Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy has no game outside of pullup jumpers and occasionally bulling his way to the basket from the post. He's a below average passer, a mediocre defender, and only a decent ball handler. Perhaps my biggest problem with Melo though is his laziness. Dude is out of shape, and doesn't show nearly enough leadership on the defensive end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glenn Robinson, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo being overrated has been fact for quite some years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't tell the media that. They all still call him the best scorer in the game...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I don't really think he's rated that highly anymore. There were all those people who claimed that he was the best scorer in the league, but that seems to have died down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated? Yes

But LeBron is playing great defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really think he's rated that highly anymore. There were all those people who claimed that he was the best scorer in the league, but that seems to have died down.
    Well, that's sort of my point. It's already well-established in the media/ESPN that Melo does not play defense and can't be mentioned with the likes of LeBron, Wade, Durant, etc. So I suppose you could say that 2-4 years ago he was overrated.

It was painful for me to hear a few "analysts" (more like entertainers..ESPN is a joke) believing the Knicks would give the Heat a good series, and if things go right that they could beat the Heat, and that was just absurd. There is no way any rational person arrives to that conclusion after the season they've had. They played alright during a few stretches but finished barely over .500, going up against arguably the strongest and most reliable team.

I can't stand guys with peanut brains but loads of talent like Melo, it's a complete waste. Earlier this spring he had the audacity, when asked, to name his top 5 players in the league and of course he named himself, when LeBron, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Dirk, Howard, Paul, Deron Williams, and a few others are strictly higher quality players. It seems like often times when people are naming their top players in the league they go straight to the great scorers that are in the 6'6"-6'9" range and don't consider all around game.

If you start a draft of all current NBA players, without considering age, no rational franchise is taking Melo in the top 10.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus God, he has been horrible this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this knick team is probably worst then the nuggets team when they had camby dpoy where they were exposed in the first round by the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His 1v1 offense is top tier. He is playing with a crippled Knicks team... he's the primary focus for a great defensive Miami squad so I wouldn't use this series as a good indicator of his value.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His 1v1 offense is top tier. He is playing with a crippled Knicks team... he's the primary focus for a great defensive Miami squad so I wouldn't use this series as a good indicator of his value.
    Someone with rationale.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he honestly does have the "potential" to be the best scorer in the game but he's more wasting it. his offensive repertoire is about as complete as it gets when he actually wants to play like it.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Comparing two Small Forwards

James much quicker feet on defense. Obviously a better vertical in general

The only thing Anthony has better than James is jumper & post moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's overrated but not that overrated. In reality he's a rank 7-10 player but the media will often portray him as being a rank 4-6 player in addition to being one of the top "clutch" scorers in the league.

Derrick Rose to me is the most overrated "superstar" in the league. His MVP award was an absolute travesty.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^yeah well he won't be overrated for much longer. he ain't recovering from an ACL injury, he's all athleticism and little skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Melo a "mediocre" defender is like saying Amare has a high BBIQ.

Melo would make the all-NBA worst defensive starter team EVERY year he has ever been in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Melo can be a good defender when he wants to. When he led the Nuggets to the WCF that one year he was played really good defense and was easily a Top 5 player in the league. I think if the Knicks ever become legit contenders we can see that Melo again, he seems like the type of player that lacks motivation when his team is simply average/sucks.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He's overrated but not that overrated. In reality he's a rank 7-10 player but the media will often portray him as being a rank 4-6 player in addition to being one of the top "clutch" scorers in the league.

Derrick Rose to me is the most overrated "superstar" in the league. His MVP award was an absolute travesty.
    Rose averaged 25 & 7 while leading a remarkable W-L turnaround with Boozer & Noah missing a big portion of the season

You are an idiot

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ^yeah well he won't be overrated for much longer. he ain't recovering from an ACL injury, he's all athleticism and little skill.
    Just like monkeyball Griffin & RG3

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The guy has no game outside of pullup jumpers and occasionally bulling his way to the basket from the post. He's a below average passer, a mediocre defender, and only a decent ball handler. Perhaps my biggest problem with Melo though is his laziness. Dude is out of shape, and doesn't show nearly enough leadership on the defensive end.
    Hey TOSBfan2007 let me explain what's happening with Melo....

Dude drinks too much and it's affecting his game....If these guys would be more like Kobe and leave the alcohol alone in the off-season...their bodies would reward them or pay them back at this time of the season but they just don't get it...It's the reason Kobe is lasting as long as he have at a very high level he doesn't drink unless he's celebrating a le after game 7

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    You need to stop drinking Kobe's spunk

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You need to stop drinking Kobe's spunk
    You need to skip breakfast, lunch, and dinner today in order to prep for a late night of drinking Laker fan spunk...we're gonna serve it up choo-choo train style

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    You're such a wit

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know you are but what am I

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glenn Robinson, tbh..
    lol u comparing him to glen robinson.....at leasts glen robinson lowered his self esteem to ride spurs coat tail for a championship ring

Thread Information