Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , sorry to hear that dude....

If I get my stolen, I will be asking for a refund for this game tbh.....blizzard has gone too far with the ty release tbh.
    not really worried about it, they can roll back a character to an earlier date, will probably lose a few levels and some items at most. Concensus on the forums is that Blizzard has stopped responding to individual tickets so its quite apparent that its a big issue.

Most are expecting an announcement tomorrow. As the GM's initially responded to the issue it became apparent that there was no authentication from different IP address and no sign of account manipulation so it doesnt appear to be a simple key logger or a phishing website. Initially people where being denied a character roll back because it didnt appear any of the accounts where hacked. Im not suprised by this, most of you know that I work I/T and I KNOW my system isnt compromised.

Most believe it is some type of session identifier manipulation. A session identifier is generated every time an event happens in the game, like completing an achievment or completing a quest, which is then sent to the server. It does not require going through the authentication process at all. If I steal your session identifier and send that instead of mine, then I now have access to your account and I completely bypassed the need to login.

This is even happening to people that have the optional authenticator which lends credence to the session identifier hack theory.
    Last edited by phyzik; 05-20-2012 at 08:40 PM.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interestingly, this also happened at the release of Diablo 2, it took like a month for Blizzard to admit to it and offered roll backs for affected people back then. Hopefully it doesnt take that long this time.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally starting to make the rounds news wise.

http://www.examiner.com/article/acco...iablo-3-hacked

The battle names that are apparently responsible for the hacks are as follows... “leyiong”, “Nevin”, “SBJunkie”, “luckllezz”, “McLeast” or any other account that mysteriously shows up in your contacts in game.

Personally, Luckllezz was the one that got me. If your account gets "compromised" check your recent players list in-game and look for those names or of names of anyone you dont recognize.
    Last edited by phyzik; 05-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just finished it on nightmare. It was very difficulty until the middle of act II, specially at the beginning of act II. But then I got some better items, changed a few skills and by the end of act II it got a lot easier. The bosses were easier to kill then some of those elite units.

I think Diablo 2 was harder because it used to take a long time to level up and you had to plan the skills upgrades and stats distribution carefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im impressed with the 3monitor setup portrait mode...then landscape as seen on youtube...very tempting

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man Dies After Playing Diablo III for 72 Hours

A 32-year old man called Russell Shirley, was found dead by his landlord after a three-day marathon of Diablo III.

According to the report, Shirley suffered a heart attack while playing Blizzard's addictive loot-fest. Apparently, Shirley lead a pretty relaxed lifestyle, and was hard pressed to use his gym membership or get some exercise.

However, two of Shirley's friends have debunked the story, saying he died due his long term suffering with apnea. They describe Shirley as a normal 32-year old man who was "charitable" and a "peerless friend", but who had trouble managing his weight due to his health problems.

Regardless of which part of the story is true, it is important to realize that taking a break every hour or so between long sessions of gaming is extremely vital.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Shirley and his family.
    Wow, that is ed up

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Think it's bad form to ask him relatives for his items? he must have some good loot tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it's bad form to ask him relatives for his items? he must have some good loot tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    almost finished with act 2 on nightmare.... Died a few times with the monk but it was mainly my fault trying to just tank through everything. Doing quite well now since I adjusted my tactics....

It really does get quite difficult once you hit nightmare. Cant wait for and Inferno.

Also went back to act 3 normal and ran through the rest of game for some gold... made everything my . didnt even use 1 health potion... it was a masacre.

Once I finish act 2 on nightmare (which Im close to doing) I will probably start nightmare fresh to get some more levels.
    I just got to nightmare on my barbarian today. Game is way harder than normal mode. . .I blew through Normal mode easily, and only died a couple times (on the same guy) in act 3 or 4, I forget, to some super enchanted fat guy monster group that killed me in like 2 seconds. But on Nightmare I've died at least half a dozen times and I'm not even done with act 1 yet. Game difficulty really shot up when mode switched.

I also heard Inferno mode is practically impossible, especially with Monk or Barb. Some stuff allegedly does 80k per hit. When you encounter certain combinations of traits on rare monsters (like molten, vampiric, and arcane enchanted or something), they're basically impossible to even kill. :\

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lots of posts on the D3 forums about people losing all items and gold.... and Im one of them.

lvl 43 naked monk right now.

Submitted a ticket myself but people are reporting that blizzard has stopped responding to them and is most likely looking into the issue further rather than treating it like isolated account security issues.

No word from Blizzard yet but with the ammount of complaints, its doubtfull that its a phishing scam or a few individuals hacking accounts. Loooks more like server side issue.

Just FYI if you log in and notice all your s gone.
    I believe it's an issue when you play in public games. People can somehow get into your and steal your items after they get your account name. I don't know the exact details on it, but so far, I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't played in public games losing all their stuff.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just got to nightmare on my barbarian today. Game is way harder than normal mode. . .I blew through Normal mode easily, and only died a couple times (on the same guy) in act 3 or 4, I forget, to some super enchanted fat guy monster group that killed me in like 2 seconds. But on Nightmare I've died at least half a dozen times and I'm not even done with act 1 yet. Game difficulty really shot up when mode switched.

I also heard Inferno mode is practically impossible, especially with Monk or Barb. Some stuff allegedly does 80k per hit. When you encounter certain combinations of traits on rare monsters (like molten, vampiric, and arcane enchanted or something), they're basically impossible to even kill. :\
    Yup, Monks/Barbs got the shaft when it comes to inferno.

That being said, game has some even more serious problems - mainly the itemization system. Legendary items are basically worse than good magical
    items........even worse, the attributes are boring/bland - all you're looking for is your main damage stat+vit. Where are the interesting stuff Diablo2 had like 30% instant kill, +% to specific skill, etc.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished Act 2 on mode. I died a lot trying to kill Belial. I also die a lot to some elite units. I'm thinking about starting another character, but haven't decided which class yet.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    As a diablo 2 player for 8 years diablo 3 took a huge step back there is no more skill required its all about the hours you put into it and it auto levels you up removes the entire character building aspect. No PVP and only 4 people in a room at once and the thousands of different weapons that are slightly different is re ed its still a good game but took a step back in my opinion

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as a diablo 2 player for 8 years diablo 3 took a huge step back there is no more skill required its all about the hours you put into it and it auto levels you up removes the entire character building aspect. No pvp and only 4 people in a room at once and the thousands of different weapons that are slightly different is re ed its still a good game but took a step back in my opinion
    this!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a diablo 2 player for 8 years diablo 3 took a huge step back there is no more skill required its all about the hours you put into it and it auto levels you up removes the entire character building aspect. No PVP and only 4 people in a room at once and the thousands of different weapons that are slightly different is re ed its still a good game but took a step back in my opinion
    No skill required?

And ty items?

Hmm, may not buy this after all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inferno mode is really hard. It does require skill/patience and some luck. I got tired of dieing all the time there with my barbarian and decided to start another character. Played a little with the wizard and now I'm trying the demon hunter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is d3 just like wc3? the skill lvl just auto lvl....and the icons and are identical to wc3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol chinese farmers

i read some players has 3.5b gold...

i wonder whats teh rates gold for real money is....

fkn i thought blizzard was going to do something about farmers, especially the chinese farmers...should just block there IPs from other regions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol chinese farmers

i read some players has 3.5b gold...

i wonder whats teh rates gold for real money is....

fkn i thought blizzard was going to do something about farmers, especially the chinese farmers...should just block there IPs from other regions
    Could be hackers, there is a lot of people losing all their gold and items. The max gold I've had so far is +- 250.000. I guess I should try to sell things for a higher price, although it's hard to imagine that people are paying for those ridiculously expensive items.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when u guys mentionin gold, do you mean gold droppings from kills? or this gold is some sort of rare bull in the game that u have to mine?

Hey Bruce... Lebron is the Rock Sec24Row7's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inferno is insane... I've been farming Asmodan on ... getting the 5 stack elite kill buff... starting ~3 portals before... and coming away with probably 150-200k an hour in goods/gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when u guys mentionin gold, do you mean gold droppings from kills? or this gold is some sort of rare bull in the game that u have to mine?
    You don't mine gold in diablo. You get it from kill drops, destroyed objects and quests rewards.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    it's sad that they call farming, when it used to be magic find lol now you can buy whatever you want

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is why i stop playyin mmporg games, either farmers or some exploit in the game where it gets nerf in the next patch

even when u build godly characters they will do something to nerf ur builds to limit those certain players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it worth buying??

Thread Information