Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://deadspin.com/5905839/the-most...in-new-orleans

Now that the NBA's regular season is over, it's time to wrap-up our analysis of NBA tickets that had the least demand. Once again, we turned to Will Flaherty, the director of communications for SeatGeek, the online ticket search engine that compiles data from hundreds of resellers. This time, Flaherty took a look at which individual sections in which NBA arenas were fetching the cheapest prices on the secondary market. Flaherty's analysis also quantified which game won the NBA le for discounted regular-season ticket prices.

All told, there were nine seating sections across the league in which tickets sold on average for less than $10 for the entirety of the season. And Section 306 of the New Orleans Arena, located in one of the corners at the top of the building, had the least demand of those sections. The New Orleans Hornets finished with the worst record in the Western Conference (21-45). But just how low did their ticket prices go? Flaherty's data helps explain:

• Tickets in Section 306 at New Orleans Arena sold for $8.06 on average.
    • 50 percent of the tickets in that section sold for $4 or less.
    • Fans paid only $1 for tickets in Section 306 for 15 different games, including when the Clippers and the Thunder were in town.
    • The highest price paid for a ticket in NOLA's Section 306 was $41 for the March 14 game against the Lakers—a night when the average resale price for a seat in that section was just $21.38.

Turns out New Orleans also had the second-cheapest section in the league. Here's a chart that displays the 10 sections throughout the NBA that had the lowest demand for tickets, based on the average resale ticket price:

Now that we know which sections were priced the lowest, what about the game that topped the NBA season's discount leaderboard? It, too, was in New Orleans. The April 11 Kings-Hornets game had 55 percent of its tickets sell on the secondary market for less than $5, while a whopping 78 percent went for less than $10. Both percentages were the highest for any NBA game played this season. But that's not all: That same game also had an average resale ticket price of $10.74—the lowest average cost for any of the NBA's 2011-12 regular-season games.
    worse than the 7 win Bobcats

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One team is the 1st seed another is a lottery team.

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mighty mouse isn't that enticing after all

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Lol trying to troll Hornet fans because BR put a butthurt on some GNSFs with his $2 playoff thread. Come on Spurtacus, you know better.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL

Lol even the Forum and Staples Center have been half empty when the Lakers were 9th or 10th in the WC - which is still much better than lottery teams

Heck, even the Lebrons Heat cant fill their arena during the regular season

Must be the weather I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol trying to troll Hornet fans because BR put a butthurt on some GNSFs with his $2 playoff thread. Come on Spurtacus, you know better.
    son your Hornets couldn't even outsell the Bobcats. The 7 win Bobcats. $1 tickets

son this is a two sport thread about the loyal and proud fans of New Orleans. who dat indeed

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    a cut out of the Saints fleur de lis would be a great middle-finger foam.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    son your Hornets couldn't even outsell the Bobcats. The 7 win Bobcats. $1 tickets

son this is a two sport thread about the loyal and proud fans of New Orleans. who dat indeed

What do you expect when the team didn't have an owner for over a year?

Still doesn't excuse the cheap playoff tickets.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    lol son he mad. just let him vent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol son he mad. just let him vent
    Mad? Not really. I don't live in SA.

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Mad? Not really. I don't live in SA.
    well son where are you? Texas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well son where are you? Texas?
    Yes.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    then you're apart of the problem. if you were a real fan you would financially support your team when you can, especially considering the Spurs are badass this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn sons I didn't realize the Aints were the pioneers of paper bagging

""In 1980, the Saints lost their first 14 games, prompting local sportscaster Bernard "Buddy D" Diliberto to advise Saints supporters to wear paper bags over their heads at the team's home games; many bags rendered the club's name as the "'Aints" rather than the "Saints." The practice of wearing a bag over one's head then spread rapidly, first to fans of other poorly performing teams within the NFL, and ultimately to those of other American team sports, and has become a firmly established custom throughout the United States."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then you're apart of the problem. if you were a real fan you would financially support your team when you can, especially considering the Spurs are badass this season.
    Your right. But I work full-time for a living. When you work 10 hour shifts late into the night there's not much time to travel to SA and back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not cool. The hornets are not even in the "make fun of" bracket. It's like making fun of the slow kid. C'mon bro...let them be.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    we got TWO first round picks in the top 10 min plus Grande Beli leading the team. Hornets gonna be contenders in less than 2 years TOP! Plus with Big Daddy Benson spending money like he doesn't give a on the franchise, LOTS of elite free agents will want to wear the flamboyant Mardi Gras colors the team is about to adopt. Yall s made cause you are a top seed and couldn't even sell out a playoff game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you go to every hornets game by any chance?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FAIL

Lol even the Forum and Staples Center have been half empty when the Lakers were 9th or 10th in the WC - which is still much better than lottery teams

http://basketballreference.com/teams...tm?tm=lal&lg=N

Staples center has never been half empty, unless there is 1 abnormal game you're mentioning that I can't remember. From 2000 to today, near perfect attendance. Even Pre-Gasol/Post-Shaq

The forum, well it usually had around 90-95% attendance, even during the showtime era it wasn't perfect. Although the only time you would see half full games would be the van exel period, one of the reasons Lakers brought Magic back for a season. I was only a little kid/not born during showtime so I'm not sure why attendance wasn't sky high during the most intense rivalry in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketballreference.com/teams...tm?tm=lal&lg=n

staples center has never been half empty, unless there is 1 abnormal game you're mentioning that i can't remember. From 2000 to today, near perfect attendance. Even pre-gasol/post-shaq

the forum, well it usually had around 90-95% attendance, even during the showtime era it wasn't perfect. Although the only time you would see half full games would be the van exel period, one of the reasons lakers brought magic back for a season. I was only a little kid/not born during showtime so i'm not sure why attendance wasn't sky high during the most intense rivalry in nba history.
    lies !!!!!

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Did you go to every hornets game by any chance?
    son I missed several this season, but paid for every single game with my season tickets. what about you?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL

They sell the tickets, people just don't show up. Rich s. South Beach and naked bodies can't be better than watching a receding hairline dance like a monkey on the sidelines.

Thread Information