Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought 5-7 games would be enough based on the other suspensions the nba has given and based on artest's history.

Okay, I never saw this one before. It may be the best one yet. I don't know if there are any meds that would help Ron. But if there are, he needs them force-fed to him. And he really, really should't be in any situation where emotions run high, or there might be any confrontation of any kind. C'mon... is it any wonder that this guy loses control on the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq just addressed that on NBA Game time tonight

he ripped the living out of Artest too. It was the most entertaining show I've seen out of Shaq all season.

Once I figured out that a lot of Shaq's comments were just showmanship, I actually started to like the guy. He was the P.T. Barnum of basketball, and he made a lot of money off the act. Doesn't mean I agree with him about everything, but he's usually got a pretty good take. And he was right about this one, for sure. He did take his suspensions like a man. It's hard to believe, but it really looks like Artest thinks his punishment was unfair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once I figured out that a lot of Shaq's comments were just showmanship, I actually started to like the guy. He was the P.T. Barnum of basketball, and he made a lot of money off the act. Doesn't mean I agree with him about everything, but he's usually got a pretty good take. And he was right about this one, for sure. He did take his suspensions like a man. It's hard to believe, but it really looks like Artest thinks his punishment was unfair.
    Well if this was maybe a one-time thing or whatever 7 games would still be lenient but it'd be more or less within reason. Artest was probably expecting less of a punishment in any case because he likely feels that Harden was either instigating things or that the "unintentional" aspect of his hit makes it somewhat justified (thank you Kobe for not helping matters).

He needs to be out of the league though. Not to punish him but because he's clearly not right in the head. Although tbh I'm not even sure if the NBA can make a player retire due to a mental disability...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy-assed MWP. Not only did he refuse to try and make ameds with Harden (he says he "doesn't shake hands with subs utes"), but he also said that the whole thing was Harden's fault. He claims that Harden sensed the emotions, ran up behind him, and FLOPPED!

That's right - Artest now sees himself as the victim.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why some of us suggested a lifetime ban...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these guys liable if Artest seriously hurts someone again? If not then they should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these guys liable if Artest seriously hurts someone again? If not then they should be.
    Next player's agent who gets hurt by him should sue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy-assed MWP. Not only did he refuse to try and make ameds with Harden (he says he "doesn't shake hands with subs utes"), but he also said that the whole thing was Harden's fault. He claims that Harden sensed the emotions, ran up behind him, and FLOPPED!

That's right - Artest now sees himself as the victim.
    All he said is he doesn't shake hand with subs utes which is true for every NBA starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All he said is he doesn't shake hand with subs utes which is true for every NBA starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ So him not trying to make any type of "Peace" just flies out the en' window because of that?? BAHAHAHAHAHA!! "Mega Piece O' Turd", alright.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually he said that Harden flopped and suggested that he was the victim of Harden's gamesmanship.

Thread Information