Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to use the magic of video to help pgardn out, because he seems to have the brain capacity of Pacman Jones:

Who tries to fight who here?--Also, who is bigger, stronger, and madder:

See how stupid you look now?

you should try out for Fox News you would be great hit over there. You definitely fit in their fair and balanced slogan. Just admit it you have Artest's in your mouth and be thankful it was only 7 games when it could have been more. Deadly Re you didn't disappoint with your poor trolling in this thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you should try out for Fox News you would be great hit over there. You definitely fit in their fair and balanced slogan. Just admit it you have Artest's in your mouth and be thankful it was only 7 games when it could have been more. Deadly Re you didn't disappoint with your poor trolling in this thread.
    I'm sorry but I've never heard of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I said MWP is a psycho (common knowledge) who was in a frenzied state when Harden ran up to him
    If the guy is such a psycho that he can't be approached, or lightly touched, without throwing an elbow to someone's head, then he really shouldn't be on the court. End of discussion. We generally ins utionalize people like that. We don't tell the normal people to be careful about accidentally touching someone, because they might get attacked. Well... unless your state is bankrupt. Then they just have to let the crazies run the streets.

Aren't you sorry you made me do this to you?
    You sound more than a little bit unstable yourself, DeeDee. Sounds like something a serial killer says. "I don't want to hurt them... they make me do it." Come to think of it, that's exactly the defense you're trying to create for MWP.

Listen, DeeDee - if your state is bankrupt, and you can't afford your meds, speak up. We'll take up a collection or something.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually it is you that knows when he cracks its your understanding of human behavior that is so keen. So if the Wallace incident had never occurred, and the beer was thrown anyway, does he still go ape Dr. Freud?
    Oh, so no videos or angles to prove your point? That's cool.

He's got a track record of doing weird . Also, does someone who says this (true or not) seem like a mentally stable individual to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After hearing a handful of NBA "experts" say they were expecting 10 games or more I was expecting 10 games or more. But 7 sounds good to me, at least it wasnt just a game or 2. The only problem I have with it is that World Piece of Crap can possibly come back for a pivotal Game 7....

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody would call anybody soft for avoiding him. He was in his own world pounding his chest and going ape --not playing the inbounds pass or something else. He was out of his mind and in another world--there was absolutely no necessary reason to engage him at that point.
    Not an excuse. If you honestly believe that he has no control over himself then he has no business running free in public, let alone on a basketball court.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so no videos or angles to prove your point? That's cool.

He's got a track record of doing weird . Also, does someone who says this (true or not) seem like a mentally stable individual to you?

I have no doubt he is unstable.

But the ape part where he gets violent, I dont know when that happens. Except after it happens.

I also dont know from the replay if Harden is trying to antagonize him, getting and advantage for the inbounds, or possibly both.

I dont know. Thats why I ask the expert.

You.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron helped bury some bodies for Stern and the NBA

But tbh this punishment seems about in line with the rest of the incidents this year like Love 'face stomping' Scola
    Leave it to you to compare a guy's flat rubber rubber sole pushing off on a guy's face to a sharp elbow thrown with full force at the back of somebody's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he get to keep his NBA Citizen of the Year Award?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I can google it but does anyone know off the top of their head what Karl's punishment was after putting Dave to sleep?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the replay a couple of days after it happened, I can objectively say that 7 games is not enough for what he did. Many players celebrate without taking the head off another player with an elbow. He was NOT beating his chest, he was drawing back to hit someone. It is obvious that he was intending to do that. Beating his chest would have put his elbow down about a foot below the head level. Trying beating you chest with you elbow above your head. No I dont agree with anyone who says it was unintentional. He did with intent and nothing you can say will change it. He drew back and raised his elbow up to hit the head of a player. As for Hardin moving into him, from watching I see Kobe in front of Hardin as the play ends. He moves to the right, Hardin moves left to get inbounds pass. The Idiot runs into Hardin and throws elbow. Case closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, Bynum only getting 4 games for the Barea hit is waaaaaaay more ridiculous than Ron only getting 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I can google it but does anyone know off the top of their head what Karl's punishment was after putting Dave to sleep?
    1 game and 5k fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick google search:

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...test-hits.html

Malone was fined $5,000 and suspended for one game, but was later forgiven by the concussed Admiral.

^^^weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick google search:

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...test-hits.html

Malone was fined $5,000 and suspended for one game, but was later forgiven by the concussed Admiral.

^^^weak
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox News had a "10 worst NBA hits of all time". Horry's hip check on Nash was there, and Raja Bell's horse collar of Kobe was there. It even had Jason Smith's hip check of Blake Griffin, but no Karl Malone on the entire list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jan 30, 2003. Ron was in full loon mode in a game against Miami. He had already been called for a flagrant against Caron Butler. He (Artest) got fouled as he was making a basket, and instead of going to the line he went to the Miami bench, flexing his arm. In the process, he brushed against Pat Riley. Riley, already sick of his , yelled at him and pushed him away. Note: Artest brushed into Riley, which is the same thing Harden did to Artest. Riley didn't elbow Artest in the head. If he had, he probably would have been suspended as a coach, for at least the rest of the season. That sort of thing is just not done.

The problem is, Lakerfans don't want the rules to be applied equally.

BTW - Wilbon mentioned that Artest broke two of Michael Jordan's ribs the first time they played each other. And Crazy Ron wasn't even particularly angry that day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Ron crazy>>>>>Rodman crazy.

Rodman did it for attention. Artest is legit take pills crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a disgrace. I haven't watched that in a while.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing disgrace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But I throw it in the garbage immediately," - Ron Artest

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I like Ron as a person. I root for him to get his together. But just 7 games, for a guy with his history, leaves me speechless. I really thought the league would err on the side of over-suspending him in order to squash su ions that they would favor a Laker. Seven games for Artest is nothing short of an under-suspension, which makes me wonder if the NBA even gives a about perception at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But I throw it in the garbage immediately," - Ron Artest
    There it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Rip Hamilton provoked Ron, too. Looks like everyone needs to just let Ron alone on the court, or he might hit you in the head. Not a bad strategy.

What really kills me is the Lakerfans who say that an elbow to the head is no big deal. But when someone barely touches Artest, THAT is provocation.

Thread Information