Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was an asset during this game no question but a C+ is spot on IMO. Considering he is manu we can expect much better than we saw today in O and D.

TP would have been crucified for this kind of game.

oh and suddenly the +/- doesnt suck anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I agree with much more being expected out of Manu... I also think he was single-handedly the spark in the 1st quarter when the team looked very, very timid

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and suddenly the +/- doesnt suck anymore
    I missed where someone said that. Ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed where someone said that. Ever.
    I actually stated the opposite... as far as gauging individual performances is concerned anyways.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually stated the opposite... as far as gauging individual performances is concerned anyways.
    Yeah, it doesn't really mean much. However, Manu was a difference-maker despite playing poorly, so it happens to be correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to grade, tbh. First stint he was 3-for-3 with an assist and +11. The was an A effort.

But the final 17 minutes he was on the court, he was 0-for-7 with three assists and three turnovers ... plus subpar defense. Can't say that was much better than a C- stretch of time.

He's Manu Ginobili so he's still an asset virtually no matter what but the Spurs need much more than what they got in his final 17 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks timvp

Tony was fantastic. I hope he keep attacking and attacking.

Jax brings so much to this team. Great to have him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched the game and great to see us playing at about 70% but still dominant.

I thought Manu's grade was about right - great start, but after that completely ineffective despite the effort. It's okay though, he'll bounce back, he always does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu would be one reason why the spurs lost today
    the spurs had not played in along time with everyone
    it looked like that for awhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, the thought of losing by 1 after Manu's botched dunk and Pop's meaningless technical did cross my mind for about 3.5 secs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up Ducks, you hater!

PS So glad we have Diaw. Any way we can keep the guy for the next few years? When he is motivated he's a superb player. Loved his game ever since the 13/7/6 season he put up back in 2005-6 for that exciting Suns team.

PPS And as for Jax, well that is obvious. He should never have left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing ducks with the usual Manu hatred. Surprise.

I would have given Timmay a B or B+. 50% shooting, 17 points and 11 boards, 5 assists, sheesh he is like 70 years old timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a relief that they won so handily while looking so rusty and uninterested. I expect they'll continue to shake it off, so I'm not overly concerned unless there is another game like that. Not having to play with more focus could hurt them later on.

Thought the grades were pretty spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save the date: Spurs rookie Kawhi Leonard admitted to being “a little more nervous” before his first playoff game, but declared his postseason debut a success.

“I was a little nervous,” he said. “I just had to go out and play hard. Everybody told me it’s a normal game, but harder, so just play harder.”
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...on-a-blessing/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tony keeps playing like he did today, we have a great chance to win this thing. Tony and Manu making penetrations and scoring allows for the 3's to rain down without as much pressure. And the offense turns into a wonderful feedback mechanism, inside-out, outside-in.

We had lots of time on the 3's but only Jackson and Bonner seemed to take advantage. The one Bonner misses is contested. And we had a lot of easy shots inside which Tim seemed to struggle with a bit.

So all is good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sj is spurs insurance because of manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont read ducks posts tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fitting playoff return for Captain Jack.

And Tim and Manu are still shaking off rust, so they're justified - but Tony's outing is downright great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could someone tell me how many of Bonner's 3s came with Sjax on the court? I'm not sure where to find that stat. Could Jackson's swagger and at ude be giving Bonner that extra dose of confidence he needs to make 3s in the playoffs? I know its something with a small sample size but its something to keep an eye on (maybe i'm just stoned.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it's as much Jax rubbing off on Matty as Bonner scared to death of what Jax would do to him he keeps missing wide open 3s.

Bonner with "swag"

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In regards to Bonner I thought it was a surprisingly good performance. He needs to be more physical but the bed was not shat upon so I consider it a success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PPPS Actually, Manu's passing in the second half was pretty awesome. Maybe he deserved a C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grade.

It wasn't the smoothest game possible but, at the end, it's a relatively easy win. Diaw and Jackson makes Spurs so much better. Even when some players have a so-so game, Spurs continue to roll. This team is just so deep.

Relax, It's just a game... But we better win!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu had a B+/A- level effort all throughout the game. He had the embarrassing missed dunk. On a subsequent possession in transition, I thought it was somewhat timid and opted for a mid range jumpshot (missed) instead of taking it to the rim.

I think his first 3 point attempt was in and out. That said, it was a great, wide-open look and you can't bag on him for his effort and decision making on that play.

He had a couple of great assists, but a couple of sloppy turnovers as well. C+ is pretty spot-on IMO.
    I think Manu was heading to an epic performance, but missing the dunk had a huge negative effect, not only he was very timid with that opportunity for a dunk (which if he had not missed the previous one would've made 4 dunks in something like 10 minutes) and missing the jumpshot, on the rebound someone (Tim?) passed to him, he attacked the rim.... only to get the shot blocked and then he just played average bb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty harsh on Manu, IMO.
    true

Thread Information