Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that Harden's not the innocent wittle victim who played no part in it. What MWP did was de able, AS I ALREADY STATED EARLIER, but Harden is known to be a chippy player who tried ran at Ron and tried to pick up a cheap foul while he was going ape . Everybody knows how volatile Ron is, so why would you with him when he's in a frenzied state--especially if your a small guy like Harden?
    wtf are you talking about. Harden didn't "run up" to Artest he took one small step over into Artest's path, not that uncommon in slowing a guy trying to get back on defense. Then whack job elbowed him to the ground. If whack job is so unstable that in your words "everybody knows how volatile Ron is" he shouldn't be allowed on a basketball court. Try watching the play so you have a clue what you're talking about.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1450784.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So he is sane in the Ben Wallace incident when he goes after the crowd, and insane for the Harden incident. Lakerfan is in Ron's head, knows when he is crazy and when he is not. I call that convenient.

I got it...
    How ing stupid are you?

Who said Ron was sane when he went into the crowd? Who? Who was going ape during the Artest-Wallace immediate aftermath? Do you need video? Hint: It wasn't Artest. Not till some drunk ass through a beer on him did he snap.

Once again, you prove that you don't know what you speak of. Aren't you sorry you made me do this to you?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wtf are you talking about. Harden didn't "run up" to Artest he took one small step over into Artest's path, not that uncommon in slowing a guy trying to get back on defense. Then whack job elbowed him to the ground. If whack job is so unstable that in your words "everybody knows how volatile Ron is" he shouldn't be allowed on a basketball court. Try watching the play so you have a clue what you're talking about.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1450784.html
    Who approached who, you stupid ? Add picnroll to the list of butthurt crybabies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can plead insanity all he wants. Artest's reaction was over the top and if players can't talk trash or bump into him while he's celebrating for fear of being concussed then he needs to be out of the league. Blaming Harden is a red herring here.

They should've forced him out for the remainder so that he could get another mental evaluation in the offseason. Hopefully the Lakers get knocked out before his suspension is over.

They probably should've done more about Karl Malone. That said, Artest is clearly deficient on some level and the NBA had a prime opportunity to avoid making the same mistakes as before.
    I get your point. While I wouldn't be surprised if Ron does something like this again. I think the chances of him injuring anybody on purpose is pretty slim or not much greater than with any other NBA player.

It's not like Ron is playing with a bunch of 5th graders or he's packing a knife. These are professional athletes who can handle themselves and don't need the league babying them anymore.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who's watched the Spurs during the Bowen years, knows that Bruce or Horry would have done something similar to Harden by trying to draw a tech or pickin on a guy they knew was mentally weak.

I would like to think they'd think twice about picking on Artest because it's common knowledge that you probably shouldn't with him.

I'm not blaming Harden at all for any of this but I'm sure he knows now that there's some guys you pick on and some guys you probably leave alone.
    Imo Bowen would jump on that. He would do practically anything to rattle or get the opposition thrown out if he thought it would help the team. Constantly yapping, fingering, elbowing, stepping under shooters. No fear. But no fights because he did not want himself thrown out.
    Horry, no imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can add jax on that list
    Yup, Jax would pull the same that Bowen or Horry would.

And it'd be a smart move with most guys in the league. But probably not Ron. And i think Jax is smart enough to know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How ing stupid are you?

Who said Ron was sane when he went into the crowd? Who? Who was going ape during the Artest-Wallace immediate aftermath? Do you need video? Hint: It wasn't Artest. Not till some drunk ass through a beer on him did he snap.

Once again, you prove that you don't know what you speak of. Aren't you sorry you made me do this to you?
    You have no understanding of what you are trying to argue Mr. Darrow. You now decide when Ron goes "ape " and when he is collected.

Do you charge by the hour and is your sofa soft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, Jax would pull the same that Bowen or Horry would.

And it'd be a smart move with most guys in the league. But probably not Ron. And i think Jax is smart enough to know that.
    probably but out of 3, I can see jax pulling that out his hat but he will smart enough to protect himself from a bad surprise

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have no understanding of what you are trying to argue Mr. Darrow. You now decide when Ron goes "ape " and when he is collected.

Do you charge by the hour and is your sofa soft?
    So are you trying to call me a lawyer (Darrow) or a psychiatrist (couch talk)? You can't even get your burns right.

Do I need to show you both videos to make you look like even more of an ass? Just say the word.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get your point. While I wouldn't be surprised if Ron does something like this again. I think the chances of him injuring anybody on purpose is pretty slim or not much greater than with any other NBA player.

It's not like Ron is playing with a bunch of 5th graders or he's packing a knife. These are professional athletes who can handle themselves and don't need the league babying them anymore.
    The problem for Artest is that he loses his mind and has moments where he just snaps. That's psychotic behaviour and after all of his suspensions it's clear that just leaving him out a few games every time he hurts somebody isn't getting the message through to him. If Harden had turned just a little more or if the elbow had connected a touch higher, we could've been sitting here talking about a completely different sort of tragedy. That's not something I can just brush aside.

I just don't see how protecting players from serious bodily injury is "babying them". Injuries are a part of the game and I can understand this line of reasoning with respect to playing versus resting players or something like that. Artest is just a psycho and whether they're professional athletes or not, nobody should have to run this type of risk whenever they step on the floor. Basketball is just a game after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you trying to call me a lawyer (Darrow) or a psychiatrist (couch talk)? You can't even get your burns right.

Do I need to show you both videos to make you look like even more of an ass? Just say the word.

Yes that is exactly right Mr. Hawking. I called you a lawyer, a bad one, and a psychiatrist, probably intimately acquainted with temporary insanity. Do you get called to trial often? and as which one?

And your modesty and composure are assuring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm going to use the magic of video to help pgardn out, because he seems to have the brain capacity of Pacman Jones:

Who tries to fight who here?--Also, who is bigger, stronger, and madder:

See how stupid you look now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes that is exactly right Mr. Hawking. I called you a lawyer, a bad one, and a psychiatrist, probably intimately acquainted with temporary insanity. Do you get called to trial often? and as which one?

And your modesty and composure are assuring.
    Is this you moving the goalposts again?

Do you always do this when you're frustrated and proven wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem for Artest is that he loses his mind and has moments where he just snaps. That's psychotic behaviour and after all of his suspensions it's clear that just leaving him out a few games every time he hurts somebody isn't getting the message through to him. If Harden had turned just a little more or if the elbow had connected a touch higher, we could've been sitting here talking about a completely different sort of tragedy. That's not something I can just brush aside.

I just don't see how protecting players from serious bodily injury is "babying them". Injuries are a part of the game and I can understand this line of reasoning with respect to playing versus resting players or something like that. Artest is just a psycho and whether they're professional athletes or not, nobody should have to run this type of risk whenever they step on the floor. Basketball is just a game after all.
    Honestly, I'd sleep a lot better at night knowing Ron Ron is playing basketball than out on the streets .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Honestly, I'd sleep a lot better at night knowing Ron Ron is playing basketball than out on the streets .
    I feel the same way about Cubby posting. Lord knows how many Amber alerts there's been in AZ this past week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the same way about Cubby posting. Lord knows how many Amber alerts there's been in AZ this past week.
    Co- ing sign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could probably give him an out of sight job that doesn't involve him getting into a situation where his emotions can get the best of him to that extent. He clearly can't handle the compe ive nature of professional sports and it's in everyone's best interests to remove him from situations where he's been proven to seriously hurt people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for finding the video. I did not watch it as I already had but it was kind of you. There are other as well you can find those also. Diff angles are nice.

Im sorry that I cannot agree that you can tell when Ron is "ape " and when he is not. If another man bigger than Ron goes ape , he is not ape . But when he gets hit with concrete beer, he goes ape . Or, when he makes a nice play and someone purposely gets in his face.

BTW.

Is it possible that Harden was finding Artest for an inbounds pass? Players often find a player and push away from them to get an angle on an inbounds?

Since you know the mind of Harden as well... I cant tell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could probably give him an out of sight job that doesn't involve him getting into a situation where his emotions can get the best of him to that extent. He clearly can't handle the compe ive nature of professional sports and it's in everyone's best interests to remove him from situations where he's been proven to seriously hurt people.
    Don't be offended but you're taking this too seriously.

Harden will be fine and I really don't think Ron will seriously injure anybody for the rest of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who approached who, you stupid ? Add picnroll to the list of butthurt crybabies.
    Well at least we have it down from "run up" to "approach". So if you appproach whack job you should expect that you might get elbowed unconscious. Sounds like whack job should play in a straight jacket. Are you by any chance the crack baby formerly known as Ron Artest?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thanks for finding the video. I did not watch it as I already had but it was kind of you. There are other as well you can find those also. Diff angles are nice.
    Find any video with any angle of that event that will support your logic.

Then come back to me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well at least we have it down from "run up" to "approach". So if you whack job you should expect that you might get elbowed unconscious. Sounds like whack job should play in a straight jacket. Are you by any chance the crack baby formerly known as Ron Artest?
    Sick, incoherent burn, scro

Tell us more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish Artest had not done this.

He was really playing well and was fun to watch. He was getting off the ground, penetrating and making plays, actually hitting some 3's. He was looking like a real basketball player again.

I have always liked his intensity and hand speed on the defensive end. I wonder if the Lakers try and sign him again or if another team tries to pick him up. He has another year I believe, contract up next year...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be offended but you're taking this too seriously.

Harden will be fine and I really don't think Ron will seriously injure anybody for the rest of his career.
    Concussions are tricky. We don't know what will happen to Harden long-term as a result of this hit and at that we can all agree that he got lucky.

I don't doubt that Ron doesn't *intend* to seriously injure anybody but like I said he's not in his right mind when he does things like this. Given his history 7 games simply won't do unless the Lakers get knocked out in the first round.

And I'm saying this as someone who appreciated what Artest could do as a basketball player and the work he put in towards being sane. I feel sorry for him but if even after all of that we still don't know how he'll react to a situation, then new measures have to be taken imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find any video with any angle of that event that will support your logic.

Then come back to me.
    Actually it is you that knows when he cracks its your understanding of human behavior that is so keen. So if the Wallace incident had never occurred, and the beer was thrown anyway, does he still go ape Dr. Freud?

Thread Information