My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I love not paying taxes on Amazon, but it is unfair compe ive advantage for them. Also, it denies to state legitimate tax revenue.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business...bs-3517157.php

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Why are Texas GOPers so in love with taxes!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Texas GOPers so in love with taxes!!!
    They are in love with lobbyist and lobbyist are pushing for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are in love with lobbyist and lobbyist are pushing for this.
    +10

I LOVE Amazon. But on this one, I think the lobbyists have a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I buy a ton of off of Amazon that I used to buy locally. Not paying sales tax usually more than pays for shipping. Gonna have to crunch the numbers now before just automatically doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I buy a ton of off of Amazon that I used to buy locally. Not paying sales tax usually more than pays for shipping. Gonna have to crunch the numbers now before just automatically doing it.
    Me too. Shipping on Amazon is almost always free unless you're buying less than $25 dollars worth of stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the free shipping, I will still shop Amazon. If nothing else, it saves me gas, time, and the aggravation of shopping, and it shows up on my front porch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the free shipping, I will still shop Amazon. If nothing else, it saves me gas, time, and the aggravation of shopping, and it shows up on my front porch.
    The prices are often cheaper too, but no sales tax was always a deal maker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think federal regulation on internet sales is a good thing, all companies shoul play by the same rules. I have no skin in this, but i think this interstate war for sales tax in usa is not going to do any good for american economy in the long term. I mean Amazon will be fine either way, the ones getting hurt will be the small business, who have it hard to sell over internet all over the states. Internet shopping is the future and not having one simple legislation just makes it harder for the smaller players. (same goes for EU)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a bit tangential, but amazon has shown the future of purchasing non-perishable items.

it's obvious that with the advent of the internet paying retail is becoming obsolete. the reason: it isn't necessary to pay a brick-and-mortar outfit's rent, electricity, water, maintenance, employees, CEOs, shareholders, etc. there is so much overhead in operating a retail store that amazon can absolutely ing slay them even with shipping costs.

now that scads more average people have started to discover that price difference out we see lots more retail stores going under, which has led to this legislation.

i think it's just more of the same we have seen all along. failing business models use their clout to stifle whatever technology will force them out of the marketplace, and this is no different. there are thousands of examples of this.

Thread Information