Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UFC?v=tKmW0DTifo4

post fight presser will start soon if you want to watch, oh and Dbreid, my bad, didn't see the notification for your message
    No worries. I found a good one..

151 is all good i am buying that one..

good moment after Cowboy/Melvin fight:

http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-150-Cer...ard-Raw-Moment

I am guessing the 2 judges that had it for Ben gave him Rd 1, 4 and 5..

Ben was trying to land the harder shots but was much less effective this time..
    Ben was great when he attacked, but he did not attack enough. I think Benson is a better fighter overall, and clearly won the first fight, but Frankie outworked him tonight and should have gotten the decision. This fight was a letdown after their first encounter, so I'm kind of glad the decision went the way it did, because I don't want to see a third fight now.

Looking forward to Henderson vs Diaz. Nate has been awesome lately, and I expect Henderson to bring it next time around. Should be a great fight.

Post Count
    Ben was great when he attacked, but he did not attack enough. I think Benson is a better fighter overall, and clearly won the first fight, but Frankie outworked him tonight and should have gotten the decision. This fight was a letdown after their first encounter, so I'm kind of glad the decision went the way it did, because I don't want to see a third fight now.

Looking forward to Henderson vs Diaz. Nate has been awesome lately, and I expect Henderson to bring it next time around. Should be a great fight.
    And while it hurts now and an argument can obviously be made that Frankie won his career is just fine. He has big things ahead for him at 145. He can challenge Aldo and do major damage in that weight class..

Post Count
    Fight Metric 271-237 for Edgar...

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/08/...icial-ufc.html

Pretty close but honestly not many feel Bendo won...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    "Never leave it in the hands of the judges."

Edgar needs to stop fighting fights to get decisions if he wants to be treated fairly.

Post Count
    "Never leave it in the hands of the judges."

Edgar needs to stop fighting fights to get decisions if he wants to be treated fairly.
    Edgar is a Point fighter he always has been.. But i do think he did enough to win tonight.. Bendo was lucky to get past this one.. He needs to fight to his potential against Nate...

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ive never gotten the 'dont leave it in the judges hands' argument tbh Benefactor.. when the decision goes to the judges that means neither guy could finish and they both left it in the hand of the judges.. so why should one guy get screwed and suffer that criticism.. but i digress.. not having a go at you iv seen that argument used a thousand times.

I thought Edgar should have got the decision but im happy to move on from Edgar and Henderson and look forward to the next set of fights in this stacked division..

Henderson v Diaz
    Cerrone v Pettis

Cant wait for these two.

If you watched the presser you know Dana had to go to the back because of some argument going on back there, at the time I thought it was between Benson and Nate because Benson wasn't at the podium (and he wasn't hurt at the fight or anything like that).

But per Ariel:

If you're wondering what the brouhaha was during the presser, I'm told Frankie's mgr @alidominance and Bendo's mgr @malkikawa got into a scuffle. Not sure who won, but I'm told it was the opposite of the main event, if you catch my drift. For whatever it's worth, Ali and his team say he punched Malki in the face. It seems like they didn't like what he had to say after the main event, although, I'm not quite sure what was said.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Close fight again

and this time Frankie won but the decision went Bendos way.

All in all. Lat's all move on. Diaz need to get wrecked by Henderson!
    Hopefully this year.

Pettis probably gonna be ready at the beginning of the next year, so him against the man with the hat would be a great fight. Go showtime!

This card was not that great but it was nice /I watched the main card/. I did not liked crowds booing.

155 is so stacked and with Lauzon impressive victory I mean wow.

155 is definitely stacked, argues in favor against rematches; let the next top guy get the shot. Even if the fight (like tonight) was close/controversial, if the loser is good enough, he will get another shot down the road.

The crowd did seem a little boo happy. The fights were actually pretty good, so I don't know what their deal was.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    155 is definitely stacked, argues in favor against rematches; let the next top guy get the shot. Even if the fight (like tonight) was close/controversial, if the loser is good enough, he will get another shot down the road.
    Yea that's why I was not pleased with this rematch but whatever a good fight anyway.
    Hopefully Frankie gets down to 145 or 135.

Shields not gonna go far in the MW, the same I can say about Okami. There will be new blood in this division soon. There just needs to be.

Post Count
    I don't know what is worse for Frankie the fact that he lost a fight many feel he won or that everyone is saying "Good lets just move on".

Bendo as i said is much better than what he did last night. His big weakness is his boxing though and that is Nate's strength. Bendo has to be very well rounded in that one or he will lose and not by decision..

Post Count
    It was a weak fight but if you look at the stats, Bendo won. Bendo vs Diaz will be a better fight anyways then Edgar vs Diaz. So i'm glad it went Bendo's way.

Post Count
    Bendo won the final points in a few rounds which is why he was able to sway the judges but as a whole Frankie did much better in that fight. The throwaway line of "never leave it in the hands of the judges" needs to stop and we need to hold the judges to a higher level. It just really sucks to see Frankie get screwed.

Perhaps screwed is a bit harsh since it was a close fight but I thought he was the clear winner of at least 3 rounds maybe 4. But in those rounds Bendo did work at the end of the round and obviously was able to steal them in a couple of judges eyes.

He's definitely one of my favorite fighters in the UFC and I hate to see him screwed but he'll be back.

Yeah, the whole "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" bit is getting old. Winning by decision is a legitimate way to win a professional fight. The problem with MMA judging is that most of the judges don't know much about MMA, or I would argue fighting in general. The only reason more is not done to correct crappy judging is because fight organizations LIKE the controversy surrounding bad decisions. Any press is good press.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter if it's getting old, it's always been this way and it most likely always will be. It's not going to change. Judges are prone to certain biases depending on the cir stances of a fight and they only way to cir vent that is to not spend the whole fighting working for a decision and actually pick opportune times during a fight to try to finish.

Almost all great fighters are finishers. Just look at the current champions and their percentage of fights finished...JDS - 86%, Jon Jones - 81%, Anderson Silva - 78%, Jose Aldo - 72%. Henderson is the lowest and he is still at 59%. GSP is probably the only one off the top of my head that I can think of that can consistently take a fight to the judges and win...and that's because he is so good at overwhelming his opponents physically. But even he is sitting at a 59% finishing rate.

You want to be the champ and stay the champ? Start finishing.

Post Count
    It doesn't matter if it's getting old, it's always been this way and it most likely always will be. It's not going to change. Judges are prone to certain biases depending on the cir stances of a fight and they only way to cir vent that is to not spend the whole fighting working for a decision and actually pick opportune times during a fight to try to finish.

Almost all great fighters are finishers. Just look at the current champions and their percentage of fights finished...JDS - 86%, Jon Jones - 81%, Anderson Silva - 78%, Jose Aldo - 72%. Henderson is the lowest and he is still at 59%. GSP is probably the only one off the top of my head that I can think of that can consistently take a fight to the judges and win...and that's because he is so good at overwhelming his opponents physically. But even he is sitting at a 59% finishing rate.

You want to be the champ and stay the champ? Start finishing.
    Yeah, the whole "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" bit is getting old. Winning by decision is a legitimate way to win a professional fight. The problem with MMA judging is that most of the judges don't know much about MMA, or I would argue fighting in general. The only reason more is not done to correct crappy judging is because fight organizations LIKE the controversy surrounding bad decisions. Any press is good press.
    Bendo won the final points in a few rounds which is why he was able to sway the judges but as a whole Frankie did much better in that fight. The throwaway line of "never leave it in the hands of the judges" needs to stop and we need to hold the judges to a higher level. It just really sucks to see Frankie get screwed.

Perhaps screwed is a bit harsh since it was a close fight but I thought he was the clear winner of at least 3 rounds maybe 4. But in those rounds Bendo did work at the end of the round and obviously was able to steal them in a couple of judges eyes.

He's definitely one of my favorite fighters in the UFC and I hate to see him screwed but he'll be back.
    These are all excellent takes guys...

Dana is fond of saying "Never leave it to the judges" but we certainly understand it is not possible to always finish at this level of the game. Anderson has decisions, Fedor had them, Jones just had one, GSP has a bunch of them... You hope when a decision is needed the judges are educated enough on what to look for they get them right more often than not. The judges certainly have a bias when it comes to styles and MMA is more complicated than boxing in terms of what to judge... Some judges love TD's, other want to see damage over a volume of smaller blows, some value octagon control more than others... Edgar in his last 2 fights had judges scoring the fight that clearly took issue with his style of fighting. My guess is they were sending a message to him that they feel he is trying to point fight and they want to see him be more aggressive and look to finish... To me a win is a win no matter how you go about the game-plan and I thought Frankie did enough to get the W.. The debate rages on I guess...

Good stuff guys...

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

As reported on @ufctonight, @frankieedgar has officially decided to move to 145 lbs. He hopes to debut before the end of year. Opponent TBD.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/21...e-debut-by-end

Post Count
    As expected.. It was pretty clear than he and Dana made a deal that if he lost the rematch he drops down to 45..

Thread Information