be soft.

At the end of the day, if the dude cannot control himself he has no room playing professional bb.

and be honest if jax does the same to kobe, you will be all over the board saying jax should be banned for life.

Nobody would call anybody soft for avoiding him. He was in his own world pounding his chest and going ape --not playing the inbounds pass or something else. He was out of his mind and in another world--there was absolutely no necessary reason to engage him at that point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a different story altogether. If you with somebody at any emotional peak bad stuff can happen. If you with a psycho on an emotional high, who knows.
    He can plead insanity all he wants. Artest's reaction was over the top and if players can't talk trash or bump into him while he's celebrating for fear of being concussed then he needs to be out of the league. Blaming Harden is a red herring here.

They should've forced him out for the remainder so that he could get another mental evaluation in the offseason. Hopefully the Lakers get knocked out before his suspension is over.

They probably should've done more about Karl Malone. That said, Artest is clearly deficient on some level and the NBA had a prime opportunity to avoid making the same mistakes as before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like i said, stop posting. The hole is only getting deeper.
    So he is sane in the Ben Wallace incident when he goes after the crowd, and insane for the Harden incident. Lakerfan is in Ron's head, knows when he is crazy and when he is not. I call that convenient.

I got it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who's watched the Spurs during the Bowen years, knows that Bruce or Horry would have done something similar to Harden by trying to draw a tech or pickin on a guy they knew was mentally weak.

I would like to think they'd think twice about picking on Artest because it's common knowledge that you probably shouldn't with him.

I'm not blaming Harden at all for any of this but I'm sure he knows now that there's some guys you pick on and some guys you probably leave alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody would call anybody soft for avoiding him. He was in his own world pounding his chest and going ape --not playing the inbounds pass or something else. He was out of his mind and in another world--there was absolutely no necessary reason to engage him at that point.
    I can agree with that tbh

as you said not an excuse for doing what he did anyway

once again this weirdo crazy violent dude has no room to be on a bb court if he cannot control himself

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metta World Blumpkin and the Lakers...7 games is good, but it should've been the rest of the season and playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who's watched the Spurs during the Bowen years, knows that Bruce or Horry would have done something similar to Harden by trying to draw a tech or pickin on a guy they knew was mentally weak.

I would like to think they'd think twice about picking on Artest because it's common knowledge that you probably shouldn't with him.

I'm not blaming Harden at all for any of this but I'm sure he knows now that there's some guys you pick on and some guys you probably leave alone.
    you can add jax on that list

Thread Information