Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone gonna play it? I already pre-ordered it. Let me know if you're playing it, would be nice to play with some resident spurstalker geeks.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm picking it up for sure, i still have some godly characters on D2 since they no longer expire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played the beta, the graphics look like they're from 2009 but the gameplay is fantastic fun

Not gonna lie, I miss the Paladin and have no idea what will be my first character...DH looks like easy mode and probably a great hardcore choice later on. From the major polls I've seen from bnet and other sites, Barb and Monk will be the top two played classes at first, and the least picked classes have been the Wizard and Witch Doctor.

jthelps.wordpress.com
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    skill system=stupid as tbh

d2>d3

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Had a blast in the open beta. I'm not completely sold on the skill system either, but the game really had a Diablo feel to it. Lots of fun. The beta was suuuper easy, but to be fair it let you play up to the equivalent of D2's Blood Raven which was also a reaally easy stretch.

Definitely buying it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not quite sure what I'll play with first, but I'm leaning towards the Barb, then the Witch Doctor, then the Sorcerer and so on. I don't particularly like the Demon Hunter or the Monk. Don't ask me why, I just don't.

With regards to the skill system, I agree I'm not entirely sold on it yet, but I've only just played the beta and I won't start ing until I've played the real thing. I must say though, it does feel a bit too "arcade" ish to me. As in very little consequence to any decision you make, as you can immediately go back and choose another skill to use. Now, I know Diablo was never an RPG per say, but it had certain RPG aspects that are now gone. I'll miss that.

Having said that, I trust Blizzard. They've yet to let me down even if at times I've thought "wtf were they thinking", they've always managed to produce fun, well balanced games. I truly hope this is not the exception, since the Diablo franchise is one of my all time favorites.

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm not quite sure what I'll play with first, but I'm leaning towards the Barb, then the Witch Doctor, then the Sorcerer and so on. I don't particularly like the Demon Hunter or the Monk. Don't ask me why, I just don't.

With regards to the skill system, I agree I'm not entirely sold on it yet, but I've only just played the beta and I won't start ing until I've played the real thing. I must say though, it does feel a bit too "arcade" ish to me. As in very little consequence to any decision you make, as you can immediately go back and choose another skill to use. Now, I know Diablo was never an RPG per say, but it had certain RPG aspects that are now gone. I'll miss that.

Having said that, I trust Blizzard. They've yet to let me down even if at times I've thought "wtf were they thinking", they've always managed to produce fun, well balanced games. I truly hope this is not the exception, since the Diablo franchise is one of my all time favorites.
    The Witch Doctor was craaazy overpowered. Once you get that soul stealing thing or whatever it was and upgrade your firebats, you murder everything. What's that? A horde of 30+ skeletons coming your way? One click and they are all dead. Nuts.

But yeah, the ability to change skills at a whim I think is definitely to appeal to the masses. I really think the rest of the game will make up for it. I do hope they make the game progressively more difficult, though. But like I said, I'm not complaining yet because the scope of the beta was pretty small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While you can swap skills, Blizzard has taken some steps to avoid exploiting it. For example if you change your skills after getting a buff like a magic find boost, then you lose some or all of that buff.

I agree that it's appealing to the masses though, and if they can make D3 work on a controller then it'll be ported to consoles. I forgot what Diablo 1 was like for Playstation but it was a gateway into the franchise for a lot of my friends, tbh the Diablo series were always pretty popular

I'm leaning towards Witch Doctor or Wizard as my first class....I figure most people are going to be playing Barb or Monk, so the auctions for their melee items might be a little on the high end. Barb in plate armor dual wielding 2handers will probably look the most bad ass though

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll certainly play it. Probably will start with the barbarian, loved that class in diablo 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Definitely playing, probably be a barb.

Only problem I have is I'm not sure my specs are good enough.

Here's what I got:
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)

CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz

CPU SPEED:
    2.29 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3.8 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.66 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    igdumdx32.dll

DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1360x768

The video card is pretty ty. Anyone knows if it will be able to handle it?

jthelps.wordpress.com
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Definitely playing, probably be a barb.

Only problem I have is I'm not sure my specs are good enough.

Here's what I got:
    OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)

CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz

CPU SPEED:
    2.29 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3.8 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.66 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    igdumdx32.dll

DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1360x768

The video card is pretty ty. Anyone knows if it will be able to handle it?
    probably on LOW to a LOW-MED, with none of the fancy eye candy crap imo

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    probably on LOW to a LOW-MED, with none of the fancy eye candy crap imo
    As long as it doesn't freeze or anything I think I can manage. Thanks.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as it doesn't freeze or anything I think I can manage. Thanks.
    is that the system you bought last week?? that doesnt look like a gaming machine with the integrated graphics card and i3 cpu...

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is that the system you bought last week?? that doesnt look like a gaming machine with the integrated graphics card and i3 cpu...
    That's my laptop, I ended up buying this desktop:

iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 957i Desktop PC
    Intel Core i7 2600K(3.40GHz)
    16GB DDR3
    1TB HDD Capacity
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Wasn't cheap, but at least now I don't have to worry about running max settings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

16GB DDR3
    1TB HDD Capacity

Wasn't cheap, but at least now I don't have to worry about running max settings.
    how much was it? why u settle for gtx560?

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna be playing a monk to start out with... had alot of fun with it in the beta.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The computer itself was 1099 +250 or so for a decent monitor. why "settle"? I was told this card is plenty to run Diablo 3 at max.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    gonna be playing a monk to start out with... had alot of fun with it in the beta.
    My gamertag is Kami2222, look me up bro.

How is a monk different from a barb?

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gamertag is Kami2222, look me up bro.

How is a monk different from a barb?
    TBH Its hard to tell with the limited skill set that was given in the beta for each character. As someone posted before, it was the equivelant of playing up to Blood Raven in D2. From what I could gather from that very small sample base, the Monk is more DPS and less armor than the Barb. If you asked me to put a definitive finger on it, the monk is a cross between a Barb and Paladin with some assassin mixed in.

But to be honest, I just want to play a Monk because martial arts is ing awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

16GB DDR3
    1TB HDD Capacity

yeah, that would be an understatement. You didn't need a machine like that to play Diablo 3 max settings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My battletag is apparently Greyshock#1974

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

16GB DDR3
    1TB HDD Capacity

You went all out, damn.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The servers go online at 12:01 on Tuesday, the 15th(Cali time zone).

I don't know if I can pull an all-nighter since I have to go to work the next day, but I think I can handle at the very least 3-5 hours.

So far I got me, a Barb, and a fried who will be playing a wizard. Anyone interested in teaming up? our game plan is probably to rush Act1, then do some farming to level up a bit/get better gear before starting act2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with the GTX 560 for Diablo III... and that whole box was $1099... not bad, tbh

Thread Information