Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, I never saw this one before. It may be the best one yet. I don't know if there are any meds that would help Ron. But if there are, he needs them force-fed to him. And he really, really should't be in any situation where emotions run high, or there might be any confrontation of any kind. C'mon... is it any wonder that this guy loses control on the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I like Ron as a person. I root for him to get his together. But just 7 games, for a guy with his history, leaves me speechless. I really thought the league would err on the side of over-suspending him in order to squash su ions that they would favor a Laker. Seven games for Artest is nothing short of an under-suspension, which makes me wonder if the NBA even gives a about perception at all.

I am almost certain they're at the point where they don't care, which is baffling...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That quote was long ago (2005 or so). I know that he is regularly under care of a psychiatrist, so he could be taking meds now, but I doubt it. I heard long ago that he refused to take them because he thought that he would lose his edge as player and not be as good.

An interesting note is that I always heard from people in the know that his now ex-wife was even more nuts than he is. When he was in Indiana, they said the things that she pulled were absolutely ridiculous.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, I never saw this one before. It may be the best one yet. I don't know if there are any meds that would help Ron. But if there are, he needs them force-fed to him. And he really, really should't be in any situation where emotions run high, or there might be any confrontation of any kind. C'mon... is it any wonder that this guy loses control on the court?

An interesting note is that I always heard from people in the know that his now ex-wife was even more nuts than he is. When he was in Indiana, they said the things that she pulled were absolutely ridiculous.
    Misery loves company.
    Last edited by angelbelow; 04-24-2012 at 11:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medication may help his imbalance, but you can't fix stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 games sounds fair.

The most important about referring/judging is consistency. 7 games sound consistent with what the league has done lately considering Artest's past and that Harden got injured on that play.

Regarding Artest's past, I don't think he should be viewed at this stage as a more problematic player than a few others in the league who commit sometimes hard/dirty fouls. The whole Pallace's brawl was 7 and a half years ago and Artest was severely punished for it.

And I don't worry about the league becoming dirty because of this relatively light punishment. The NBA has been a clean league for years despite these light punishments. If it changes, it will still be time to toughen up sanctions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering what kind of infraction it would be if someone did the same thing outside of the gym.

Or, if the perp was wearing a different colored uniform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 0.02$:
    he should get 7 games + number of games Harden misses because of the injury. If this would be career ending injury for Harden, Artest shouldn't play in NBA again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 0.02$:
    he should get 7 games + number of games Harden misses because of the injury. If this would be career ending injury for Harden, Artest shouldn't play in NBA again.
    Good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden was cleared to play tonight, but OKC will sit him anyway. Said they wanted to give him 24 more hours to recover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suspend him for 7 games in the 2nd round against the Thunder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ffigured stern would throw them a bone after c Paul trade fell through...Pol! They are fortunate that mwp's absence won't hurt them in 1st round-still what if nuggets are this year's grizzlies?? Pol!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you guys see some of his tweets, which were removed later on:
    Sports media , I understand yal articles and respect it.. But the players and players that played in the 80's judging me.More to come later.

Shaq ,How can u comment on elbows.. What about the punch you threw at brad miller. And the elbows at dikembe and the prizbilla concussion?

Can magic johnson,jon barry and steven A compare my accidental elbow to the Luis scola face step and the Blake griff take down..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq just addressed that on NBA Game time tonight

he ripped the living out of Artest too. It was the most entertaining show I've seen out of Shaq all season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq just addressed that on NBA Game time tonight

he ripped the living out of Artest too. It was the most entertaining show I've seen out of Shaq all season.
    What'd he say?

And also, Ron's tweets clearly show that the suspension wasn't long enough. It's as if he doesn't understand that he was completely wrong...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq said none of his elbows were meant in a way to hurt someone like Artest did. Also he said when they told me I'd be suspended, I took it like a man and took the suspension.

He also referenced the Brad Miller story, said he told Brad if you keep cheap shotting me I'm coming after you, he did so I came after him, and said they came to me later asked if I said it, I said I did, they said your gone for 5, I took it like a man. Not all "eh, well, ya know, I didnt REALLY mean it"

He ripped the living crap out of him.

If you have NBA TV, turn it on now, the part will come back around again. I mean Shaq went nuclear on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still get pad even ur suspended right? so why his complaining about free money?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Words like "why" don't often come up in the mind of Metta World Peace.

Ex: his name is Metta World Peace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you still get pad even ur suspended right? so why his complaining about free money?
    He isn't getting paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq said none of his elbows were meant in a way to hurt someone like Artest did. Also he said when they told me I'd be suspended, I took it like a man and took the suspension.

He also referenced the Brad Miller story, said he told Brad if you keep cheap shotting me I'm coming after you, he did so I came after him, and said they came to me later asked if I said it, I said I did, they said your gone for 5, I took it like a man. Not all "eh, well, ya know, I didnt REALLY mean it"

He ripped the living crap out of him.

If you have NBA TV, turn it on now, the part will come back around again. I mean Shaq went nuclear on him.

Man, I really want to see this video, dagnabbit. I've found parts of it on YouTube, but they immediately cut off what Shaq has to say after he only speaks like two sentences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there is no vid on this?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You try and kill someone and u get 2 weeks off. Some teams have it good

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly not learning anything. Should have his suspension amended.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys are still crying about this?

Thread Information